DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, Dytut said:

Argentina was bad for me, been a long time since I pushed there and I actually felt som VR sickness. Punctures didn't do much to help either 😛

Fun season everyone! My goal was to try to find some speed again and win one stage on one rally, which I managed 😄 Going to be fun next season, hoping for some RWD action since I really need to get better at them.

@ApexAzimuth and @jnco89, good luck with your fight for the championship!

Hey I also wanted to shout at I just realized your also in another league I run but if I get option for next car pick I'll ask about red for sure.

Finally wanna thank SkyRex for another amazing championship format! I also enjoyed your christmas tree pickup video for Christmas very entertaining! Happy New Year to everyone and take care were less than a month from new WRC season!

• Like 2

I wish you all a Happy new 2020 !

Here are the results from the Season:
image.thumb.png.4ac6f40a51e884d72f2d78ef2d1be077.png

Congrats to @jnco89 for claiming victory, you can pick next seasons vehicle class!

Runner up is @ApexAzimuth in a very close second, you may pick the calendar for next season !

@exerfit can pick the conditions of the first stage, also securing a podium position.

Next season will start. once everyone is sober again and the choices have been made.

Cheers

• Thanks 2

I decided to pick the H3 car class category. Mix it up a little bit:classic_cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Well, conditions should be optimal for speed, no track degradation and full daylight. (I'm exerfit (racenet name))

• Like 1

H3!  My favorite RWD class!

Lets give the WRC a tribute and do the WRC Calendar for the next round. 🏎️

• Like 1

I don't know how many of you carried an extra wheel last round, but I think it's much less of a 'choice' with H3 next.  It's surprising how well an R5 can limp on 3 wheels, but an H3 is completely done if one of the rears get a puncture.   
I still make a rule of always carrying an extra, even though I don't think I got a puncture once in the last championship, I'd still rather be safe than completely lose a rally because of a millisecond lapse of focus that causes a puncture.

Well, I'm so inconsistent in driving, especially with RWD cars, that I have no other choice to go with at least one spare 😅

I hope the next season starts soon, since I'm on fire playing the game again. Was away for around 2 months and now wanna race again.

Not good enough for the top guys, but I have a goal to reach!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some really great cars in H3 class, just a shame that some of them are a bit slow compared to others. Trying to decide if I should take a punt at one of the slower cars just for fun, or go with a "safer" pick.

@SkyRex: For Finland event please do not have any stages in daytime, since Codies just said it will remain broken. Sunset, dusk and night are ok

16 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Some really great cars in H3 class, just a shame that some of them are a bit slow compared to others. Trying to decide if I should take a punt at one of the slower cars just for fun, or go with a "safer" pick.

@SkyRex: For Finland event please do not have any stages in daytime, since Codies just said it will remain broken. Sunset, dusk and night are ok

I don't have problems with daytime in Finland? But for me the problem is heavy rain and no sight ( all locations).

Hmm, fastest H3 cars BMW and R5 turbo. And close to that the Sierra. But the Datsun gives the most fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I don't have problems with daytime in Finland? But for me the problem is heavy rain and no sight ( all locations).

Hmm, fastest H3 cars BMW and R5 turbo. And close to that the Sierra. But the Datsun gives the most fun.

@HoksuHoo I don't have problems with Finland (regarding your specific problem with daytime and too much fog), so i would prefer a good mix. Maybe it's a limitation problem with the lower power consoles we have a bit more fog in Finland and no rain. Just a thought. At least light rain would be cool.

@Janneman60 And the Stratos? I thought the Stratos would be the best car in H3 RWD together with BMW M3. The Renault 5 Turbo is fast, but very hard to drive in my opinion.

Unfortunately the Opel Ascona 400 is too uncompetitive in that class to be a good choice and the Renault 5 Turbo too hard to drive. So it's between the other 4 what I will use.

Probably BMW or Ford, not sure yet.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@HoksuHoo I don't have problems with Finland (regarding your specific problem with daytime and too much fog), so i would prefer a good mix. Maybe it's a limitation problem with the lower power consoles we have a bit more fog in Finland and no rain. Just a thought. At least light rain would be cool.

@Janneman60 And the Stratos? I thought the Stratos would be the best car in H3 RWD together with BMW M3. The Renault 5 Turbo is fast, but very hard to drive in my opinion.

Unfortunately the Opel Ascona 400 is too uncompetitive in that class to be a good choice and the Renault 5 Turbo too hard to drive. So it's between the other 4 what I will use.

Probably BMW or Ford, not sure yet.

Yeah forgot about the Stratos. I get claustofobic in it 😀

The R5 is indeed hard to master but the reward for doing it is in my opinion the fastest H3 car. The BMW and the Sierra are a bit saver choices. Though all these cars are a handfull.

I did Monte Carlo yesterday in H3 in our Polish Championship club. I went with Stratos as it seems to be the fastest over there. I don't have any experience with this car class as it was my second ever rally with rwd. So I wonder how fast Lancia is on gravel. But for Monte it felt really good, when I tried M3 it was a disaster for me. Feeling very heavy and not responding at all. 

20 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I don't have problems with daytime in Finland?

Yes you do.

9 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@HoksuHoo I don't have problems with Finland

You do have the awful fog effect there in daytime like everyone else. Guess it's subjective how much it affects your game experience, but many players do find it painful and completely un-enjoyable to play since it looks so terrible and you can't even see the road in some places, so it would be nice to not have it at all in clubs. It's kind of silly having to decide between skipping the whole event or suffering the daytime stages

Next Season is setup, starts tomorrow noon and runs till the end of february.

image.thumb.png.f5101e5e3cf88ccf150651694f6d2fd7.png

I will probably only participate on a select few rallies, as I have some other occupations at the moment. Good Luck to all now for the first Season of 2020!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Next Season is setup, starts tomorrow noon and runs till the end of february.

image.thumb.png.f5101e5e3cf88ccf150651694f6d2fd7.png

I will probably only participate on a select few rallies, as I have some other occupations at the moment. Good Luck to all now for the first Season of 2020!

Thank you for your work on the league @SkyRex, this is my favourite league 🙂 

• Agree 1

Yes as @Dytut said thanks for all the hard work setting up @SkyRex! I will also be taking a part time role in this championship but will pop in from time to time😉

17 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

You do have the awful fog effect there in daytime like everyone else. Guess it's subjective how much it affects your game experience, but many players do find it painful and completely un-enjoyable to play since it looks so terrible and you can't even see the road in some places, so it would be nice to not have it at all in clubs. It's kind of silly having to decide between skipping the whole event or suffering the daytime stages

Mate, you start to annoy me with that topic. I play on a X-Box One S, so it's probably "my" userbase, who holds the game back. Please don't hurt me.

I don't get why Codemasters seems to have the "everyone must have the exact same experience"-policy, wich makes no sense really. Probably marketing. But you have to deal with it. If they say no, then you have no choice to A) deal with it or B) to stop supporting Codemasters.

I did. I didn't bought GRiD at all, because they didn't fixed the game (DR 2.0) to a point, I would say "ok, that's good, I buy more from them". There are still too many things, that need to be fixed. Especially RaceNet. I hate that "service".

I just don't see the point to exclude daytime, just because you and a few others don't like the fog and try to get the whole forum on your side. If I had the choice, I would say, give the One X, PS4 Pro and PC users more options due to better hardware. I hope for a "upgraded" version of the game for the next gen consoles anyway and plan to buy the X...series X...err Xbox XS...whatever. Hopefully the game will perform better on that console.

@Topic: I will go with the BMW E30 M3 this season. It's my favourite in that class at the moment, so I use that. Could be interesting in Monaco, the Stratos seems to be stronger there.

• Like 1

I'm going to start on Monaco soon... but what car....

I've driven the Stratos a bit when the game came, and done a few runs with the BMW. Tried the Renault for a few dailies but not quite my cup of tea.

Think I'll go for the Sierra!

Well the Cossie was quite a handful on Monte, really hard to judge the turbo lagg 😛

I had three goals:

1. Reach the finish
2. Don't puncture
3. Don't have too many spins (hey, I'm realistic)

So I had a slow run through where I just tried to learn how to drive the car. Was fun, got some enjoyment out of it, and I think I managed to keep it down to just one spin per stage. Go ahead, blast my times now 🙂

8 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I just don't see the point to exclude daytime

The point is that then players don't have to suffer the horribly botched daytime. Or have to skip the event to avoid it. Maybe you shouldn't go on such long rants about whatever when you don't understand the point

Oh right, I'm starting to annoy you. Really tragic that you are starting to be annoyed that people dare to post about a rally location being broken on certain weather. So sad that posting about that hurts your feelings. Meanwhile I'm just overjoyed to post about it

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

The point is that then players don't have to suffer the horribly botched daytime. Or have to skip the event to avoid it. Maybe you shouldn't go on such long rants about whatever when you don't understand the point

Oh right, I'm starting to annoy you. Really tragic that you are starting to be annoyed that people dare to post about a rally location being broken on certain weather. So sad that posting about that hurts your feelings. Meanwhile I'm just overjoyed to post about it

In any case, why do you have problems with visibility and I don't?

Maybe some tweaks in your setting might help?

(I had fog problems earlier on with Sweden, after some changes in settings it was gone. When Finland arrived I didn't have those problems at all)

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

In any case, why do you have problems with visibility and I don't?

Maybe some tweaks in your setting might help?

(I had fog problems earlier on with Sweden, after some changes in settings it was gone. When Finland arrived I didn't have those problems at all)

Could I see some screenshots or gameplay footage of your game then? To show that you have no visibility problems. The kind of screenshots that show long straights and open areas, not the selective short-distance screenshots. You could also take a screenshot from this same spot and share so we can compare. Kailajärvi, daytime/overcast, a short distance from start after a left corner. Let's see how clear your game is.

20200111192456_1.thumb.jpg.bfb192d7d220568b793e6f30ebc98fb9.jpg

Of course if you want to explain which settings to change I'm all ears.

6 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Could I see some screenshots or gameplay footage of your game then? To show that you have no visibility problems. The kind of screenshots that show long straights and open areas, not the selective short-distance screenshots. You could also take a screenshot from this same spot and share so we can compare. Kailajärvi, daytime/overcast, a short distance from start after a left corner. Let's see how clear your game is.

20200111192456_1.thumb.jpg.bfb192d7d220568b793e6f30ebc98fb9.jpg

Of course if you want to explain which settings to change I'm all ears.

I personally just can't see how that can affect you. It's a bit foggy, but visibility is still pretty much the same. It's not like night stages where you see way too short.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dytut said:

I personally just can't see how that can affect you. It's a bit foggy, but visibility is still pretty much the same. It's not like night stages where you see way too short.

In some places you can barely see the road. And it's not just a question of visibility, thick fog like that on what should be clear weather with no fog at all is just so painful to look at and unrealistic it's not enjoyable to play.