DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Wow, really pleased with P4 in Wales. So pleased that I had to botch it completely in Poland 😄 Think I had three resets, multiple stops on other business. When it worked, I did have some real nice feeling for the car, but lack of concentration and some misshifts.

Posted (edited)

Had a puncture on SS5, I thought I was near the end so didn't change and kept going with just a rim. Lost a full minute anyway.

Edited by HoksuHoo

Damnit,
after a DNF in USA, I went for Germany, funnily the one I would chose to kick from the calendar, and got a strong 2nd place, no mistakes in driving.
Then came Wales, always a candidate for failure, but I had a very strong day, almost no mistakes, a little tree-touch and slidong off the road on the very last stage is all that cost me the victory there, just 1sec behind @baunau. I even went on to run the Solberg World Cup afterwards, which would've been a Top 20 run, if it weren't for a tire change penalty, though it still got me into Top 50 on that day.

Now today I went into Poland, felt not quite good right from the start. Some touches here and there, broken windscreen, but the first two stages I drove out a lead of over 40 sec to 2nd place. Then 3rd stage I landed a jump sideways and slid frontally into a tree. Terminal crash, impact 120 kph.
At least after the last couple events I feel like I haven't lost my Mojo. The speed for victories is still there, I can drive fast enough. Just... not consistently enough. Not without mistakes that cost lots of time or whole rallies. I should really work on training the 90 % driving style. Whenever I say "this one gotta be real cautious" I still catch myself driving 100 % regardless...

• Sad 1

Rolled on first and third stage but somehow managed to be 2nd then 3rd, when what do you know racenet decides to sh.t itself!

Is it any wonder not many doing clubs this last while, Codemasters need to have a long hard look at themselves with this excuse for a server!

• Agree 1

Well somehow racenet let me finish last stage although car in such bad shape after two rolls I didn’t have enough time in service to fix turbo and engine.

Sitting in 3rd so far and just one second of @Dytut in second!

Poland fair gives the car a wrecking as a small touch of a bank can launch you to the moon and back such is the speeds.

I struggled to keep up the first 2 stages, then had a good 3e and a bad 4e stage. At this point it was very close with @baunau. But now somehow I got in the flow and had an easy victory on ss5, 6 and 7. So first place at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I f'd it up again...this time T W I C E !

SS1 and SS2 were good, not the fastest runs, but I really tried the 90% pace thing.
I even was going off gas on some places slightly, to do it save. Lost time here and there because of it, but it worked.

But I lost focus quite early in SS3 and got a puncture in the front.
Lost huge amount of time and pushed hard on SS4 and SS5, wich worked well until the second half of SS5, were I started making small mistakes, wich resulted in quite much time lost again.

At this point I knew, I lost the battle against @baunau and was frustrated. The gap was too big, so I wasn't much motivated.
Pretty early on a very fast 5 left on SS6 I crashed against a tree. I pretty much ignored that the tyres have not much grip anymore and slided to the outside.
Front puncture again + engine/radiator/turbo/transmission/bodywork/wheel geometry damage. Everything so badly damaged, that I only could fix radiator and transmission.

Pushed hard on SS7 with much anger in me. F this championship! F the Legacy! F my inconstancy!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!OABDÖKJVBFRVBNF<NVjb.

Ok, thats it.

• Sad 5

And I can't get past the first stage due to server issues again. Been trying for 20 minutes but keep getting the error message. Shame.

Well now, I managed to get through Scotland. Barely. Not comfortable on the stages yet, and keep finding myself in the wrong gear a lot of the time as I don't have a good feel for which are fast three that I can do in fifth or slow three to be done in third.

Overshot a few corners, and went off a few times, and managed to spin a few times aswell. Overall, rather crappy performance. But really fun to blast through Scotland with the Legacy 🙂

• Agree 1

I took it steady but that was a bit slow. Think also the Legacy has bad lights.

But steady was without errors. @yabby was way to fast (except for stage 6 were he probably had some issues). Second place for now.

• Agree 1

Like always: crashed, puncture, ruined rally.

Was driving very cautious and slowly, but still crashed on SS4 right before the last sector begins on that jump.
Hit that stonewall after the jump on the right.

So I had to do sector 8 + SS5&6 with a puncture and a completely broken car.
Was driving the 2nd half of SS6 in 1st gear and had problems going uphill.

I'm thinking of not starting in sweden and stop playing the game for a while.

• Sad 1

No crash again ! I was slow  but i could finish with no big mistakes ! I do not think it will be the same in sweden where i m usually bad ! Wait and see !

Whooo! 

I could hold my own against @baunau with H/clutch in Sweden 😄

Managed a really ****** mistake on SS5 where I went off into the spectators and reset (tried to carry a bit too much speed 😛 ), but other than that I felt comfortable. Baunau had a big three second gap before the last short stage, so I decided that I was going to push a bit and see if it was possible to claw that back. And it was possible 😄 I'm now in the lead by 0.7 seconds.

Some misshifts still, but not too bad and most often not where the time loss was too great. Starting to understand the philosophy behind the H-shifter cars, the long gears where you have enough torque to stay on the wrong gear and still have some power really helps when you can't just flick in a downshift mid corner. If I had the flow, I even kept 5th while going through combination of 3-4 corners.

• Like 1

Well, what can I say? I crashed again.

But this time I almost made it! 🤣
I crashed right before the end of the 2nd sector in SS7.
The grip level was weird, I had fresh snow tires, but felt no grip at all at some places. I just slided around like crazy.

Had heavy understeer in the first few slow corners right at the beginning, followed by a almost crash against a snow bank on the very fast section before the downhill-part to the 1 left.

Everything okish so far, only 2-3 seconds down.

Then after the 1 left and the small straight I lost control on the 5 right to 4 right section with these guard rails on both sides going uphill this very long straight...I crashed against that at full speed.
Puncture, almost destroyed car...oh well. It ended like it began 4-5 rallies ago.

Wasn't really able to do much here anyway.
I could keep up with @Janneman60 most of the time, but a) he was slightly faster and b) when I was faster, I did some small mistakes here and there.
Some bigger mistakes, too on SS2, SS4 and SS5.

I'm glad this championship is over.
Was a disaster all the way. Only Australia went good for for me.

@SkyRex Yabby doesn't seem to be in this forum, how do you get his decision for next season?

Hopefully the next class in some RWD thing, the only cars I can drive at the moment it seems.
I'm horrible in all championships/dailies and weeklies in 4WD cars for some reason.

Another rally ruined due to not letting me fix puncture!

hate snow anyhow but still

Damn i lost my internet and i didn t run in sweden...i will be back only in 2 weeks, i m so distuged....

image.thumb.png.4b53608ce239e1027ed3b5574168bf42.png

Congrats to Yabby and thanks to everyone participating.

Since the league has gained a larger lineup now, I felt appropriate to enlarge the price-area. Now the first 5 (FIVE) people will be counted as podium and get choice for the next season.

@yabby
You may pick the vehicle class for the next season

@Janneman60
You may pick the calendar

@baunau
You may pick the Dropout-Rally (The one to skip)

@UnderclassGDfan
You may pick the Safari-Rally (Service Park structure of 2/5.  Five stages to be conquered in one go)

@Dytut
You may forecast the Weather-Rally (Pick one location and cherry-pick the weather options to your liking. Night has to be less than 50% though)

@all
If Yabby or anyone else for that matter doesn't deliver their vote here via these forums and not until Tuesday evening, their vote will be void and it befalls to me to pick. (I might go by what other opinions I read on here though. )  This can be fully expected, as the Club-Page clearly links to this thread and tells everyone to read the rules here.

If Yabby really doesn't vote, my pick for vehicle class would go to the 2000cc, as they are very balanced overall and offer a lot of choice for everyone. Also I wanna drive that S4...

• Like 3

Wow, after a difficult start I bounced back to second place ☺ 

Let's go frostbite next season (whatever that means)

8 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Wow, after a difficult start I bounced back to second place ☺ 

Let's go frostbite next season (whatever that means)

A'ight. The Name means, that the locations climate gets ever colder the further down the calendar we go.

Allright... I want real Wales! All six stages in full on rain, but the final seventh stage in full sunshine! 😄

So fellas here we go:

NEXT SEASON COMING UP
Starting at Midnight!

Calendar: Frostbite
Vehicles: 2000cc
Dropout: Germany
Safari: Sweden
Special Weather: Wettest Wales

Two choices remained void until now, so I filled in those.
Aaand I already have to admit that I will not accept the Gearbux change for the S4 and I will drive it in sequential mode. I imagine it's a late '98 S4, so it's arguably accurate.
Good Luck everyone!

• Like 3