DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

The Safari Rally and the Weather picks are still missing.

Oops didn't realise I should do some thing.

Safari rally is Finland and as it is difficult anyway it may be bright and dry.

8 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Oops didn't realise I should do some thing.

Safari rally is Finland and as it is difficult anyway it may be bright and dry.

I think you can only pick the safari. Weather is decided by 5th in the standings...

1 hour ago, YoMrWhite said:

I think you can only pick the safari. Weather is decided by 5th in the standings...

You're right. Had a bettet look and saw I was 4th not 5th...

So safari rally is Finland.... 1 service after stage 2 (😜)

That's going to be a wreckfest. We should be posting pictures of our cars after SS7. Could be interesting. And I think about using 2 spares.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:26 PM, YoMrWhite said:

We should not wait for the Belgium's pick, because I'm sure he isn't active in this forum.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, Janneman60 said:

You're right. Had a bettet look and saw I was 4th not 5th...

So safari rally is Finland.... 1 service after stage 2 (😜)

Errghff...that's slightly sadistic.
I somehow crash out quite often the last 1-2 weeks in other club championships, I don't know why.
This could be interesting, haven't driven the Group B's in a while outside from the obvious Delta (the reason why I wanted this gentleman's agreement).

On 10/23/2020 at 3:03 PM, YoMrWhite said:

That's going to be a wreckfest. We should be posting pictures of our cars after SS7. Could be interesting. And I think about using 2 spares.

If I don't forget it and if I see the end of stage 7, sure 😄 

The League is setup and starts on wednesday midnight, good luck everyone.

In case for the future, if I take to long to notice and setup another league, I want to remind you that @baunau and @Dytut are also Admins of the legaue and I've just promoted @UnderclassGDfan to admin as well, as you are a very reliable regular participant. So any of you three can also feel free to setup a new championship for the DRC whenever the opportunity arises.

• Thanks 2

Well, that was fun. Mostly.

I chose the Metro for the season, because, you know, it's a funny car. Spins in each of the first three stages, but nothing too bad, then I left the road in SS3 and expected instant retirement (would have been in DR1), but was only hit with a 16s penalty. Tried to keep it clean in the second loop which mostly worked, until I smashed a tyre early in SS6. Nevertheless, a fun ride.

I did slightly better with a good pace, but with a few spins. Then halfway ss7 got a flat tyre which means my time is now easy to beat.

I also drive the mini, because, you know, it's a funny car 😀

• Agree 1

Sitting last at the moment. The good thing about that is I can't get any lower down the table 🤔

"I remember enjoying driving the RS200", I thought. Whooops...

Didn't help that I muddled the setup and went out on the wrong tyres for the first leg 😄 Think I had four spins on one stage...

What about not choosing Lancia and there is one in the results at the moment? 🤔

1 hour ago, Snoopy43 said:

What about not choosing Lancia and there is one in the results at the moment? 🤔

Not everybody is on this forum. This guy probably isn't. There is only one way to handle this, beat him 😀

8 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Not everybody is on this forum. This guy probably isn't. There is only one way to handle this, beat him 😀

I’m trying 😅

On 10/24/2020 at 10:52 PM, SkyRex said:

The League is setup and starts on wednesday midnight, good luck everyone.

In case for the future, if I take to long to notice and setup another league, I want to remind you that @baunau and @Dytut are also Admins of the legaue and I've just promoted @UnderclassGDfan to admin as well, as you are a very reliable regular participant. So any of you three can also feel free to setup a new championship for the DRC whenever the opportunity arises.

😘

On 10/28/2020 at 9:01 PM, Janneman60 said:

I did slightly better with a good pace, but with a few spins. Then halfway ss7 got a flat tyre which means my time is now easy to beat.

I also drive the mini, because, you know, it's a funny car 😀

You literally threw it away in SS7.
I had no chance to beat you here.
Had some trouble getting around some turns and struggled with the car a lot.

Luckily only one picked a Delta. The guy usually doesn't do a complete championship, if I remember correctly.
But maybe someone could message him, if he competes regularly?
But I don't know on what platform he is, probably not xbox 😄 

I did the club just now. Two shakedowns and it felt ok soi started the race and flipped the car in like the 4th turn or something like that. Im sure it was the devil himself that came up with right hand drive cars! 😄

*sigh* 

Had a decent setup, but a bit top heavy and somewhat jittery at speed. So couldn't push hard... tried on SS4, rolled on a quick section after a light hit just flipped the car over. Went back to a slower approach for SS5-6, then tried some setup changes for SS7 again... and rolled. Meeeeeeeh.

6 hours ago, Dytut said:

*sigh* 

Had a decent setup, but a bit top heavy and somewhat jittery at speed. So couldn't push hard... tried on SS4, rolled on a quick section after a light hit just flipped the car over. Went back to a slower approach for SS5-6, then tried some setup changes for SS7 again... and rolled. Meeeeeeeh.

I'm 4 minutes behind everyone with no spins and no issues at all...😂

Couldn't find a decent setup. The Metro was all over the place, twitchy as hell. So a lot of accidents and when the stage was clean I was still not fast enough.

An eventful Rally Sweden for me. Surprisingly many green sectors, but three high speed rolls, one or two spins and two resets cost what might have been a podium. There was no lack of trying and the Mini took some heavy beating, but the only puncture occurred after crossing the finish line in SS7. Fun!

Edited by YoMrWhite

A good USA rally. First leg maybe a bit to safe, second leg fast with only 1 minor error and a fast ss7.

Still a mystery why the car was so difficult in Sweden, here it was fantastic 😀

Car was in the bin before the end of shakedown... another 3 punctures on stage 1 and it was game over for me lol

Don't like the Mini in the USA. A spin in each of the first three stages, the third one unfortunately followed by an instant puncture as I touched the banking with the rear. Didn't change the tyre which might have been a mistake. Anyway, trhere was no chance to match the times of @somethingthing. Will do the rest tomorrow.

**** setup for the first leg, did some on the fly changes for second leg. Still not good, but faster than before. Had a little fight with @Janneman60 until SS7, where I managed to puncture somehow.