DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

I'm looking forward to trying this, but are there No services, or is it one per country??

3?  

THREE????                                                                                     

KevM said:
3?  

THREE????                                                                                     
yes three. I was assuming the setup would stay intact as long as the tire-choise is the same. So for same tires you have one service. But if Ivysaur is right, that might be different in the next one if you can't setup the car... Maybe it will have less countries with more stages in one to still achieve the long without-service-distances

Procver said:
Hi, can I join this league? My nickname is "Procver". I'll send the request if it is ok
Sure, it's open to everybody. Your only able to claim a season victory if you have a forum account though, which you do. And as long as you're not cheating you wont be kicked, even if inactive on the forums.

SkyRex said:
yes three. I was assuming the setup would stay intact as long as the tire-choise is the same. So for same tires you have one service. But if Ivysaur is right, that might be different in the next one if you can't setup the car... Maybe it will have less countries with more stages in one to still achieve the long without-service-distances
Quite the endurance then...?  lol

Im quite looking forward to it!

You can allow vehicle setup without giving ability to fix the damage. Just saying.
Oh yes you're right, totally forgot there where two different checks during league setup. Than thats what we will do for next time, if tuning doesn't work now. That even allows to do what I wanted to do anyways: Reducing the services to two, one at the beginning and one halfway through, so you have to cover 120 stage km twice without repairs. 

By the way, Congrats:

Arrrgh!!! Just finished the first service area, and were to start on Ransbysäter, and Dirt just went black, had to ALT+F4 and league reset to start.

Well, well, have to start over again....

Well f***... Engine gave up on the last stage of Wales. Seems like I'm not the endurance type of guy - can't drive for that long without mistakes.
This is how my Polo looked when I was forced to retire. :smiley: 

Nice car... lol.                                             

And we are go....

Off to a bad start though, I hit Start instead of Setup.  Balls....

I'm half way through now. What a tough run! 

I approached it like I would a Safari or Dakar rally, with focus on keeping the vitals of the car as healthy as possible. 
Started off really well showing good pace during the Monte, but after a few scares I dialed the pace down a little, and reminded myself of how long there is to go. 

I started to lose a significant amount of time during Germany and Sweden though, as I had to reset the car due to landing on the roof from a slow roll (of course it lands on the roof), and I was automatically reset twice more due to spectators standing in ludicrous places. Wales Rally GB marshals would have been all over that nonsense. 

That puts me about 3-ish minutes away from Ivy, after as well having a few spins in Sweden, but I preferred it when it was less than a minute, before all this reset rubbish. 

Oh well, I'm still in the running, so I'm happy. 
The only notable wear so far has been the drive-shaft, brakes and the engine (orange light), but I'm managing to keep those working enough for them not to cause me a problem. Though I can see all of those taking a battering during Finland.

Anything can happen! 

But if you overhaul the damagesystem (repairs etc) the normal career and such will be too easy. Easier as it is now
Less damage from fast driving (aka jumps) and a lot more damage from actual collisions. Problem solved, game is still difficult, if not more.

First tarmac segment done, haemorrhaged time due to no setup/no top speed and was fast losing touch with Bear, but kept the head and stayed tidy, EML on but no real damage to report.  Bear must have had a moment on the last German rainy stage, so back within 8 secs of him.

#EDIT:  After Service & seeing the state of the car through wear n tear on tarmac, I can safely say, I'll never make the finish....

Its quite good fun having to drive the car like you've paid for it!! lol

Section 2, here we come!

Got to the end of the first Finnish stage and was looking at the results wondering where the Bear went, the game shat itself and closed!

Apparently Dirt Rally executable has stopped working and needed to close...  Nice!

DNF at the middle of stage 12: driveshaft lost.
I'd like to have another run next to see If I can finish this. Please set it up again later on

Well that was interesting, i'm saved at the mid break point it seems.  Chose the Countryman because why not, only to find that it's owners upgrades (i don't own the car, and have no upgrades during this event)

It's probably allowed me to get as far as i have, so i can't complain :)  It's pretty close for those of us still left, only about 4-5 mins covering the whole field.

KevM said:
Bear must have had a moment on the last German rainy stage, so back within 8 secs of him.
Went slightly wide and into spectators, who shouldn't have been standing there, which really annoyed me. And on the same stage I had a slight spin when I hooked the car into a ditch a little too harshly. 

I had similar issues in Sweden, going into spectators where there shouldn't be spectators, and then having to reset the car after slowly rolling onto the roof. Combine that with more than enough snowbank spins. 

Keep it steady and you'll have me! 

I'll be taking on the second half of the event when I get home, starting with Finland. 

KevM said:
Bear must have had a moment on the last German rainy stage, so back within 8 secs of him.
Went slightly wide and into spectators, who shouldn't have been standing there, which really annoyed me. And on the same stage I had a slight spin when I hooked the car into a ditch a little too harshly. 

I had similar issues in Sweden, going into spectators where there shouldn't be spectators, and then having to reset the car after slowly rolling onto the roof. Combine that with more than enough snowbank spins. 

I'll be taking on the second half of the event when I get home, starting with Finland. 
I had just passed you after Sweden and my game crashed me out at the Leaderboards screen after the first Finnish stage.  Game over for me.  I could restart the event, but Im sure I would be starting with half a rally's accumulated damage....  :(

KevM said:
KevM said:

I had just passed you after Sweden and my game crashed me out at the Leaderboards screen after the first Finnish stage.  Game over for me.  I could restart the event, but Im sure I would be starting with half a rally's accumulated damage....  :(
That sucks :( :( 
Yeah, I'm like a bleeding animal in a river of alligators right now, for anybody chasing me. 

Engine Failure during stage 21... -.-
But I deserved it, to many scratches coleccted.

I just tested something out: Different cars need different time to repair.
VW Polo 1% engine repair: 1:05
R4 Evo X 1% engine repair: 0:54

I have to try out some more and see if its class or car dependant. For the next legendary I will drive a nice AWD car that my mechanics can repair super fast

By the way: CrazyNevada, choose the car class for the next DRC Season. 

SkyRex said:
Engine Failure during stage 21... -.-
But I deserved it, to many scratches coleccted.

I just tested something out: Different cars need different time to repair.
VW Polo 1% engine repair: 1:05
R4 Evo X 1% engine repair: 0:54

I have to try out some more and see if its class or car dependant. For the next legendary I will drive a nice AWD car that my mechanics can repair super fast

By the way: CrazyNevada, choose the car class for the next DRC Season. 
That's why I chose the Delta integrale, quite sturdy and easy to repair :-) Hope I'll be able to find the time to complete the event though.