DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Very mediocre Spain performance...

But, I am very happy to see the Club having so much attendance for this first Full Calendar Season, very nice:)

38 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Did you use softs on last stage

No, last stage with wets. But the mixed 4/5/6 were softs. 

32 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Very mediocre Spain performance...

But, I am very happy to see the Club having so much attendance for this first Full Calendar Season, very nice:)

We gotta alot of racing left bro and also just wanna say this is one of the best league stage lengths and proper services. Greatly appreciate the work done mate!

1 hour ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Yeah, I officially s_uck at asphalt. Didn't help that I've got a 27+8 second penalty either. And I'm really not sure that to choose wet tires for stage 4,5 and 6 was the best thing to do. There was absolutely no grip left at SS6. Oh well, I'm glad I was able to finish the race at all 🙂 Spain and Monte is really not my thing.

Well, you lose about 10 seconds with the wet tires on the dry stages, but you win almost a minute compared to drivers with slick tires on a wet stage...

15 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Well, you lose about 10 seconds with the wet tires on the dry stages, but you win almost a minute compared to drivers with slick tires on a wet stage...

Yeah, that may be correct. But I don't have the skills in Spain to pull that kind of gap. Only took 7 seconds on Snoopy. As I understand he was driving on dry/soft tires.

1 minute ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Yeah, that may be correct. But I don't have the skills in Spain to pull that kind of gap. Only took 7 seconds on Snoopy. As I understand he was driving on dry/soft tires.

Yes. I was using softs and I don’t think that it is possible to gain more than +/- 10 seconds on wet stage with wet tires. You just need to be very gentle and neat with slicks on wet tarmac and in the really fast sections there is not so much difference. Twisty stuff is a bit more complicated. But you gain more time on two dry stages with slicks than in one stage with wets and then on the last stage you really struggle to get any grip from destroyed tires.

Effing heck. US stages went fine (slowish but steady) until the last stage, where my VR just froze.  Apparently got no recorded time for it. I wish there was a way to redrive it, but hey ho.  

• Sad 1

I finished USA. It is not really my favourite rally so I struggled a lot. On SS2 I hit a tree and spun. My car was not straight anymore but it was driveable. The biggest disaster came in SS6 where I landed on my roof... So 20 seconds penalty, tried to push on the rest of the stage but caught only 4 seconds. And on the last stage I pushed a lot and probably too much with some mistakes. Generally it was quite good but mistake on SS6 destroyed everything 😉

USA done, but I just can't seem to find pace there. On the other hand, no big crashes since I go so slow. Surprisingly high up on the leaderboard for such a sedate run. 

I ... went terminal on the bridge 1 minute in on the 1st USA stage... Why did i pick this Peugeot. 😅

It seems I could have been 2nd with Skoda, without the game crashing on the last stage. That's encouraging. 

3 hours ago, Snaky115 said:

I ... went terminal on the bridge 1 minute in on the 1st USA stage... Why did i pick this Peugeot. 😅

Is that the "right 4..... tightens into" *smacks into the bridge*?

1 hour ago, Dytut said:

Is that the "right 4..... tightens into" *smacks into the bridge*?

Yes, relatively weird notes like Right 4 Tightens into left 3 narrow over bridge? Rushed a bit since i saw its only 2 hours left so rushing+left Peugeot pillar blocking my usual braking marker means slide wide into a very surprising retirement. Don't pick french, folks! O_o Tbh this car just lacked any confidence in the trial runs so about expected type of ending.

So now it turn for the worst rally in this game... I think I will just skip it to save my nerves 😉

3 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

So now it turn for the worst rally in this game... I think I will just skip it to save my nerves 😉

Sweden is definately my favourite 🙂 Just drove it, went very well I think. Only a couple of small spins but nothing major.

Just did Sweden. Knew I wouldn't have a chance against @MongoJon [VR], but was heartbreaking to see how much behind I was. Did the first round on pretty much vanilla settings, and lost a bit by 5th being way too short.

Lengthened the gears a bit for second pass, but could've gone a bit further. Did start to get somewhat of a feel for the car in SS6, but by then it was way too late. Need to have a looooot more commitment than I drive with to even get close to Jon's times 🙂 

No confidence - tentative run. Had to adjust gamma twice mid-stage because of white washout, lol. No incidents though, which was nice. 

Well that was frustrating... I was actually defending 3rd position, when I did a terminal crash on the night stage. Hitting a Bridge Wall with 175kmh is quite severe it turns out...

Though I did pull a very fast Hamra stage with 5:51:something, but still losing ground to @MongoJon [VR] at that stage... I think the champion will be easy to predict if he continues to drive every rally.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, Snoopy43 said:

What are you talking about, Finland is already over?

Seriously Sweden is one of my favorites to drive, especially in DR2 with better physics and more white snow and less dirt. Together with France I think it's the best remastered DR1 rally. If I'd have to rank all Rallies, in terms of enjoying to drive them, this would be:

1. AUS, NZL

2. SWE, POL

3. GRE

4. FRA, USA, ARG

5. GER, ESP, WLS, FIN

27 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Though I did pull a very fast Hamra stage with 5:51:something, but still losing ground to @MongoJon [VR] at that stage... I think the champion will be easy to predict if he continues to drive every rally.

You can relax @SkyRex, I’m pretty sure I’m NOT going to win them all 😄 There are some countries I just can’t get the hang of at all.. yet..

I tried to do Sweden but it still remains most disliked event for me 🙂 However without this whiteout conditions it was quite okay to see something. Puncture in SS2, then in other stages I had two spins and on the last one I forgot to darken my screen before the start and struggled to see, got distracted, went off the road and switched off the game :classic_biggrin: 

For the next two weeks I am out of home so unfortunately I can not compete with you. 

Greetings!

I found this championship via SkyRex's awesome setup guides.  This is the first club I've done more than one event on so far and I'm loving it.  I'm still a bit intimidated by some of the drivers here, but it's really nice to compete in a smaller group.  Cheers!

• Like 2

Well Monte was complete and utter failure. 

Put on winter tyres, changed my setup to one I had done on a daily, and set off. SS1 felt OK, sloppy but good for being me. SS2 went quite allright, until I overcommited a bit, touched the rockside and spun.... and punctured my rear right. Figured it was about 1/3 of the stage left, so ran with the puncture. Was going to gun it in SS3, but when I started I still had only the rim on the rear right.... Oh ****, I had loaded my setup _after_ I had set up my tyres, which means I had 0 spares in there since the setup had 0. 

Figured I'd complete anyways, but running the whole SS3 with 3 wheels wasn't the most fun I've ever had 😉

Managed to puncture again on SS5, but then I just put the spare on straight away.