DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Well, that was finally a good rally for me.
No Spins, just small mistakes here and there.

The grip level got extremely fast worse and worse.
Especially in SS3 it was quite difficult to get used to it.
And again on SS4 were the grip was much better again.

On SS7 I was on some places too cautious and lost a bit of time.

But I beat Dytut almost by a minute! Wohoo! Eat that! 🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Mais j'ai battu Dytut presque d'une minute! Wohoo! Mangez ça! 🤣

Waiting for yabby s answer lol

11 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

Waiting for yabby s answer lol

He raced before me, did a huge mistake on SS4.
We were mostly on par in terms of pace, maybe he was slightly faster.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Il a couru devant moi, a fait une énorme erreur sur SS4.
Nous étions surtout à égalité en termes de rythme, peut-être qu'il était légèrement plus rapide.

Sorry i didn t see 😉

On 3/31/2020 at 6:47 PM, SkyRex said:

Hmm, failed to Download Clubs. if this persists I might not be able to compete in argentina... Why are the Servers in mayhem??

Yup. It's pointless to try and do anything DR2.0 now.

2 hours ago, Dytut said:

Mostly clean run through Australia while trying to get a feel for my new pedal set (T3PA-PRO). 

That is a good set of pedals. Bought them for Christmas they feel very good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

did the first stage and then when done "you need to login to steam" or something like that. I waited for like 5-10 minutes and while my internet worked browsing and showing good results in speedtest apparently i wasnt online. Great. I wonder if its steam related or if its codemasters servers being codemasters servers again?

I just checked and it was a DNF.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, somethingthing said:

a fait la première étape, puis une fois terminé "vous devez vous connecter à Steam" ou quelque chose comme ça. J'ai attendu environ 5 à 10 minutes et pendant que ma navigation sur Internet fonctionnait et montrait de bons résultats dans speedtest, je n'étais apparemment pas en ligne. Génial. Je me demande si sa vapeur est liée ou si ses serveurs codemasters sont à nouveau des serveurs codemasters?

Je viens de vérifier et c'était un DNF.

When this happen for me on xbox i m juste leaving the game and it works and no dnf, Hope there s will be the same for you next time 😉

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

When this happen for me on xbox i m juste leaving the game and it works and no dnf, Hope there s will be the same for you next time 😉

How do you leave? Does it still record your time (otherwise its against the rules)? All options i got was retry, back to main menu and back. I was about 1.5 seconds off @UnderclassGDfan so maybe we could have had a nice battle if it didnt disconnect, we'll never know 😞

5 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

How do you leave? Does it still record your time (otherwise its against the rules)? All options i got was retry, back to main menu and back. I was about 1.5 seconds off @UnderclassGDfan so maybe we could have had a nice battle if it didnt disconnect, we'll never know 😞

When in clubs the time got uploaded and you see yourself on the leaderboard, the time is save. On the next screen, were you try to continue and it fails and shows you 3 options (retry 99% of the time doesn't work) choose the middle option.
It worked for me the last few times.

But if the time doesn't even upload, you either try it for a while and maybe you have luck, otherwise...yeah...RaceNet all over again.

Your case is a bit strange...you shouldn't be able to even go to clubs in the game, if you weren't connected to RaceNet (and therefore being online).
But I don't know if steam works like xbox live in this case.

You are not showing up on the first stage of the rally, not even as DNFed, so your time didn't got even uploaded.

But we will get our battles for sure sometime, we seem to be quite close in pace.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

When in clubs the time got uploaded and you see yourself on the leaderboard, the time is save. On the next screen, were you try to continue and it fails and shows you 3 options (retry 99% of the time doesn't work) choose the middle option.
It worked for me the last few times.

But if the time doesn't even upload, you either try it for a while and maybe you have luck, otherwise...yeah...RaceNet all over again.

Your case is a bit strange...you shouldn't be able to even go to clubs in the game, if you weren't connected to RaceNet (and therefore being online).
But I don't know if steam works like xbox live in this case.

You are not showing up on the first stage of the rally, not even as DNFed, so your time didn't got even uploaded.

But we will get our battles for sure sometime, we seem to be quite close in pace.

My time didnt even get uploaded, i got the pop up window while it tried to upload. When i go into clubs and look at event details it says DNF.

UdXeLIe.png

😞

It wasnt complaining about racenet being down or anything, it said i had to connect to steam so not sure if it was a codemaster thing this time or if it was something with steam

Edited by somethingthing
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

My time didnt even get uploaded, i got the pop up window while it tried to upload. When i go into clubs and look at event details it says DNF.

It wasnt complaining about racenet being down or anything, it said i had to connect to steam so not sure if it was a codemaster thing this time or if it was something with steam

Well, if that window comes before this typical "uploading to RaceNet" thing pops up, you are f'd.
I set myself a few rules before playing some "important" clubs I'm in to avoid that:
1. Make sure you are online/connected to RaceNet: Start My Team once, if that works, you are definitely online.
2. Look how long it takes to actually load the clubs in-game, if it takes forever or even fails the first few tries, I wouldn't risk it.
3. Avoid playing clubs between friday evening and monday morning (CET). It's laughable, but it is the time frame were this happens way more frequently.
It got definitly better (there were times last summer, were the clubs were completely down for 3 days), but it's still bad.
4. Look if the webpage loads clubs properly or you getting a "failed to load"-message. Just try to load any leaderboard within the club.

Well, you can still do the other 6 stages and show us, what you can do. I look at all times set on the club page frequently.
And you still get at least a few points, if you participate.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Well, if that window comes before this typical "uploading to RaceNet" thing pops up, you are f'd.
I set myself a few rules before playing some "important" clubs I'm in to avoid that:
1. Make sure you are online/connected to RaceNet: Start My Team once, if that works, you are definitely online.
2. Look how long it takes to actually load the clubs in-game, if it takes forever or even fails the first few tries, I wouldn't risk it.
3. Avoid playing clubs between friday evening and monday morning (CET). It's laughable, but it is the time frame were this happens way more frequently.
It got definitly better (there were times last summer, were the clubs were completely down for 3 days), but it's still bad.
4. Look if the webpage loads clubs properly or you getting a "failed to load"-message. Just try to load any leaderboard within the club.

Well, you can still do the other 6 stages and show us, what you can do. I look at all times set on the club page frequently.
And you still get at least a few points, if you participate.

I do clubs almost every day and have been doing so for a few months and never had that error message before but some time gotta be the first. 🙂 Yeah i might get in and do the next 6th stages, driving in australia is fun even with a DNF.

16 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I do clubs almost every day and have been doing so for a few months and never had that error message before but some time gotta be the first. 🙂 Yeah i might get in and do the next 6th stages, driving in australia is fun even with a DNF.

Be careful about the grip level, the tyres get eaten very fast on that gravel. I almost fell of the road twice because it started sliding like ice in SS3/SS6 🤣

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Attention au niveau d'adhérence, les pneus se mangent très vite sur ce gravier. J'ai failli tomber de la route deux fois parce qu'elle a commencé à glisser comme de la glace en SS3 / SS6  🤣

Same dude 😄 but really more slower lol. I really need to buy a wheel to be closer !

3 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

Same dude 😄 but really more slower lol. I really need to buy a wheel to be closer !

I play also with a controller, so it's doable.
But it's maybe a bit easier in the long run with a wheel.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Be careful about the grip level, the tyres get eaten very fast on that gravel. I almost fell of the road twice because it started sliding like ice in SS3/SS6 🤣

Yeah i noticed and im only on stage 3 🙂. Now I was able to do 2 stages before some error 3370e---- when i was about to go to the 4th stage but at least these 2 stages were counted. When quitting to menu the clubs were no issues to get into again, it was just loading the next stage that gave error.. donno, maybe im not supposed to race today 😄

Edited by somethingthing

I took it easy and carefull and only had a small spin in ss6. Rally Australia is the one I dislike the most and I just know that pushing to get fast here just means a dnf.

• Agree 1

What an awesome league. This is what masters difficulty should look like. 🙂

I decided to join and picked up the Cosworth because I love this car. To make things more realistic I'm driving with clutch and H-shifter. It's not easy, got one puncture and a few spins, but I'm happy to get to the finish line. Great fun!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

What an awesome league. This is what masters difficulty should look like. 🙂

I decided to join and picked up the Cosworth because I love this car. To make things more realistic I'm driving with clutch and H-shifter. It's not easy, got one puncture and a few spins, but I'm happy to get to the finish line. Great fun!

I just got a shifter and clutch pedal, hope I'll feel confident enough to drive with on the next event. I have set a challenge for myself to do the whole McRae challenge with H-shifter and clutch on hardest difficulty just to learn 😄

15 minutes ago, Dytut said:

I just got a shifter and clutch pedal, hope I'll feel confident enough to drive with on the next event. I have set a challenge for myself to do the whole McRae challenge with H-shifter and clutch on hardest difficulty just to learn 😄

Hardest difficulty 91 or 100? Makes a quite huge difference 😉

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Hardest difficulty 91 or 100? Makes a quite huge difference 😉

Max, so 100 I guess. Just managed to do the two first 😄 

Hi Guys!

I managed to get back home after my quarantine and just finished Australia. I am not a big fan of this location but it went quite well. I had no idea which car to choose as Delta used to be the fastest but I went for Legacy and did my first rally in it. The car feels really nice to drive! The result is good and I am a bit surprised to be honest because if it was not for my mistakes I could fight for a win.

On SS3 I went into the ditch for around 10 seconds... Thankfully I got out without penalty. Then it was going well.

But on SS6 first I had a spin after touching this white ****** post 😉 and then I had another one which was much more scary because it happened on 5th gear hitting fence and destroying whole front of my car including radiator 🙂 I went for a big push on this stage and lost only 3 seconds with all those moments. 

Really nice to be back in Dirt after whole month not seeing my wheel 🙂 See you in Greece!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So it has been confirmed: the delta is a deathtrap for me!

Third time in a row that i did not finish the rally.. and this time i even managed to crash out after 2 km allthough i commuted to conservative driving..

give me back my evo! 😭😂

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Loeinc said:

So it has been confirmed: the delta is a deathtrap for me!

Third time in a row that i did not finish the rally.. and this time i even managed to crash out after 2 km allthough i commuted to conservative driving..

give me back my evo! 😭😂

What exactly is it that make it such a struggle for you? Maybe someone are willing to give setup tips 🙂