DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Went reasonably well with about three spins. 

I wonder how the icy sections feel with a well tuned Accuforce? With T300 there's almost nothing, unless you ramp up the forces, but then dry sections feel awful (clipping).

Monte was a disaster for me, but I expected worse because I'm awful at it.  I actually did pretty well until SS6 where I punctured my left rear just bumping one of the parked cars.  I thought I was further into the stage than I was and tried to finish on 3 wheels, but that was a huge mistake.  I must not be the only one having a bad day because I was in first even after all of that.

49 minutes ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Got off with a terrible start, puncture early on SS1. Somehow I managed to climb my way to the top in the end.. 

You mean by driving the fastest time for every other stage?

13 minutes ago, AadHofman said:

You mean by driving the fastest time for every other stage?

Hehe, yes. But I was not expecting to make it because I was so far behind. And I really hate Monte, specially in DR2. In DR1 there was at least some grip in the snow/ice parts. Personally I don't care if the level of grip in DR2 is supposed to be like this IRL, it's no fun at all. The dry parts is kind of ok.

• Agree 2

Monte is my worst location as well.  Something about it antagonizes all of my worst habits and makes me super cautious in areas where I need to be fast, and yet I still underestimate my speed in places where I need to chill out.  It's rare I finish a Monte rally with all 4 wheels attached at all times.

This was a short one. Good start and fastest in sector 1. Puncture in sector 2 and then puncture in sector 3. End of rally...

Well, at least I finished his time. Still maybe a minute lost because the Polo has the habbit of for no reason let the back step out and send me in a spin. Strange car this R5, tested some orhers they don't have that.

First run in a looong time driving without VR !! That was very unaccustomed to say the least. Reason for doing so; I'm attending finals in a competition where I'm probably not allowed to use VR. So I have only a few days to get used to driving on a pancake screen 😞 That's tough !

Well was going ok then when into the forest and had a flat on another stage mongojon was just too fast. I wondered what assists your using mongojon?

3 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Well was going ok then when into the forest and had a flat on another stage mongojon was just too fast. I wondered what assists your using mongojon?

The only assist I use is "Automatic Windscreen Vipers". Everything else makes you slower..

Btw; I did not qualify in world series, I'm attending a different competition.

1 hour ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

The only assist I use is "Automatic Windscreen Vipers". Everything else makes you slower..

Btw; I did not qualify in world series, I'm attending a different competition.

I see well again great driving sir 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, Freddygore said:

I wasnt too bad this time. Hope the same for the next stage !

As long as I am faster than you, I'm happy :)

pietpeuk

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PaulTje said:

Tant que je suis plus rapide que toi, je suis content 🙂

pietpeuk

We will see at the end of the championship ! 😉

On 12/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, MongoJon [VR] said:

First run in a looong time driving without VR !! That was very unaccustomed to say the least. Reason for doing so; I'm attending finals in a competition where I'm probably not allowed to use VR. So I have only a few days to get used to driving on a pancake screen 😞 That's tough !

So now you are MongoJon(Pancake) 😃

On 12/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Janneman60 said:

So now you are MongoJon(Pancake) 😃

And you will be Janneman(poffertje)

Well was going well until stage 4 had a flat from there till stage 6 couldnt get those 13 seconds back from baunau on last stage

That went about as well as I could ever hope for.

New Zealand must be the only location where track degradation makes me FASTER.   Those deep ruts in the insides of tight corners makes that VW into a slot car.

Edited by ApexAzimuth