DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

1 minute ago, Evilsmurf said:

Quick question, very rusty these days. I'm assuming the only safe place to quit the game is in the service parks? leaving after a stage will cause a disqualification?

Marathon of an event, having to get used to hards. Must still be over driving them as they are still done after 3 stages :classic_biggrin:

You can always quit at end of a stage, before proceeding to the next stage. Select the "quit to main menu" option. DO NOT pick any option that includes the word "retire", that means event over and DNF

• Agree 1

If you quit after a stage and not on service you probably get a very beaten car at restart, some stupid bug.

Get used to hards??? I did the 3 stages to service on softs, no problem.

My problem was a flat tyre on ss1 😎

I proclaim this seasons name to be... "The Legacy of Corona". 

Damn that Legacy is fun to drive 🙂 Had a few small spins on the way, but nothing major except on SS6 where I lost focus and went off into the underbrush and had to reverse out, and then I almost flipped the car just at the finish line. 

12 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

If you quit after a stage and not on service you probably get a very beaten car at restart, some stupid bug.

Get used to hards??? I did the 3 stages to service on softs, no problem.

My problem was a flat tyre on ss1 😎

I'll need to try a smoother driving approach. I ran hards for both long legs of the rally and they were absolutely done by the time I got to both services. I also find the softs puncture to easily when I hit the edges of the stage. I do that a lot 🤣 

2 hours ago, Evilsmurf said:

I'll need to try a smoother driving approach. I ran hards for both long legs of the rally and they were absolutely done by the time I got to both services. I also find the softs puncture to easily when I hit the edges of the stage. I do that a lot 🤣 

I ran softs, they held up quite well. And I was on the edges quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

too bad you only allow the cockpit camera

There was a long running poll about it. Forcing it won by about two thirds against one third. So the majority of drivers here, me included, appreciate it to level the playing field. Everyone's to judge the cars movement with the same limitations of the bodywork being in the way

• Agree 1

My first car was a first generation Legacy sport, and they nailed the feeling of the Legacy.  The sound of the engine and turbo, the turbo lag, and the interior of it in VR actually gives me a strange nostalgia.   Granted this thing drives like my Legacy if it were brand new and perfectly tuned, but the feeling is real.  Gave me chills up my spine.

• Like 2

... that was intense!
I was like, yeah New Zealand as a start, nice flowing turns, good Rally to start the Season...
Then of course I cracked the windscreen on S2, but no big deal, car was fine. Got a table 3rd position, about 10 secs behind @Dytut  thinking about closing the gap with some more risk.

Then in Stage 4, not even halfway into it, I confidently ignored a "don't cut" and hit a rock head on. Radiator light on. More than 2.5 long stages to go... That turned south quickly. Suddenly it felt like one of the new McRae Scenarios. Finish without terminal damage and in the Top 10. I didn't wanna get a retired right at the season opening, so I pushed on.
At the finish of S4 the engine light was on and the radiator steamed some smoke into the sky. da mn. okay, calm, keep it together.
S5 and S6 I drove as gentle to the engine as possible while still going as fast as possible, I wanted to keep my position, but @Janneman60 creeped ever closer after each stage.
Short shifting all the way, I tried to make the shifting lights in the Evo's cockpit not come on at all, not even the first green one, already shifitng up at about 5000 rpm.
You would be surprised by how many hairpins in NZ you can drift in 3rd gear! Thankfully the Evo has no noticable Turbo lag in the lower revs.
At the end of S5 the engine revs became spasmic. Shortly after start of S6 it sounded very fissy as well, very ill. I though like, any moment now, please keep it together, just 5 more kilometers, please.

It pulled through. Service park I fixed the engine, and made quick fixes to the most important parts, anything I had time for. Who needs new lights? Or a repaired body shell? And who doesn't like the character of a slightly bend wheel geometry. At least the wreck was running cool and revving high again.

S7 I pulled almost the same pace as before the incident. And it all payed of, still on Pos 3rd as we speak, still about 10 sec distance to 4th (down from a minute).

I think I never had such a stressful Rally in our League before.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I wrecked Skyrex's 3rd position immediately after he posted his message. :classic_biggrin:

The joy of switching from Chase cam to Cockpit dash, and the resulting "Wait.. I CANNOT SEE THE BRAKING MARK-" *Goes off the road 4 times, very slowly* Especially in the wet.

Ah well, I saw no Fords, so I drove a Ford, simple. Had quite the damage from bumping the edges on the fast bits though - had Wheel Geometry worse than the McRae Legacy scenario. o_o

Edit: *curses in 'not podium finish' and 'racenet servers'*

Edited by Snaky115
  • Haha 1

First of all: 😞

The very first two sectors were green so I had a good pace, but then in the 3rd sector I overshoot a square left, but didn't hit anything.
Lost 1-2 seconds and started to push more to get my time back.

In the 4th sector I misjudged a very fast right-left-right-combination and basically destroyed the car including a front-right-puncture (without having a spare).
Rally was over.

But I made it to the finish, lost around 46 seconds.
Did the 2nd stage and fell off the very first corner because of huge understeer due to the puncture. Got 27 seconds time penalty.
At the end around 2 mins 25 seconds lost.

Stage 3 was just lol. Engine was that bad, it stalled before I could start. And again after restarting it.
Engine, radiator, turbo, transmission, chassis and wheel geometry were very badly damaged.

And lights.

Still made it to the finish. 3 mins 46 seconds lost.

In service area it was clear, I couldn't push at least in the last stages.
Could only quick-repair engine and radiator and still got 45 seconds time penalty.

Car was okish in stages 4-6, but I lost more and more engine and turbo-power.
For stage 7 I could repair engine (again), radiator (again) and turbo.
But transmission and wheel geometry not, and the last one made the car slidy.

Was close to win the stage regardless, but oh well.

Horrible start into the championship.

Was hoping for a top 10 finish. Not put a prolonged amount of time into DiRT  in well over a year so happy with 11th that I'm currently in. Lets see if that's were I end up 🤣

Going try and commit to the whole season and hopefully improve as the season continues.

• Like 3

I honestly didn't expect to do that well in Group A.  RWD seems to be where my strength is but maybe some of that throttle discipline is helping my AWD game.  I still feel like I'm a mere student of the four wheels.

SS1-SS3 went very well.  I seem to manage understeer in wet conditions pretty well, despite understeer being my kryptonite. I was just behind Yabby through the first leg. The shock of going from worn tires on mud to fresh tires on dry gravel really jarred me in SS4 though, and I struggled to keep up with Yabby after losing a bit of confidence from biting the inside walls of a few corners, underestimating my grip.  Still did decently on SS4-SS6.  Then I once again got jarred by the sudden grip in SS7, and rolled the car by mounting the inside of a corner, again underestimating my grip.  Managed to recover though SS7 was my weakest time overall by far.

I'm really enjoying the Legacy, curious how well it competes with the Delta overall.  Time will tell!

• Like 1

Had a fun time with the Legacy in Argentina, which is an event I rarely enjoy driving. Had three small spins, and on one I managed to get stuck and had to reset, so my times will be mediocre at best. But I do enjoy driving that Legacy, it's feels so.... raw! Would need to upgrade to a pedal set that has a clutch to get the most out of it though, the turbo spoolup takes aaaaaaaages.

I lost out on @Dytut on ss1 and ss2 were I did a small spin. After that a great fight back and after ss5 I grabbed the lead by a few seconds. On ss6 Dytut made a mistake and I got a much bigger margin. For now fastest but that will change for sure.

Well, the moral of that story is, don't drink and drive kids...

Car was a basket case after the first 2 stages, then I threw it in a gully on stage 4.

• Haha 2

I couldn't see my normal braking point from inside, so that was a nice 200 kp/h terminal. Oops.

Meh.
On SS1 I crashed against a pillar of a bridge and managed to get completely sideways in the middle of the bridge 🤣
Costed me around 15 seconds.

I did many small mistakes, was often out of rythm and touched the stones and walls pretty often.
In SS7 I almost terminated the car by crashing against the beginning of a small stonewall at high speed, but luckily got away with it.

Well, was better then New Zealand at least, I guess 😅

After a veeeeery fast dnf in newzealand where i struggled mightily with the deltas understeer.. (I managed to fix it by upping the breakpressure so my leftfoodbreaking works more sensitive) I was allright with my progress in argentina and didnt make too many errors there..

BUT! Somehow my suspension failed me in ss5!

I think it must have been beatup through the earlier stages so when I slipped of the road onto the grassy area somewhere at the beginning of the stage.. something must have been snapped. Because after this little expedition the car did not want to turn one bit and after a few more 100 meters i was DNF‘ed by suspension failure.

Argentina really IS hard on the suspension it seems 😂

Anyways.. came not even close matching the frontrunners pace.

..someday 😬 

Hmm, failed to Download Clubs. if this persists I might not be able to compete in argentina... Why are the Servers in mayhem??

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Hmm, failed to Download Clubs. if this persists I might not be able to compete in argentina... Why are the Servers in mayhem??

They start to get wonky everyday evening CET now.
If you already get the download club failed message, it will get tricky, even if you manage to start them.
Hope for the best.

Yabby is extremely fast now!
Last championship he was constantly in the mid-field pack and now he dominates everything 😮 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Yabby is extremely fast now!
Last championship he was constantly in the mid-field pack and now he dominates everything 😮 

Illegal Turbo? 🤣

• Haha 4

What a mysterious front puncture right before the bumpy fast finish of Stage 4... Damn, did not wanna lose my spare before the wet stages started. 😕 Turned out well in the end, besides the 720 spin before i realized the punctured tyre was fully gone.

Tyre wear seems nasty though, even mediums got 'Worn' in 4-5-6.

• Sad 1

Mostly clean run through Australia while trying to get a feel for my new pedal set (T3PA-PRO). Had one spin at the start of the first rainy stage where I misjudged the grip a bit, but just maybe 7-8 seconds lost from it and no damage. Felt like the softs were wearing out quickly, only had good grip on the first stage after service then it was glidey glidey time. Mediums would probably have been a better choice.