DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

A noob question, as I don't have much experience with R5. Do the soft tires last for three long stages in a row?

1 hour ago, AadHofman said:

A noob question, as I don't have much experience with R5. Do the soft tires last for three long stages in a row?

Very often do, yes. My video some posts back serves as proof that the tires, if not roughed up, do 3 tarmac longs with little issues, though i was tired as hell that day so i might not remember now if they felt off on stage 3 and 6.

Finland went as Finland often does.

SS1-3 went OK, felt fairly confident so I wanted to push a slight bit more on SS4. Bad, bad, bad idea. Went quite OK, until I slightly touched a bank and spun. Which of course gave me a puncture aswell. *sigh*

Oh well, not too much lost, let's keep it going.

SS5 is night stage. My lights were apparently broken on the previous stage. FML. SS6 is a a night stage aswell. 

So.. yeah. If I get a top 10 finish I'd be surprised.

"Part Failure - Wheels"

Wait, WHAT? So SS2 i got an unlucky puncture from a tiny bump on the exit of 'left 5 over crest' (or something) and was like "Eh, i am midstage, i dont see a reason to stop".

But then i slow crashed after i slid out on another exit and ... it was terminal?? I wasn't even in fifth gear... Lesson learned, take 2 spare wheels for Finland instead.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snaky115 said:

"Part Failure - Wheels"

Wait, WHAT? So SS2 i got an unlucky puncture from a tiny bump on the exit of 'left 5 over crest' (or something) and was like "Eh, i am midstage, i dont see a reason to stop".

But then i slow crashed after i slid out on another exit and ... it was terminal?? I wasn't even in fifth gear... Lesson learned, take 2 spare wheels for Finland instead.

I got terminal damage from smashing a sign in USA the other day. Sometimes it's just not happening 😕

Ss1 was ok. Ss2 I had a enormous crashm must have turned over at least 10 times. The car survived somehow. Lster on in the same stage I crashed into trees. Game over...

22 hours ago, AadHofman said:

For me, it doesn’t. I guess it depends on the driving style.

For me, so far so good. I share my ps4 with my bros, so i had to go back to the menu in the service. I hope to finish it today.

Edited by nachosimonetta

Finland went ok I guess, I started to lose grip along the way so I had a couple of spins. Can’t believe I didn’t puncture at one time I slid into a rock so I was very lucky 🙂

Considering it is my arch enemy finland, it went reasonable well.
Only had one puncture along the way, because of course I had. But I had actually ZERO rolls, which I think is a first for me for a full Finnish league event. Coming in at Pos 7 on the board, which should yield some points.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:49 PM, MongoJon [VR] said:

Finland went ok I guess, I started to lose grip along the way so I had a couple of spins. Can’t believe I didn’t puncture at one time I slid into a rock so I was very lucky 🙂

What tires did you use? Mediums? 

Well, that was painful, and some lessons were learned. FPS-problems in S1. Has happened once before with a night stage, but no clue what causes it. Defo affected my driving.

Silly crash on S2. One of those were the car slides off-throttle, and instead of doing something I waited it out (ie. I froze). The slide ended in a tree. Tried to push for the time lost, but then hit a rock on a 4 left corner, where the co-driver nonchalantly says "caution", but doesn't mention the rocks outside. There's a similar corner with a similar note earlier, where there is absolutely no reason for "caution"... Man, I hate bad notes. Almost totalled my car, but no punctures. 

Engine pretty much gave up on S3, which wasn't nice. In the next service I chose "recommended repairs" without a thought. To my surprise they didn't touch the engine at all! So it was a sight-seeing ride with a stuttering mess of an engine till the next service. H1 class would have been faster. Still I managed to hit the very same rock I did with a faster car earlier, almost totalling the car again, but now with punctures.

In the last service I was so determined to fix the engine, that I forgot to repair anything else! And yet the 26 mins used were not enough to to fix the engine completely, so it ended in a slightly faster sight-seeing session, in the rain. But I didn't crash anymore!

Edited by AadHofman

7 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

So now I understand this time difference 😉

Well, in Finland it does not matter that much in my opinion, it's mostly flat out on wide roads. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Slow and steady in Spain, aiming for consistency rather than stage wins. Somehow managed to keep up with @Janneman60, and I guess he did a mistake on SS6 where he lost 30 seconds on me all of a sudden. Very few mistakes, but could've pushed a lot more. So hoping for a top 5 finish at least 🙂 

3 hours ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Well, in Finland it does not matter that much in my opinion, it's mostly flat out on wide roads. 

So it is impossible for me to go so fast 😅

1 hour ago, Dytut said:

Slow and steady in Spain, aiming for consistency rather than stage wins. Somehow managed to keep up with @Janneman60, and I guess he did a mistake on SS6 where he lost 30 seconds on me all of a sudden. Very few mistakes, but could've pushed a lot more. So hoping for a top 5 finish at least 🙂 

Yes, mistake and reset-to-track. But still not fast enough with a R5 car.

As expected Spain terminal crash, lost focus and missed a big braking point before what seemed a left 2 in terms of tightness, right into a tree. 😅

Spain is nasty difficult when i can't see the problematic tarmac sliding due to inside cam, let alone with dark/night/night stages as starting sequence.

26 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Yes they do. But stage 5 is wet so better take wet tires for stages 4-5-6. And fod ss7 is also wet.

Thanks, I will have a look 😉

Yeah, I officially s_uck at asphalt. Didn't help that I've got a 27+8 second penalty either. And I'm really not sure that to choose wet tires for stage 4,5 and 6 was the best thing to do. There was absolutely no grip left at SS6. Oh well, I'm glad I was able to finish the race at all 🙂 Spain and Monte is really not my thing.

9 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Snoopy43 flat out smoked us. Very good pace.

Thanks. It went quite okay but I made a big mistake on SS3 at the beginning of the stage braking too late and went off. Around 10 seconds lost I think. Besides that it was clean run. And it was better to go with soft tires than wets.