DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

I decided to step back out of all activities from DR2.0 for the foreseeable future.

Missed New Zealand - Hawkes Bay due to other games came out recently (TLoZ: Link's Awakening and Gears 5) and forgot the championship because of this.

Now I tried to do the best and give all in Argentina - Catamarca Province and was first through the rally despite some small mistakes. But RaceNet decided to be a b**** today and DNFed my 5th stage despite having a time posted. Got several error codes after the 4th and 5th stage. But after the 5th I had to close the game, because it didn't let me do anything. You can see on the website: I have a time posted in all stages, but somehow got a huge time penalty on stage 6.

So enough of this.

I had enough frustration and disappointing experiences from this game. It is really, really sad, that this game is so good, but get hold back by RaceNet, several bugs and a crew behind the game, who really things to connect a game mostly to unreliable servers is a good idea.

The RaceNet-Servers are garbage and can ruin your championship at any point, so it doesn't make sense to me continuing long championships, where the chances of this happening are so big.

This had to be said.

So, I hope you guys have fun, but I will take a brake for at least november. Will probably look at finland rally and will see if they finally fixed the car stats in my team, sound cutting out-bug and the garbage servers. And if, then I may come back.

Until then I give my Nintendo Switch work to do.

Well...it wasn't really a battle, because you're faster on the first 5 stages, but I did my run before you and Baunau, so my opponent at that time was @SkyRex. I was only in the last 2 stages faster than you. I would've been 2nd place at the moment of writing.

The finnish player Maraleisson had the same problem after the 2nd stage it seems. A huge time penalty, but his times were still quite good.

On 24/09/2019 at 21:11, UnderclassGDfan said:

Eh bien ... ce n'était pas vraiment une bataille, parce que tu es plus rapide sur les 5 premières étapes, mais j'ai couru avant toi et Baunau, donc mon adversaire à l'époque était @SkyRex . J'étais seulement dans les 2 dernières étapes plus vite que toi. J'aurais été 2e place au moment d'écrire.

Le joueur finlandais Maraleisson a eu le même problème après la 2e étape, semble-t-il. Une pénalité de temps énorme, mais ses temps étaient encore assez bons.

Nice battle between us in australia dude ! See you next stage !

• Agree 1

The standings after Argentina:
image.thumb.png.042fb0195670ea1107b3ec1a8b9f84b0.png

Australia was... disappointing.
Got a flat tire at stage 2. Tried to change it, could've sworn I brought a spare... but seemingly I didn't. So I had to crawl through stage 3 AND 4 with one wheel on a rim, lost around 6 Minutes with all that.
Even more infuriating is the fact, that after the service, I found my rythm and pulled Top 5 times every stage. Overall could've been much better if it weren't for that flat.
Although, if I think about it, I'm actually quite happy I still managed to be in the midfield despite it all.

Unlucky you 😁

I did a lot better, good pace and 'only' one mistake when I took a tight corner to tight... the car fell on the roof what gave a penalty and about 30 sec loss. It just slowly went over without damage to the lights or the windscreen.

Well, my rage on monday was quite fast over. Still couldn't stop playing, despite trying to play other games. I stopped doing the daily, weekly and monthly community challenges and AI challenges, because it was just too much.

So I focus now on the club races and bit of career.

But well, I failed in Monaro - Australia heavily. It started with a huge crash at the beginning of the 2nd half of stage 1. From there on I did several smaller mistakes in stage 2 & 3 hitting the fences several times, just were out of flow. And at the end of stage 3 my car was so heavily damaged, that I barely made it through stage 4 with the car. I was so slow that I didn't needed to brake in the corners anymore 🤣

Couldn't repair much before stage 5 and the mistakes continued. Had another puncture in stage 7, so a minute on top at the end 🤣

I fear Greece really...chances I fall off a cliff is really high. I rarely finish clean here.

I hope I can get back into action in a few weeks time. Real life has been taxing lately.

This was about the best I can do. Two small mistakes only which costed 4-5 seconds. Happy oldtimer here 😀

It was a good day for driving.
First I experimented with setups for my next Guide Video. Realized how close I came and after some more dedicated tries, I achieved this nice feat:

After that, thinking I had a great form today, I started the DRC Greece Event. It went reasonably well, much better than Straya for sure. I had two resets and two rolls though, all minor damage, but it cost some time. And sure enough @Janneman60 already surpassed my time. But the Impreza felt very in control and a nice drive, definitely becoming my favorite in the 2000cc again.

Ah and here's the standing after Straya:

image.thumb.png.3c8d87895b1c3a931b49c8f3e8e0a5a7.png

On 9/28/2019 at 11:18 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

I fear Greece really...chances I fall off a cliff is really high. I rarely finish clean here.

Yeah, I failed again.

I had no self confidence in my skills on stage 1. First sector was quite good, but after that I had several mistakes hitting stones and falling almost off the cliff. 🤣

The car was already smoking at the end of stage 1, so I knew it was over again. I had some smaller mistakes in stage 2 and already much less power. Stage 3 I did a pretty clean run, but the engine was even worse.

Couldn't repair everything in the service area, so I had to deal with a still pretty broken car. The rest was "ok" so far, except a failed cut in stage 6 wich costed me 15 sec time penalty.

I didn't expected to be competitive here, because I'm pretty bad in Greece. At least it was much better than Australia, no punctures and only 1 time penalty. But it was really fun to drive. I love the Impreza (2001) and Greece is really challenging.

I found the time to do one round ☺️ Greece was fun, but had no time to fiddle with settings so ran with the Ford 07 with default settings which was a bit hard. Vr in rift s works great now at least 🙂 

Here are the standings after Greece:

image.thumb.png.6a67f10c7a664bd06cac42709db9ea56.png

Joining only in event 3,  @jnco89 seems to do a quick rise upwards.

Left the road on ss2 which was a minute. But I wasn't fast enough in this rally anyway. Noticed this before, I like Spain but somehow don't have the speed there 😩

Life is cruel!!!!  Stage 1 Germany and 5 seconds into it and BOOM blackout (power failure). 5 min wait and log back in expecting car to be wrapped around a tree. DNF.. played rest of stages and a few greens (even first tyre punture for all countries). Hopefully dig up a couple points. Ohh well

@Syxxtnyn that is very unlucky. See it as an engine failure out of the blue.

On forehand I thought it would not be possible to beat jnco and his fast Citroen on the German stages. But I drove my best German rally ever and did it! 

6 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

@Syxxtnyn that is very unlucky. See it as an engine failure out of the blue.

On forehand I thought it would not be possible to beat jnco and his fast Citroen on the German stages. But I drove my best German rally ever and did it! 

Good run mate I proper rammed a tree lost wheel. Enoying this championship battle lets keep it going!

I was quite surprised to be on pace for the first leg of Germany, but then came the rain. Lost some on ss4 just from not being used to run wets on dry tarmac. But then the two rain stages... Rain in vr is not nice, to say the least. It's fairly ok on the front window, but the side windows are almost impossible to see anything out of, and you really need that on hairpins in vr... I pretty much had to guess where the stones on the inside were. Add to that a random reset in a cut where it appears cm has added a reset zone. 

Oh well, positive that I had some pace at least 🙂 

I managed to have such big accident in training it said terminal damage. Back in service it was not possible to repair everything.

This was a problem because now the car was slower and also my confidence was not high. Needless to say it was a bad result also 😢

Current Standings:
image.thumb.png.ab08e2e242af33444d33a97abd341fb9.png

Spain & Deutschland went reasonably smooth, both with a podium finish. Poland was total disaster with a terminal crash in stage 4, ramming into a wooden pole...

Now France went actually surprisingly smooth. If it will be enough to catch anything up, or even be good at all, I'll have to see, leaderboard is still pretty empty there.

Ribadelles - Spain:

Was quite good overall, but had some bigger mistakes in stage 1 & 6, so was a quite close battle with SkyRex, but I lost it. Had no chance against the 2 C4s in the default Impreza (2001), I still don't use any tuning-setups.

Baumholder - Germany:

I have to say, at that time I had absolutely no interest in playing this game for the first time. After I stopped playing community challenges and AI challenges, I also stopped playing career, time trial and other club championships. Only DRChampionship left. And I was close to stop playing this game at all. These graphical problems in rainy/wet conditions in spain and germany seem to got more often (black flickering for splits of a second) and look terrible.

So I was pretty bored and not very focused. I'm pretty sure I didn't had a single clean sector in the entire rally. I had some really bad and st**id mistakes on the way. Was pretty sure, I would stop playing the game at all.

Leczna County - Poland:

My motivation was better here and I was quite good until I misjudged a corner, clipped a hay bale and crashed on the other side...puncture. Tried to finish the stage to safe time...another big crash with a big time penalty this time. Lost around 2 minutes in stage 2 alone. Had a pretty damaged car for the rest of the rally. Could have been really good, was quite fast, but lost a bit motivation after the first big crash and did st**id mistakes again.

Monte Carlo - Monaco:

Was really good I think. I had 2 90° spins pretty close to each other in the middle of stage 3. The car behaved...strange. Like an RWD with heavy oversteer. But except of that, it was big fun.

@SkyRex

I have to protest here.

There is at least one driver, who competes regularly but changes his car pretty much in every rally.

Just saying...rules are rules.

22 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I have to protest here.

There is at least one driver, who competes regularly but changes his car pretty much in every rally.

Just saying...rules are rules.

The sporting committee acknowledges the protest and has started investigation.

I would like to Kick Steam Name "Sander Moks", but don't know the corresponding forum username yet... He displays a complete disregard for the one car rule and has been using several different vehicles. @RFSander

@virginijus.m (Steam name) @virgism
Last and only Warning. You started with the Impreza '01. You have to take the Impreza '01 back in USA and for the rest of the season, otherwise this will result in disqualification.

@snakegt40 (Steam name) @Tunasnake
Last and only Warning. You started with the C4. You have to take the C4 back in USA and for the rest of the season, otherwise this will result in disqualification.

@PJTierney Feature request: Somehow being able to see which Racenet-Name (Chapionships and Website) belongs to which Platform-Name (Leaderboards and Stage Results) and vice versa. Currently there is no way of correlating one to the other, especially if it isn't obvious by naming itself.

EDIT: Figured out the names by aligning the points from the Championship standing with the actual stage result positions

EDIT2: USA went meh overall. Too many mistakes and no proper rythm... After Poland now this... Seems my Subarus Fast-Setup needs a lot more refinement.

Edited by SkyRex
  • Agree 3

13 hours ago, SkyRex said:

EDIT2: Les USA sont allés meh globalement. Trop d'erreurs et pas de rythme approprié ... Après la Pologne, voici ... Il semble que ma Subarus Fast-Setup demande encore plus de raffinement.

Just 4 seconds between us this time, that was really closed , Nice run dude ! 

I crashed my car in the second stage and no light and a broken engine for the thrid stage....i will do my best for the rest ...