DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

2000cc is one class where it's difficult to pick one car to commit to since there are so many great cars and I'd want to drive them all. That's a nice problem to have.

I hope nobody picks the C4 or 07' Focus, at least the guys in my range, so we have a nice battle.
The S4 is also my choice, obviously.

Hopefully I can beat the curse and finally finish a rally without a puncture this time 🤣

Too busy over here. So only a couple of rally's. 

I agree not to take the C4 and '07 Ford.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This might help, if you need data to decide:

5 hours ago, SkyRex said:

This might help, if you need data to decide:

Watched it in full. Nice work.

I'm quite surprised, the 08' Impreza is 3rd in youre ranking.
But this is maybe a driver preference.

But I still choose the S4, because...it's the S4! 😃

*sigh*

Long work day, thought I'd be able to drive. Went OK for the start, but lost focus a bit on SS4 and went off. Thought I'd try to push on but lost focus even more on SS5 and went off three or four times.... Meeeeeh. 

Will try do a few more events this time around, also switching to PS4 under the name evilsmurf1976.

Posted (edited)

Picked Skoda this time, mainly cus it’s small and less  chance of hitting something.

Good to get Spain out of the way early though to be fair the fabia feels ok on tarmac.

Edited by Frankiestail

Posted (edited)

Chose Peugeot 206, usually I prefer big, heavy cars but I have a soft spot for the 206 because of the Richard Burns livery among other things.

A decent first rally for me, some mistakes and trips into the woods, but without big consequences. I was chasing @baunau's pace and made a couple of errors, but then he made a big mistake on SS5 and dropped a few positions. Managed to defend against @HoksuHoo and came 3rd in the end. Congratulations to @Dytut and @UnderclassGDfan, two different Subarus at the top!

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 2

Whoop, whoop, finally a rally without a big mistake, time penalty or puncture 😃

Had a moment on SS3 were I came wide and almost crashed, but managed to come back on the road without any problem.
Struggled a bit with the tyres on SS3 & 6, but was managable.

Wasn't the max possible pace, because I was cautious sometimes, but still pretty good.

• Like 2

I was first out in Greece, so no idea what tempo. But was quite uneventful, smooth and felt a bit slow. So not a win, but hopefully a top 5 🙂

Posted (edited)

I was kinda thinking about doing this event seriously and do all stages except the first one that i missed. Had a good run going and..... CRASH..

Event log:

VXtAmlM.jpg

Its quite obvious that im not supposed to do this club because last time i got racenetted. Should probably see this as a sign. Good luck to all other participants 😞

Edited by somethingthing

Posted (edited)

What with Greece being what it is I ensured I had two spare tyres at each service.

But low and behold on last stage got puncture and yet again it wouldn’t allow me to change.

Come on guys, someone able to help me out with this one, is it a bug, has this happened to others, please help me out here!

@pjtierney could this be reported as a bug and possibly fixed as it is game breaking for me for anything other than dailies, thanks in advance.

Edited by Frankiestail

2 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

What with Greece being what it is I ensured I had two spare tyres at each service.

But low and behold on last stage got puncture and yet again it wouldn’t allow me to change.

Come on guys, someone able to help me out with this one, is it a bug, has this happened to others, please help me out here!

@pjtierney could this be reported as a bug and possibly fixed as it is game breaking for me for anything other than dailies, thanks in advance.

Never happened to me to be honest. Did you look behind and confirm there is a spare tyre at the back of your car? You know that a setup is saved together with the number of spare tyres, so if you first choose tyres and then load a setup you might have an unpleasant surprise, right?

Thanks for getting back to me, my settings normally save one spare and for this event I saved settings with two spares to be on the safe side.

Strange thing is it let me change on second stage without problems but not on last stage. With it being a short stage I thought no worries, I’ll limp on but it spat me into a small tree at low speed and terminally damaged my car, which has only ever happened if I launched it off a cliff or something similar which I’d expect to write car off, but a small tree at 40mph?!

47 minutes ago, Frankiestail said:

Thanks for getting back to me, my settings normally save one spare and for this event I saved settings with two spares to be on the safe side.

Strange thing is it let me change on second stage without problems but not on last stage. With it being a short stage I thought no worries, I’ll limp on but it spat me into a small tree at low speed and terminally damaged my car, which has only ever happened if I launched it off a cliff or something similar which I’d expect to write car off, but a small tree at 40mph?!

Take your road car, find a small tree and hit it with 40mph and see what's left 😀 but you are right in the game it is more 140 you need for terminal damage.

I always carry 1 spare and never had trouble with it. And last championship early rally's I was the master of destroying tires/tyres.

14 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

Maybe it’s just a PS4 issue

I'm on PS4 and never had a issue with changing spare wheels

I’d be tempted to think it’s a dodgy up button except the prompt to change wheel doesn’t appear on screen even when the co driver says about a puncture.

Although as I’ve said it happens about one or two times out of ten so seems hard to figure out.

Maybe a fresh install will sort it?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

I’d be tempted to think it’s a dodgy up button except the prompt to change wheel doesn’t appear on screen even when the co driver says about a puncture.

The prompt only appears when you stop the car completely, but you probably know it. Again, I'll ask if you make sure that a spare tyre is in the car if you look behind in the cockpit cam. If there is one (or two), then something is wrong if you still can't change it. if there isn't, you either didn't take it or it was used automatically between stages when there was no service park.

As for Greece, well, terminal damage on the last stage, of course. Still, the top 6 was completely out of my reach, how do you guys pull off those times is beyond me. Especially on the first stage, in rain, on mediums (I assume). Greece, in rain, on mediums, this fast. Mental.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 1

I used softs all the way.

Terrible performance on my end.
Many, many mistakes with time penalties.

SS1: Was ok, just a bit slow.
SS2: I crashed twice including a big time penalty and a smoking engine after the second crash.
SS3: Car was heavily damaged and lost much power after half of the stage, but had also a crash.
SS4: Was ok, but the car was still damaged and I couldn't repair everything.
SS5: I crashed again...and got a 22 second time penalty.
SS6: Was ok, but didn't pushed much, because motivation was down.
SS7: Crashed and rolled the car, but still won the stage (lulz).

Meh... 😞

4 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Mediums? For a lousy 3 stages you use softs...

Really? I always choose mediums when there are 3 long stages in a row.

5 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Really? I always choose mediums when there are 3 long stages in a row.

The average life for softs is 2.5 longs, depending on amount of Toe added (does wear tyres) and surface/overdriving. 3 longs should be easily possible with 4WDs.

That's why im sad the 1/5/1 vote didnt go through, or whatever the option was, would have actual use for mediums, though barely.

• Like 1