DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Grrr, doing fairly well hanging in 6th throughout, then royally messed up on SS6 by clipping some spectators on a hairpin (I swear I didn't actually touch them...) followed by hitting a sign a few corners later and getting a puncture. Dropped to 8th, pulled out a great run on the last stage... and still finished 8th. About 1.5 secs behind 6th. :D Ah well, still set two PBs, so I'm happy! And I'll be even happier if I end up with points ;)

I don't understand most people here:

>Oh darn I did so bad I crashed into things for the whole rally and my setup was rubbish. Such a bad rally...
>*gets podium place*
Ahahah it's the same thing here.
If i get minutes from one that crashes, what if he doesn't crash? Hours?

But maybe is the game itself that doesn't penalize the right amount of time for a crash.
Sometimes you lose more time to return to path than going straight out and get 15"

This was actually a good one, although the result doesn't show it.

I started out too hesitant in the first two stages, then tried to attack and hit a nice little hinkelstein near the end of the third stage. Ripped off the front right wheel and made all kind of damage to the rest of the car. Thought about quitting, but ended the stage, 38 seconds out of tenth place.

After service, with a still very banged up car, I just tried to go as fast as possible. After the last stage, I finished 35 seconds out of tenth. Some sort of moral victory, at least.

I have two questions for you:

1.Has anybody a clue if the career engineers are now activated or not?! I activated them during the league setup , but dirtgame.com shows them as disabled. And I have no experience with the default league engineers, so I can't judge if it works or not ?!

2. Is anybody here talented in the editing and creation of graphics and pictures? If so, would you have fun in designing a more beautiful Winner-Badge , with included username of the champion?  I just used gimp to create the OP graphics and although I quite like the clean DRC logo in WRC-style, I'm not so happy with my result for the champion-badge. 

I have a third point, but that deserves a seperate post:
 |
\/

I've setup a new event, as you can see on dirtgame.com
First of all it's a filler event to push the starting date of  season two onto a monday. Therefor every season will start on a monday (21 days) and aligns with the weeks. 

But I will also setup every season with 7 events from now on. The first 6 will be the DRC-season, which ends with event 6. The points of event 7 will have no influence on the end result, and event 7 is purely optional. It will fill up the 3 days of weekend between the seasons, so if someone wants to drive they have the chance to do so. 

Event Nr. 7 will look pretty similar to the follow up event I just created.  
Every Motorsport has that one very legendary event (24h Le Mans, 24h Nordschleife, Isle of Man TT, Rally Dakar, Safari Rally, Pikes Peak) 
And I thought it'd be nice to have our own legendary DiRT Rally event. 
Specifications:
One Rally, fastest overall time wins.  24 Stages total, ca. 270 stage-km
including all long stages in the game. Only 3 service parks, seperating the different tyre-setups:
Service Park - SS1-SS8 (monaco-germany) - Service Park - SS9-SS12 (sweden) - Service Park - SS13-SS24 (fin-wal-gre)
During this event you should always remember: To finish first, you first have to finish!
It's the ultimate endurance test for your concentration and your car, and safe driving might be more rewarding than always pushing to the limit, risking potentially critical damage. 
As the legendary event this is a fully open competition. Event 7 will have no car restrictions whatsoever, drive the car you feel most comfortable with. I'm still in search for a fitting name, once found there is also the option to create a similar winner-badge soley for the event 7, showing your endurance skills and ressourcful driving (high revs will lead to engine warning sooner or later) 
My idea so far would be: The DiRT 270km Trophy - but I'm searching for a better title

So, again this will be purely optional and not related to DRC-season-results. The first 'trophy-event' will be the filler season starting on monday and latsing for a week to test the idea

SkyRex said:
I've setup a new event, as you can see on dirtgame.com
First of all it's a filler event to push the starting date of  season two onto a monday. Therefor every season will start on a monday (21 days) and aligns with the weeks. 

But I will also setup every season with 7 events from now on. The first 6 will be the DRC-season, which ends with event 6. The points of event 7 will have no influence on the end result, and event 7 is purely optional. It will fill up the 3 days of weekend between the seasons, so if someone wants to drive they have the chance to do so. 

Event Nr. 7 will look pretty similar to the follow up event I just created.  
Every Motorsport has that one very legendary event (24h Le Mans, 24h Nordschleife, Isle of Man TT, Rally Dakar, Safari Rally, Pikes Peak) 
And I thought it'd be nice to have our own legendary DiRT Rally event. 
Specifications:
One Rally, fastest overall time wins.  24 Stages total, ca. 270 stage-km
including all long stages in the game. Only 3 service parks, seperating the different tyre-setups:
Service Park - SS1-SS8 (monaco-germany) - Service Park - SS9-SS12 (sweden) - Service Park - SS13-SS24 (fin-wal-gre)
During this event you should always remember: To finish first, you first have to finish!
It's the ultimate endurance test for your concentration and your car, and safe driving might be more rewarding than always pushing to the limit, risking potentially critical damage. 
As the legendary event this is a fully open competition. Event 7 will have no car restrictions whatsoever, drive the car you feel most comfortable with. I'm still in search for a fitting name, once found there is also the option to create a similar winner-badge soley for the event 7, showing your endurance skills and ressourcful driving (high revs will lead to engine warning sooner or later) 
My idea so far would be: The DiRT 270km Trophy - but I'm searching for a better title

So, again this will be purely optional and not related to DRC-season-results. The first 'trophy-event' will be the filler season starting on monday and latsing for a week to test the idea
Call it the DRClusterfuck!

I'll bring my trusty old Delta integrale for the endurance run, controllable and slow. 

First a big thanks for the league!

Started with germany in the subaru and had a clean run with only two mistakes which were both saved by bushes (...).
6. overall at the moment - realy liked the (except last) only long stages setup.

Meh... Wales was very very bad.  The only really clean stage was SS7 , apart from that I found no rythm whatsoever

Ahh Wales my favorite location. Started strong with the time  5.43 on ss1. While watching the scoreboard my pc crashed.... Soo again ss1 with 5.47 time, sigh.. Made a barrel roll and run over a spectator on ss2 and lost 20 sec and destroyed my car. After that got a good rhythm and drove to the finish with decent time. :) Must say it was a best league i have ever played so thanks for that! :) And even if i moan everytime does not mean im not enjoy driving ;)

Amazing what an effect confidence can have. Everything was going swimmingly until the start of SS5 when I drove straight off the road trying to turn on my wipers for the first water splash... yeah. But let's not talk about that, other than to say it was very silly and things fell apart after that. ;)

Thanks @SkyRex for setting up this league, I've had a blast so far! Totally agreed with @RinusRally - this feels like proper rallying  :) Roll on the next season!

Too many crashes since start. Everything stuttering. Got angry and retired. Better if I uninstall this game. Doesn't work properly on my pc.

Retired on the first stage. Got a huge roll and double punctures and just wasn't ready to endure all the shit that awaited. Oh well, six points scored at least.

Retired after the first stage.  There seem to be a few new competitors for this one so couldn't be arsed continuing

Rally fans unfortunately know how disastrous having a cold/the flu whilst driving a rally car can be.

Stage 1 of the Welsh and I lose a minute due to going off the road twice, and having a small roll later in the stage. No real damage, but one of the offs cost me a lot of time after going down a bank early on. 

This is gonna be a tough rally for me. I better get the non-drowsy cold medicine out! 

***EDIT: 

Well, after an awful first half of the rally, eventually accumulating too much damage, I managed to claw my way back into 9th place for some valuable points :] considering I missed the Finnish rally. 

Man, driving with a cold is difficult! 

I've started to get a real hatred going for the impreza 2001. I just can't get any feel for it. Everything can go silky smooth, no worries, nice lines, that tree looks like a cozy place to plant my face. I constantly feel like I have no real feeling of when I drive at the limit, it's a sunday drive that goes way faster than I think it does and then all of a sudden it just snaps and kills me.

Podium results of the first DRC Season:
1. CrazyNevada
2. dea
3. SkyRex

Congrats to CrazyNevada, you are the first DRC champion ever. 
I will make your badge as soon as I have the time.

Now the legendary Event (name pending) has just started and will last for a full week. Good luck everybody!
I'm thinking of creating a survivor badge, which everybody will be alowed to wear in their signature IF they can finish the legendary event.
(Is there a bulletproof way to differentiate between a real finished time and a time where just some minitues got added due to the player retiring??)