DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

We made it and went all out attack first loop! This rally requires lots of focus as tunnel vision can wear you out. Still missing other driver times...

1 hour ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Gave it all I could without having a death wish, but no way I could catch you, jnco89!  Very nice run.

Very good run apex got some impressive skills! We got a epic championship battle to settle with mongojon at the treacherous el condor next...

Wow. Poland. Spun on SS1, not too bad but lost a lot. Then on SS2 the front just flew into the bales at one of the bale chicanes. I have no idea how it happened, I had it turned in and was on the way out when the front just snapped left. Totalled the front and somehow also lost a wheel. Limped home, did the next stage... with three wheels (forgot to add an extra) and no lights. 

Retired on SS4 since I couldn't fully repair, was undriveable.

Tried Poland wirh my new wheel/pedals/shifter (christmas was early this time). The speed is not there yet, but worse was I hit a fence on ss2 with 180+ which was terminal damage.

So learning curve starts again 😀

34 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Tried Poland wirh my new wheel/pedals/shifter (christmas was early this time). The speed is not there yet, but worse was I hit a fence on ss2 with 180+ which was terminal damage.

So learning curve starts again 😀

What we rocking now if you dont mind me asking?

3 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

From worn out Logitech dfgt to Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel, T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter 😀

Nice I thought about upgrading my t300 to the ts-pc racer FFB pretty solid?

Btw I looked at results again looked like snoopy could've had this but he never goes after stage 3 I wonder what happened he was right there

10 hours ago, jnco89 said:

Btw I looked at results again looked like snoopy could've had this but he never goes after stage 3 I wonder what happened he was right there

Hi 🙂 

it was looking good but unfortunately in SS4 I had small roll and after that I tried to make up some time towards the finish but I hit a bump so hard that send my car out of line and I hit a tree 😞 it might be setup thing as I just jumped into the car and started the rally.

pace was good but still missing the final touch at the finish. Looking forward to Argentina though 🙂 

your speed was very impressive! What tires did you use? 

2 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Hi 🙂 

it was looking good but unfortunately in SS4 I had small roll and after that I tried to make up some time towards the finish but I hit a bump so hard that send my car out of line and I hit a tree 😞 it might be setup thing as I just jumped into the car and started the rally.

pace was good but still missing the final touch at the finish. Looking forward to Argentina though 🙂 

your speed was very impressive! What tires did you use? 

That's a shame you were flying! I used the softs. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, jnco89 said:

Nice I thought about upgrading my t300 to the ts-pc racer FFB pretty solid?

Compared to my dfgt it is very different and feels good. But I can't say something compared to your wheel.

At the moment I am not concentrating on FFB, but have a difficult time keeping cars on the road (and not being very succesful with that). 😀

46 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Compared to my dfgt it is very different and feels good. But I can't say something compared to your wheel.

At the moment I am not concentrating on FFB, but have a difficult time keeping cars on the road (and not being very succesful with that). 😀

You'll get it just some time patience and elbow grease😄 Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Agree 1

I've been using a T150 and I've been very happy with the wheel for rallying, but those pedals... So bad.   Not sure if I should just buy a T300 or replace those pedals and drive my T150 into the ground.

21 hours ago, ApexAzimuth said:

I've been using a T150 and I've been very happy with the wheel for rallying, but those pedals... So bad.   Not sure if I should just buy a T300 or replace those pedals and drive my T150 into the ground.

Apex if you do get the t3pa pedals I highly recommend the load cell kit for the brake you can find them multiple places I bought mine from ricmotech.com very cool guy great customer service hes out of florida. 

• Agree 1

I think they come with the pedals? I have a rubber stop for the brake with the set.

After trying the pedals for a while I couldn't get used to sitting not straight to use the brake pedal for left foot braking. Got pain in my left leg probably due to age and having a vertebra injure. So now I use the left pedal for braking (left flipper for clutch and right flipper for handbrake).

So I drove Argentina and except for 1 puncture it didn't go bad with increasing speed during the event.

Argentina was bad for me, been a long time since I pushed there and I actually felt som VR sickness. Punctures didn't do much to help either 😛

Fun season everyone! My goal was to try to find some speed again and win one stage on one rally, which I managed 😄 Going to be fun next season, hoping for some RWD action since I really need to get better at them.

@ApexAzimuth and @jnco89, good luck with your fight for the championship!

17 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

I think they come with the pedals? I have a rubber stop for the brake with the set.

After trying the pedals for a while I couldn't get used to sitting not straight to use the brake pedal for left foot braking. Got pain in my left leg probably due to age and having a vertebra injure. So now I use the left pedal for braking (left flipper for clutch and right flipper for handbrake).

So I drove Argentina and except for 1 puncture it didn't go bad with increasing speed during the event.

Yes I didn't like that brake mod it came with. This is a separate systemhttps://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm

13 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Yes I didn't like that brake mod it came with. This is a separate systemhttps://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm

I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the tip!  My brake is definitely a weakness since I have to rely entirely on muscle memory as the brake I'm using offers only a little more resistance than the throttle.

I'm feeling the pressure for Argentina tonight.   It's ominous that Argentina is the final location, as I've rolled off a cliff on the last stage of more than one monthly event here.  I never thought I'd be in a battle for a championship win, as I'd only hoped to finish middle-of-the-pack at best.   Now it's just about not psyching myself out! 
Good luck @jnco89!  It looks like @Snoopy43 and @MongoJon [VR] have set a good pace.

1 hour ago, ApexAzimuth said:

I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the tip!  My brake is definitely a weakness since I have to rely entirely on muscle memory as the brake I'm using offers only a little more resistance than the throttle.

I'm feeling the pressure for Argentina tonight.   It's ominous that Argentina is the final location, as I've rolled off a cliff on the last stage of more than one monthly event here.  I never thought I'd be in a battle for a championship win, as I'd only hoped to finish middle-of-the-pack at best.   Now it's just about not psyching myself out! 
Good luck @jnco89!  It looks like @Snoopy43 and @MongoJon [VR] have set a good pace.

Yeah buddy you've been impressive for sure! And yes they have set a high benchmark. Good luck and it's been a great championship!

We didnt push hard enough in stage 1 i lost 3 seconds prob in stage 2 mishearing pacenote and stage 3 we had half roll reset to track...i dont know how much time loss is reset i dont have any hud on. Will see what happens nerves got to me unfortunately. Snoopy is real fast too

Well I did my best, and I didn't crash, but Argentina just scares me and I've never managed to get a setup that feels right.  I know I didn't have a snowball's chance when @jnco89 was setting stage times 10 seconds faster than my own TT record.  

Great championship, everyone!  I'm really glad I got involved.  This was my first DR club championship and it's been awesome.  Can't wait for the next one!

10 hours ago, jnco89 said:

We didnt push hard enough in stage 1 i lost 3 seconds prob in stage 2 mishearing pacenote and stage 3 we had half roll reset to track...i dont know how much time loss is reset i dont have any hud on. Will see what happens nerves got to me unfortunately. Snoopy is real fast too

I tried my best but you were flying! Great pace, respect. I really like Argentina with those technical and tricky stages. It was nice fight though 🙂 

5 hours ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Well I did my best, and I didn't crash, but Argentina just scares me and I've never managed to get a setup that feels right.  I know I didn't have a snowball's chance when @jnco89 was setting stage times 10 seconds faster than my own TT record.  

Great championship, everyone!  I'm really glad I got involved.  This was my first DR club championship and it's been awesome.  Can't wait for the next one!

Great championship bro! Enjoyed the battles and watching the progression of everyone's talent. I do believe we were fortunate that mongojon and snoopy didn't run all the rallies as the final standings I believe would show different. Nevertheless we both pushed each other to new limits and I thank you for that!

5 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

I tried my best but you were flying! Great pace, respect. I really like Argentina with those technical and tricky stages. It was nice fight though 🙂 

Yes same here sir! This is my favorite location and yes if you are willing to push hard you can really make big time gaps. I knew after reading your post from last rally this may as well be your favorite and sure enough very fast pace! Hopefully will have more close battles in the future take care!

• Like 1