Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

    • Yes
      45
    • No
      25


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ApexAzimuth said:

That went about as well as I could ever hope for.

New Zealand must be the only location where track degradation makes me FASTER.   Those deep ruts in the insides of tight corners makes that VW into a slot car.

Good run Apex wish I wouldn't had pushed so hard could've made it alot easier on myself but I anticipated mongojon would be running flat out havent seen him yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was first on the road in australia. Felt like a decent run, no big mistakes but every time I pushed it felt like I was close to an accident. SS3 was kind of bad, made a lot of small errors in the tight sections there. Will most likely be beaten by 20 seconds on every stage as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 5:52 AM, jnco89 said:

Good run Apex wish I wouldn't had pushed so hard could've made it alot easier on myself but I anticipated mongojon would be running flat out havent seen him yet

Ah, unfortunately I forgot the whole thing 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dytut said:

What's up with SS2? Everyone DNF:s 🏴

Good run Dytut consistent pace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you all ever feel like your rally skills suddenly 'level up' some days and everything feels alot easier than the last time?  Not just your typical improvement of skills, but a drastic increase in confidence and pace over just a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jnco89 said:

Good run Dytut consistent pace

Consistently 15-20 seconds slower on every stage, as usual 😛 Just can't find the confidence to push.

 

1 minute ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Do you all ever feel like your rally skills suddenly 'level up' some days and everything feels alot easier than the last time?  Not just your typical improvement of skills, but a drastic increase in confidence and pace over just a day.

Oh yes, plateauing is a thing 🙂 Feels like no progress, and all of a sudden you're way faster than before and it all feels quite easy. I had this in DR 1,  was slow as hell and then one day just suddenly started to be able to battle with the fast peeps like a lot of people in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Do you all ever feel like your rally skills suddenly 'level up' some days and everything feels alot easier than the last time?  Not just your typical improvement of skills, but a drastic increase in confidence and pace over just a day.

Yes I can relate also if you practice on a daily basis sometimes everything just works. Hey Apex I sent you a friend request theres a new event starting in another league that is team based on your country. If interested or know other American rally drivers on any console/pc I would be interested getting them on the team. This is against the top tier drivers which can sound intimidating or waste of time lol but never know what you might learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Yes I can relate also if you practice on a daily basis sometimes everything just works. Hey Apex I sent you a friend request theres a new event starting in another league that is team based on your country. If interested or know other American rally drivers on any console/pc I would be interested getting them on the team. This is against the top tier drivers which can sound intimidating or waste of time lol but never know what you might learn.

I'm definitely up for that!  Anything to show that we 'muricans love rally too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dytut said:

Consistently 15-20 seconds slower on every stage, as usual 😛 Just can't find the confidence to push. 

Keep the confidence up keep perfecting driving lines it's all about how much you wanna go faster. I know that might sound silly but the more you put in the more you get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ApexAzimuth said:

I'm definitely up for that!  Anything to show that we 'muricans love rally too!

Awesome yeah I sent you a email on this forum site with more info. Please consider it or others were really low on American drivers haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 7:47 PM, ApexAzimuth said:

Do you all ever feel like your rally skills suddenly 'level up' some days and everything feels alot easier than the last time?  Not just your typical improvement of skills, but a drastic increase in confidence and pace over just a day.

I didn't believe very much in this "suddenly leveling up", but in my attempts to stay ahead of Baunau (who screwed up one of the first tracks in Greece) I had to come up with something.
The trick was to step on it much sooner in the 2 and 3 corners, which made me 10 to 20 seconds faster on the long tracks in Greece than I have ever been (sorry Freddy :)) 
Maybe not exactly the same as what you meant, but it comes close.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greece was fun, as usual 🙂

Felt like a decent run, except that I had dialed in my settings wrong. Lost about 40-50 seconds in total on 4 spins when the back end suddenly just snapped out. Should've loosened the rear antiroll a bit and I think it would've stayed on track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was doing great in greece untill I completely blew it on stage 7 at the finish line.  Just slightly went off, then high centered on the edge and couldn't recover.   Was a fast stage too. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had good speed and (till now) by far the most green sectors. But this car keeps biting me and every stage I also had at least one spin.

By now I truly hate the Polo and sure this tournament is the last time I'll use it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I had good speed and (till now) by far the most green sectors. But this car keeps biting me and every stage I also had at least one spin.

By now I truly hate the Polo and sure this tournament is the last time I'll use it...

Oddly enough the Polo renewed my excitement for R5 because it has been clicking with me better than the others I've spent time with (Fiesta, Fabia).  I can't figure out exactly what it is I love about it, but I feel much more confident in it, as if I'm more aware of the track conditions when I'm using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Oddly enough the Polo renewed my excitement for R5 because it has been clicking with me better than the others I've spent time with (Fiesta, Fabia).  I can't figure out exactly what it is I love about it, but I feel much more confident in it, as if I'm more aware of the track conditions when I'm using it.

Yeah your setup seems to fit with your driving style. Once you get that right driving the car is great.

But somehow with the Polo there is no setup that fits for me. This leads to going of, leads to less confidence which leads to more problems. And in the end it is just frustrating and without fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Yeah your setup seems to fit with your driving style. Once you get that right driving the car is great.

But somehow with the Polo there is no setup that fits for me. This leads to going of, leads to less confidence which leads to more problems. And in the end it is just frustrating and without fun.

Yeah, setup is really huge. There's no one-setup fits all solution, just due to our personal preferences and learning styles. To be honest I didn't start fiddling with individual setups much until after I watched SkyRex's country setup guides and decided to really get into it. 

Even in Dirt Rally 1.0 I would just download popular setups from the likes of Porkhammer and such, so I never really dug into it.  I'm sure there are cars that I wrote-off as "Not my thing" because the setup I was using for them didn't fit my style.

What's helped me with the Polo more than anything I think is just stiffening the springs and the slow damper just a tad more than I think is enough, then increasing the ride height a little more any time I hit the bump stop more than a couple of times per stage.  Polo gets really unpredictable when its springs are fully compressed and is quick to snap into a spin.

I've also found that I drive R5 much more confidently after I drive RWD (H2 or H3) cars for an hour or so before.  Being forced to turn in so early for RWD cars and get the car pointed into the next section almost before you even get to the corner, makes R5 feel like a breeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was complicated for me this time, like in finland in the first stage after a beautiful out of the ring i lost one tire and all my lights, i did my best but it was not enough. We ll see next time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First loop of greece went well managed the tires starting off with rain I think made it easier than if it wouldve been at end of loop on worn rubber. Then stage 4...cut a bush there's the rock front end was pretty crunched and we knocked the toe out but managed the rest of loop. Sometimes you just gotta be lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive pace yet again @jnco89 🙂 And about lucky, yeah... Each of my spins could've easily ended with a puncture, or with a real off like @ApexAzimuth.  But as so many successful athletes say, the better you get the more luck you seem to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dytut said:

Impressive pace yet again @jnco89 🙂 And about lucky, yeah... Each of my spins could've easily ended with a puncture, or with a real off like @ApexAzimuth.  But as so many successful athletes say, the better you get the more luck you seem to have.

Very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Poland, what can I say? I think that and New Zealand has to be the stages I've driven the least. I had to drive safe, can't really push hard when I don't really know the stages that well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×