DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

17 hours ago, danielofifi said:

The prompt only appears when you stop the car completely

Yes!!! This was it, I experimented and that seems to have been my issue all along. Can’t believe I hadn’t that figured out, probably because I’ve only really ever bothered with dailies, never bothered much with career, so never had much experience of fixing punctures.

Thanks for pointing this one out, every days a school day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

Yes!!! This was it, I experimented and that seems to have been my issue all along. Can’t believe I hadn’t that figured out, probably because I’ve only really ever bothered with dailies, never bothered much with career, so never had much experience of fixing punctures.

Did you expect the tyres to get changed while you was driving? 😕

Posted (edited)

Thought prompt would appear when still moving.

Thanks to all for sensible suggestions to help me out here

Edited by Frankiestail

6 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

Glad I could help. :) 

• Agree 1

So Greece went suprisingly well. I decided to follow it up by epic failing Australia as hard as possible.

@Dytut Epic failing Australia? You are leading 🤣

In my frustration to find a solution for my incapability to finish a rally without issues on a decent pace I tried to start as the very first with no one in front showing a time I have to beat.

Didn't worked out, still crashed hard on SS2 on a tree. Puncture.
In the 2nd leg on SS5 the exact same thing happened again (on a different spot) and I rage-quitted.

Oh well, I see a big lead for Dytut incoming 😄 

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@Dytut Epic failing Australia? You are leading 🤣

In my frustration to find a solution for my incapability to finish a rally without issues on a decent pace I tried to start as the very first with no one in front showing a time I have to beat.

Didn't worked out, still crashed hard on SS2 on a tree. Puncture.
In the 2nd leg on SS5 the exact same thing happened again (on a different spot) and I rage-quitted.

Oh well, I see a big lead for Dytut incoming 😄 

Well I did almost as bad. Punctured on leg 1, had to limp home on SS3. Couldn't fix up the car, then went ahead and punctured on SS5 and almost DNF:ed. And punctured again on SS6. 

It was my bad, really. Tried to just make a setup on the fly, and it worked horrendously. Understeery and unpredictable. Tried to adjust it at midway service, but turns out I just removed a small bit of twitchyness for a bucketload of understeer.

As soon as someone doesn't completely destroy their car they'll beat me by about 5 minutes 😄

Not too bad this time,  I always take soft tires, but i m asking myself if medium are not better for australia ??

After the debacle in Australia I decided to go for an opposite setup for Poland, aiming for a controlled run with no issues. Feels like I was braking waaaaay too much, but kept to the lines so might be OK. Could've pushed a lot more, had grip to spare. Just one small off on SS3 where I misremembered a corner. I thought it was one of the 3 that was a 5, but it was a 3 that was almost at 2. Whoops 😄

On 5/21/2020 at 12:53 AM, Dytut said:

As soon as someone doesn't completely destroy their car they'll beat me by about 5 minutes 😄

Turns out only one was slightly better 😄 
Probably no one got through Rally Australia without issues, if I look at the times.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, Freddygore said:

Not too bad this time,  I always take soft tires, but i m asking myself if medium are not better for australia ??

You lose a big part of your grip in the 3rd long stage, but it's faster overall.
But if you wanna do it save, use mediums.

9 hours ago, Dytut said:

After the debacle in Australia I decided to go for an opposite setup for Poland, aiming for a controlled run with no issues. Feels like I was braking waaaaay too much, but kept to the lines so might be OK. Could've pushed a lot more, had grip to spare. Just one small off on SS3 where I misremembered a corner. I thought it was one of the 3 that was a 5, but it was a 3 that was almost at 2. Whoops 😄

I also tried a more controlled run, in the end it was just luck I survived 😄 

SS1: Went ok. I was sometimes in front of @baunau and sometimes I lost a bit. Had one moment were I hit a tree a bit and feared a puncture, but came away with it.
SS2: Was also ok. Battled again with baunau for the lead, but had again a moment, were I crashed slightly against a tree just after the chicane. Got the lead until I came wide on the 2nd square left on tarmac after the bridge at the end of sector 7. Lost it there.
SS3: I crashed into the chicane quite late in the stage, because I was on the gras with the left side of the car and couldn't brake enough.
The car smoked a bit, but could repair everything in the service area.
SS4: Came extremely wide on a very slow square left downhill on tarmac. Was pretty far away from the track, but luckily didn't got resetted.
Cost me 2-3 seconds, but except that it was ok.
SS5: This was a very good run for the first 5 sectors, had a very big lead by then. But then I hit the bank on the side of the road and rolled. I slided on the roof around 20-30 meters over the track until it finally came to a full stop were I could manually reset the car. Got 8 seconds time-penalty. That costed me around 14 to 15 seconds time overall I think. 2-3 corners later I hit the inside of a corner and spun, another 2-3 seconds lost. No puncture and the car was quite ok after that, so I tried to finish without more issues. Normally that would have been my end of the rally, but I got away with it 😄 
SS6: Was very cautious overall, but no issues. Car felt still ok, had some vibrations coming from the car, but it went well.
SS7: Absolutely uneventful, but didn't pushed much, to end this without another drama.

Overall it was ok, my goal was to beat @Dytut to come closer in the championship and I reached it 😃

The next 2 rallies will be difficult, because shorter cars have a big advantage in the twitchy sections I guess.

• Agree 2

My first attempt for this season. The speed was there to go for victory but a crash and puncture in ss1 made me just drive for fun.

I want to use the '01 focus in a tournament on WRC Gamers Club so this was also a good test. For now I don't like the car as it is to nervous on fast corners and has to much understeer in slow corners.

Just can't find a good setup for the Impreza, I manage to get some unpredictable behaviour any which way I go 😕 

14 hours ago, Dytut said:

Just can't find a good setup for the Impreza, I manage to get some unpredictable behaviour any which way I go 😕 

Strange, thought the 08' Impreza is the easiest car to drive from that class.
But I didn't used it in a while, maybe my memories are false 😄 

My New Zealand run was okish...
Had some mistakes happened in SS2 and SS3, wich cost a bit time.
But was surprisingly close to @Snoopy43 on several stages before mistakes happened.

On SS6 sector 7 I crashed into a fence and got a puncture on the back. I had to drive on 3 wheels home, cost me about 25 seconds, I guess.
This Elsthorpe Sprint (or what it's called) stage we had in SS7 is my nemesis. In both directions I just don't have the balls to drive flat out on the "straight", so I lose always time here.

In the end, the pace wasn't good enough to beat @Snoopy43, but I come closer @Dytut...closer, closer and closer *puts pressure to the max* 😄 

Imp08 is an odd one. Smooth surfaces it is great. Bumpy? Bottoms out much easier than any other car i've driven. I have to max ride height AND stiffen everything. I imagine degraded NZ could be a nightmare on it, with some ruts being enough to trigger a bottom-out. It is not a slow car at least.

3 hours ago, Snaky115 said:

Imp08 is an odd one. Smooth surfaces it is great. Bumpy? Bottoms out much easier than any other car i've driven. I have to max ride height AND stiffen everything. I imagine degraded NZ could be a nightmare on it, with some ruts being enough to trigger a bottom-out. It is not a slow car at least.

Yeah that's my experience too. On tarmac it's great, but in on the gravel events so far it's been really hard to set up to be both fast and predictable.

In Aus I went for high and hard, and it just bottomed out at what felt like completely random times. In Poland I went high and soft, which made it more predictable but was like driving it on stilts. For NZ I went somewhere in between, and managed to find somewhat near decent settings for SS7 after some adjustments, but up until that I had some really weird understeer in the middle of the corners. I think I might be zoning in to a decent baseline setup for gravel with that, but it's been rough.

20 hours ago, Dytut said:

Yeah that's my experience too. On tarmac it's great, but in on the gravel events so far it's been really hard to set up to be both fast and predictable.

In Aus I went for high and hard, and it just bottomed out at what felt like completely random times. In Poland I went high and soft, which made it more predictable but was like driving it on stilts. For NZ I went somewhere in between, and managed to find somewhat near decent settings for SS7 after some adjustments, but up until that I had some really weird understeer in the middle of the corners. I think I might be zoning in to a decent baseline setup for gravel with that, but it's been rough.

In my opinion you can do a lot with the camber settings. Front and rear the same and you get a car with some understeer. Set the rear two clicks to the right compared to the front and you get a car which is a bit more tailhappy. Knowing that you can set it up for your personal best by fidling a bit with the cambersettings.

3 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

In my opinion you can do a lot with the camber settings. Front and rear the same and you get a car with some understeer. Set the rear two clicks to the right compared to the front and you get a car which is a bit more tailhappy. Knowing that you can set it up for your personal best by fidling a bit with the cambersettings.

It's not understeering all the time, just when trying to get power down into the corners. Seemed to have solved the worst of it by fiddling with the rear damper extension settings.

Finally starting to get somewhat to terms with the Scooby '08. Did the first leg with a decent but not great setup, but did some small adjustments for leg 2 and managed to get it dialed in to grip like hell on the front. Some small adjustments for SS7 where it just felt quite good for the first time on gravel!

Shame I lost focus in the first left 1 on SS1 and punctured 😛 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Bonne course pour moi, j'ai eu beaucoup de chance en ss3, j'ai eu un pneu crevé juste avant la fin mais j'ai pu finir avec! 

Edited by Freddygore

It is a shame that so few of us is taking part in this edition of Championship. Only 10 cars starting the event. Way too little. 

• Agree 2

I don't often make setups before rallies, but this time I had to take a little time and see if I could sort out the Imprezas suspension before Finland... and it's almost impossible. Suffice to say, this is not a car I will return to. Worst of the 2000cc class.

Did my run. Was overall clean, no real moments. Was close to the limit sometimes but without overshooting it. Think I did as good as I could in the Impreza '08, the suspension in that car is simply not meant for Finland. Horrible experience.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:13 PM, Snoopy43 said:

It is a shame that so few of us is taking part in this edition of Championship. Only 10 cars starting the event. Way too little. 

I think there are several reasons for it.

A) The club-website is absolutely awful in terms of searching for a club. You can't even filter the clubs by members in it. If you could at least filter all clubs out of the list, were less than 10 members are in, you would have 90% less clubs to look through.

B) The pandemic pushed the esport scene a bit it seems. So many clubs at the moment with long going events and prizes to win. So not much left for a small club like this. Players don't have the time to compete in all of them.

C) Very controversial now: The cockpit-view restriction is maybe a point, that keeps players away. I am ok with it, but if we want more players, we may have to re-think that part.

D) 6 long stages and 1 short one every 3 days may seem pretty much for some. But I really like that event format.

E) The restriction to 1 car per season could be also a point. But I think that's pretty important and one of the best parts of that club.

F) Some regular players didn't start in that season for whatever reason (maybe because of B).

14 hours ago, Dytut said:

I don't often make setups before rallies, but this time I had to take a little time and see if I could sort out the Imprezas suspension before Finland... and it's almost impossible. Suffice to say, this is not a car I will return to. Worst of the 2000cc class.

I have extreme problems with the S4 Rally in Finland. The jumps are just ridiculous. The car smashes on the ground on at least 3-4 jumps on Hämelahti and I can't control the landing properly.
My rund will most probably a disaster.

And because I forgot to post it until now:

Argentina was a small disaster 😄 
I remember a 10 second time penalty for an early start in SS2 followed by crashes.
On SS3 the car was already pretty heavily damaged and to top that I got a puncture midway through.
In service area I could only repair the engine, radiator and turbo and still got 10 seconds time penalty because I had not enough time.
Several other parts were still damaged.
SS4 to SS7 were pretty good, but the damage on the car made it a bit wonky at times.

Wales was ok.
No really big mistakes, only 1 or 2 times I crashed slightly into the ditch against a tree at low speed in the first leg.
The car was surprisingly pretty heavily damaged, but I could repair everything.
No real mistakes done in the whole rally, but I had low grip all the time and my runs felt pretty slow.

Had no chance against @baunau here, even in sectors were I thought being pretty good I was a second or so down.
But it was a huge close battle with @Dytut all the time and really fun.
Had a VERY good first sector in SS7 with more than 4 seconds in front, but lost control after the 5 left after the second water splash and came off the track right before the hairpin. Managed to recover quickly and finished without more issues.

Finland will be a nightmare 😄 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I would do a more "serious" club like this but i know its just a matter of time before racenet starts to act up again. Now i just move on if stuff like that happens but if i dedicate myself to run a club everytime its a new country and stuff like that happens id just be frustrated.

Edited by somethingthing

Ah yes. Scotland.

Went with a slightly tweaked Finland setup since that felt decent. Had a small off on SS2, but was generally hampered by severe understeer again. 

Did some suspension changes at service, which I hope would make the front more responsive. And ooooooh yes, it did! It was awesome to drive! 😄 But I was so in the mindset of understeer that I turned in too hard and bumped a stone on the inside. Killed the engine and punctured. Limped through SS5 and 6, max speed was about 50. Repaired the engine but nothing else for SS6, so was extremely down on power there since the turbo was pretty much dead. Oh well, c'est la vie.

• Agree 1