Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Could I see some screenshots or gameplay footage of your game then? To show that you have no visibility problems. The kind of screenshots that show long straights and open areas, not the selective short-distance screenshots. You could also take a screenshot from this same spot and share so we can compare. Kailajärvi, daytime/overcast, a short distance from start after a left corner. Let's see how clear your game is.

20200111192456_1.thumb.jpg.bfb192d7d220568b793e6f30ebc98fb9.jpg

Of course if you want to explain which settings to change I'm all ears.

I use VR and with dirt rally 2 always have a stupid double vision on the screen and so on screenshots and videos. Can't find a way yet to prevent this which is a shame especially because now I can't share videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Could I see some screenshots or gameplay footage of your game then? To show that you have no visibility problems. The kind of screenshots that show long straights and open areas, not the selective short-distance screenshots. You could also take a screenshot from this same spot and share so we can compare. Kailajärvi, daytime/overcast, a short distance from start after a left corner. Let's see how clear your game is.

20200111192456_1.thumb.jpg.bfb192d7d220568b793e6f30ebc98fb9.jpg

Of course if you want to explain which settings to change I'm all ears.

This gap you see there, where there are no trees visible in the fog, with the sky above it and no bushes on the ground, that is the road. Just drive towards that?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow really, why didn't I think of that. I don't suppose there's much point trying to explain to you that the fog should not be there in the first place. Who cares of such details when you can drive towards the part where there are no trees visible in the fog. Thanks for the helpful post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

The point is that then players don't have to suffer the horribly botched daytime. Or have to skip the event to avoid it. Maybe you shouldn't go on such long rants about whatever when you don't understand the point

Oh right, I'm starting to annoy you. Really tragic that you are starting to be annoyed that people dare to post about a rally location being broken on certain weather. So sad that posting about that hurts your feelings. Meanwhile I'm just overjoyed to post about it

It seems you are one of those guys, who always be right, no matter what someone says, it doesn't matter really...right? You want it to be changed and there is no way around it.

I got your point. Everyone on that forum got it by now. Please stop now. Bug report in the respective thread and good.

(It will change nothing, you know it, I know it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, you seem to confuse me with someone else. I made a suggestion/question regarding the club, wasn't even looking to start an argument but for some reason people want to argue about things while claiming posting about it will change nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile i‘d like to announce that i will try to get my first full season in with you guys!

lets focus on having good competition, shall we? 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loeinc said:

Meanwhile i‘d like to announce that i will try to get my first full season in with you guys!

lets focus on having good competition, shall we? 😬

That's the spirit nice to see ya @Loeinc hope you enjoy the events @SkyRex is a great event organizer and dont worry about having competition plenty of talent in this group😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, im just trying to survive the stages. Not threatening anybody right now 😂 but it is definitly a lot of fun the way @SkyRex set this club up!

hardcore damage and long stages = fun

well done sir!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was probably the best Monte rally I've ever done (and by that I mean I left the mountain with all the parts I came with).  This is normally my worst location, followed by Germany and then Spain (I suck at tarmac).  It doesn't feel as awful with RWD cars for some reason, as counter-intuitive as that seems.

Very impressive speed, @Snoopy43!  How do you like the Stratos on Monte?  Seems to be one of its favorite rallies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After thinking about it I choose the R5 for this championship. Knowing the ice stages of Monte Carlo is not the best place with this snappy car with the on/off turbo power.

But stages 2,3 I was just a few seconds behind 'snoopy' and stages 4 and 6 I won by a few seconds.

Stages 1 and 5 (2 same stages) I lost 20 seconds each. I don't understand why since I made no mistakes on them. Somehow 'snoopy' is very fast on them or I am slower as on the other stages.

Stage 7 I desperately wanted to win... guess what, it ended with a crash, flat rear tyre and 30 seconds loss 😢

Better rally's will come for my tiny beast, it is going to be an interesting championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys!

I have not much experience with RWD and this Monte was my third ever rally with this class but it went quite okay I guess. I did no mistakes besides SS6 where I wanted to push even more and did two spins which calmed me down a bit for the rest of the rally 😅

@ApexAzimuth - Stratos was really good in Monte. I am worried about other rallies though. Sweden for sure will be the worst as I hate this rally. I can't stand when I see Sweden. So I am not sure yet if I will try to go there as this rally just makes me furious 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made many mistakes on many stages!  Haha.  I'm running at the highest difficulty in career and historic and I'm competitive, but I can't keep up with any of you guys!   🤨

I'm starting to feel frustrated that I just can't seem to find the key to unlock the next jump up in my skill level.  I'm not short on practice, and I have recently changed my wheel, but I can't use that as an excuse.  I know the philosophy of running through the stage slow, but even then there is an accident around the next corner just waiting to nail my radiator.

The Montee was my first club rally so fingers crossed that I might one day get inside 5 minutes down on the winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BluecatRally said:

I made many mistakes on many stages!  Haha.  I'm running at the highest difficulty in career and historic and I'm competitive, but I can't keep up with any of you guys!   🤨

I'm starting to feel frustrated that I just can't seem to find the key to unlock the next jump up in my skill level.  I'm not short on practice, and I have recently changed my wheel, but I can't use that as an excuse.  I know the philosophy of running through the stage slow, but even then there is an accident around the next corner just waiting to nail my radiator.

The Montee was my first club rally so fingers crossed that I might one day get inside 5 minutes down on the winner.

Welcome!  Last championship here was my first club as well, and I'm really glad I did it; Lots of great people here!  I think you'll enjoy it 😄

What worked for me is just driving many different types of cars and getting to where you're at least competitive with them.  Sometimes after driving a RWD car for a week, I go back to 4WD and find that I'm several seconds faster than my best without even trying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ApexAzimuth said:

Welcome!  Last championship here was my first club as well, and I'm really glad I did it; Lots of great people here!  I think you'll enjoy it 😄

What worked for me is just driving many different types of cars and getting to where you're at least competitive with them.  Sometimes after driving a RWD car for a week, I go back to 4WD and find that I'm several seconds faster than my best without even trying.

 

Thank you @ApexAzimuth

I'm a keen rally fan, but there has been a significant gap in my gaming history that I finally closed off last year (Colin McRae 2.0 before that).  I keep telling myself that it'll come and I keep practicing.  I do force myself to do the daily and weekly events, and like any true collector I had to get every rally car and have them all fully upgraded as another way to make me drive all cars.  I agree that RWD helps my heavy right foot which then translates positively when I go back to my trusty Polo, which is my most competitive car.

In fairness, I was perhaps a little more negative in my first post.  I wiped out my rad 1/3 of the way in to the first stage at Monte Carlo which is the mistakes I mentioned I keep making.  The Sierra is doing some miles at Sweden at the moment so if I can keep off the banks I'm hoping I will at least get a better idea of exactly how far off the pace I am.  It's very easy to be disheartened with the daily events until you look and see one name 20+ seconds clear of the field, which is why I joined the club.  I figure that at least I can be certain that all the times are honest.

I don't fully understand setups yet either.  I know what most settings do, and how they affect the car.  But I can't necessarily feel how 3 or 4 different settings that should make up the full recipe are working.   I could be making a total pig of the car for all I know.  Skyrex's vids are getting many plays recently to help.

See you in the snow later in the week!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sierra is quite a handful in monte, so don't worry too much about the pace there while learning the car 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

After thinking about it I choose the R5 for this championship. Knowing the ice stages of Monte Carlo is not the best place with this snappy car with the on/off turbo power.

But stages 2,3 I was just a few seconds behind 'snoopy' and stages 4 and 6 I won by a few seconds.

Stages 1 and 5 (2 same stages) I lost 20 seconds each. I don't understand why since I made no mistakes on them. Somehow 'snoopy' is very fast on them or I am slower as on the other stages.

Stage 7 I desperately wanted to win... guess what, it ended with a crash, flat rear tyre and 30 seconds loss 😢

Better rally's will come for my tiny beast, it is going to be an interesting championship.

Are those stages where you lost alot of time the long ones with most snow cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I ask I cant pull up the clubs site racenet must be having issues. But I would say this. First @Snoopy43 is a very fast driver seen him near top on many leaderboards however I've seen from past monte daily's weekly's etc. you can actually be very quick on time gaps on those long stages with the snow having assists on in particular traction control. Now people will say traction control will slow you down this is true but with winter tires on your gonna almost makeup for time loss on dry parts where softs are best and on the snow it will help with throttle control in the tight snowy bits especially with a rwd vehicle let alone the r5s etc. This is something to keep in mind. I'm not saying @Snoopy43 is doing this he would have to verify for ya but I've seen others do this and create those gaps. Take care guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost forgot wall riding too on the parts with no wooden fence can create time gaps here and definitely at Spain. Again I'm not accusing @Snoopy43 but this is another possibility for time gaps. Hope this helps! I'll try to make it out on the snow at Sweden with you guys been busy 

Edited by jnco89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

****. After first stage I'm 6 seconds ahead of Snoopy43, but now racenet is down and I'm not able to continue. If I leave or quit to menu now the progress will be lost !! Gawd damn !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah racenet server is hopeless again.

In this rally all first 6 stages are long so there is always snow or ice. And the stages were I lost it were uphill, downhill I had about the same speed as snoopy.

And I want to state that I lost time because I am to slow, not because snoopy is doing something strange or illegal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never even tried to go with assists, I just don't accept it. I want to make this game as realistic as it is possible. But I don't think that assists can make you faster in any way. 

I told you all before that Lancia is realyyyyy fast in Monte. And I did this rally in our Polish Club and was smashed by more than a minute to the fastest guys in our club. And rally was shorter than here 🙂If you know how to use those cars, practice a lot with them and also risk a lot you will be flying. If @MongoJon [VR] manages to finish, you will see how it can be driven properly 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snoopy43 said:

I have never even tried to go with assists, I just don't accept it. I want to make this game as realistic as it is possible. But I don't think that assists can make you faster in any way. 

I told you all before that Lancia is realyyyyy fast in Monte. And I did this rally in our Polish Club and was smashed by more than a minute to the fastest guys in our club. And rally was shorter than here 🙂If you know how to use those cars, practice a lot with them and also risk a lot you will be flying. If @MongoJon [VR] manages to finish, you will see how it can be driven properly 🙂

Assists is a no go for me also. Much better to drive without.

About the Lancia, it's way easier to drive (in Monte anyway) than the BMW. Tried the stage a couple of times with the BMW, did 8.14 at best and it was scary as hell to drive. Then I tried the Lancia for just half the stage and noticed immediately that it was better to drive. Managed 8.02 on the actual run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is now Racenet. If the servers isn't up within an hour I can probably not finish the rally. Too bad because I think I was onto something here.

Edited by MongoJon [VR]
typo
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MongoJon [VR] said:

Assists is a no go for me also. Much better to drive without.

About the Lancia, it's way easier to drive (in Monte anyway) than the BMW. Tried the stage a couple of times with the BMW, did 8.14 at best and it was scary as hell to drive. Then I tried the Lancia for just half the stage and noticed immediately that it was better to drive. Managed 8.02 on the actual run.

For me BMW is too heavy and not so responsive as Lancia. I don’t know how it will work in other rallies but we will find out I guess 🙂

Edited by Snoopy43
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×