DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

DR2 League Structure  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Enforce Cockpit/Dash View?

• Yes
    • No

Lost 2 stages abandonned cause of bad connexion with race net... hope better for the next !

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snoopy43 said:

For me BMW is too heavy and not so responsive as Lancia. I don’t know how it will work in other rallies but we will find out I guess 🙂

Probably the BMW or Sierra are a better choice on some rally's. But I always do the whole championship with one car no matter what 😀

Finally racenet up and running, I at least managed to finish the rally. Came out on top, and this I really had to work hard to accomplish. RWD up and down those mountains on ice/snow is a nightmare !

• Like 1

With Sweden coming up and the blinding whiteout being bad even in 2D, do any of you VR players know a solution or workaround for the broken HDR in VR?   

Even with brightness all the way down, the sky is just flat white, and snow is the same. 

Switching to a bonnet cam helps, but I can’t really deal with feeling like a disembodied head welded to the hood...

2 hours ago, ApexAzimuth said:

With Sweden coming up and the blinding whiteout being bad even in 2D, do any of you VR players know a solution or workaround for the broken HDR in VR?   

Even with brightness all the way down, the sky is just flat white, and snow is the same. 

Switching to a bonnet cam helps, but I can’t really deal with feeling like a disembodied head welded to the hood...

Which one you using the rift s isnt great but I personally haven't found anything that works great

6 minutes ago, jnco89 said:

Which one you using the rift s isnt great but I personally haven't found anything that works great

I'm using a Vive.   Depending on the car, sometimes the overexposure is insane.  In many of the RX cars, even on max low brightness, everything outside the vehicle is barely visible with how overexposed it is.

So i have set the first times in sweden. Now go and crush them 😅

i was very comfortable in the e30 and even managed to get through the first 4 stages without any major mistakes.

But on stage 5 i spun the first time and 3 spins after that on the later stages.. nevertheless i am very happy I finished the event. Sweden is one of the rallys im the least experienced in and allthough it might be the coldest rally in the calendar it for me was the most sweaty by far.

11 hours ago, ApexAzimuth said:

I'm using a Vive.   Depending on the car, sometimes the overexposure is insane.  In many of the RX cars, even on max low brightness, everything outside the vehicle is barely visible with how overexposed it is.

Nope, I've just pretty much tried to learn to deal with it. I with CM would add virtual contrast glasses that we could put on at will in sweden.

Sweden done, much more enjoyable with the Cossie than Monte 🙂 Felt like I had decent rhythm at times, but lost confidence at parts. No major drama, manage to overspin slightly on 3-4 sharp corners and had to reverse after getting stuck in the snowbank, but only lost about 4-6 seconds each time so not that huge. The fast peeps will demolish my times, but hoping for a top 10 finish 🙂 

A bit late to comment on it, but I enjoyed Monaco extremely, especially sliding around the snowy corners was really fun. Haven't done many mistakes and was better than expected, I'm pretty happy with my time. To be the best BMW-Driver on the board looks also quite nice. But I know, Apex will destroy me sooner or later 😄

But I have an opponent I want to beat this season and I was ahead this rally, so I'm happy 🙂

Sweden will be tough, really tough. Sweden and Greece are my worst Rallies, but I hope for the best.

• Like 1

This was a difficult one with the R5. Wheelspin in 3th and even 4th gear. If I kept it on low revs the turbo doesn't work so no power.

Does me think how a crazy car this must be in real life 😀

I hate Sweden so much that I just retired after ss1 as it is for me the worst location in this game. If I see something with Sweden I just skip it. So good luck to you and enjoy it because I don’t 😜

Blarghh ! Had a comfortable lead after SS3, then I somehow managed to puncture a rear tire halfway on SS4 because of some stupid mistake, and I had no spare. It was impossible to drive the car any longer so I had no choice but retire 😞

Ah well, someone has to be last I guess? so I've fulfilled that place.  And if you're gonna be last, may as well be badly last.  🙄

I know I have a long way to go yet, but can't help feeling I'm making a mess of the setup.  Consistently slow, still some mistakes, absolutely no traction out of the corners and tires completely shredded at end of SS3 and SS6 in Sweden.  

I know nobody else's setups are ever gonna be a perfect fit for me as it's down to the driving style, but how come Skyrex's and GTR's setup philosophies are typically exactly the opposite?  Both fast guys so I expected some similar looking setups but they are so different.  I'm just trying to look at the settings, what others are doing, how the car feels and then trying to make sense of why.  Guess it will click eventually?!

9 hours ago, BluecatRally said:

Ah well, someone has to be last I guess? so I've fulfilled that place.  And if you're gonna be last, may as well be badly last. 

You are not last. There are 3 people behind you at the time of writing.

Sweden was quite difficult for me as expected. Did a spin in a very slow corner and BARELY touched the crowd and got resetted + 8 seconds penalty on SS3...GRR! Then...on the last stage...on the last sector...3 turns or so to finish I crashed, rolled and was stuck against a tree = another 8 seconds penalty. There I lost the position against kildog 😥

Well, I hope for a better performance on the next rallies.

Fun Fact: On stage 6, the first 2 have exact the same time 🤣

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Fun Fact: On stage 6, the first 2 have exact the same time 🤣

Strange, when I was driving it said I was 0.003 seconds slower...😃

I was nearly 2 minutes slower than you @BluecatRally allthough i felt quite allright 😂 tell me something about being last

lets see who will be better at the end of the championship 💪🏼

btw in monaco I was the faster one by 20 seconds.

Edited by Loeinc

2 hours ago, Loeinc said:

I was nearly 2 minutes slower than you @BluecatRally allthough i felt quite allright 😂 tell me something about being last

Thats the fun part about this kind of League, you pick a reference opponent that you try to beat 🙂 I always have @baunau as my reference. On the rare occasions that I beat him I know I've done a good event 🙂

• Agree 4

Got my run in was enjoying the battle with @MongoJon [VR] shame he had issues hes one of the best in sweden. I almost threw it all away on power stage just lost focus I guess. Nice power stage @Dytut😉 So I'll wait and see what @ApexAzimuth has up his sleeve. Take care guys

• Like 1

The adrenaline in my system right now is probably unsafe...

Stages 1-5 I managed to be only a few seconds behind @MongoJon [VR] and @jnco89, gaining some and losing some stage to stage, and I felt good about my chances up until stage 6 about halfway into Hamra.  I slid just a tad off the line and suddenly I came to a total deadstop and my car was RUINED.  Front end completely smashed in, steam pouring out of the radiator, and Phil saying the engine's really in trouble (I've never even heard him say that before).
I have no idea what I hit, but it was definitely buried in the snow and invisible, but on top of this, I was high-centered on the thing, so I couldn't get off of it and had to recover.   The rest of the stage was panic mode but somehow I managed to keep my pace, despite a noticeable drop in power.  The poor bimmer wasn't able to push in 6th gear more than about halfway through the gear.  By about the last 20 seconds, the engine started giving out completely and I was worried I might get a terminal damage from engine seizing (can that even happen?).

Despite all this I was apparently only about ~15 seconds off of @jnco89's total time.   On Service, the car was an absolute wreck.  I've never seen damage this bad in all my time in DR2.0.  Heavy damage everywhere.  I managed to balance quick fixes and opt not to repair some parts, only having 3 seconds left on service, but most of the car repaired.

On SS7 I must have been possessed by adrenaline because I went faster than I've ever gone in Sweden.  Frankly some of those corners looked like I had a death wish in the replay, so I guess I made up for that time and ended up ahead.  I really didn't expect to come out ahead on this one after SS6 and you guys' blistering pace on these stages.

I'm gonna lay down and have a heart attack now...

Edited by ApexAzimuth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, Loeinc said:

I’m still finding my way in the club and didn’t appreciate how many people were taking part.  🙂

I’m hooked far more than I should be on this game so I’ll be hoping to take part in the whole championship and future ones.  I’ll be looking out for you now on the next rally.

Now, how to get some more traction out of this lump of Cossie...