DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

That doesn't make sense.
Why then mediums (and hards) even exist, 

Exactly the question 😀

You can argue about mediums but the hard tire is pointless anyway.

I started of with 2 trips out in the forest and it gave me resets. It was just at the start of stage 1, in about the same distance that the shakedown is 😄

Luckily I didnt hit any trees so it was not much damage to the car. Miraculously I wasnt the only one that had issues and managed to catch up but it was a very close one.

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

You can argue about mediums but the hard tire is pointless anyway.

Hm, on a 12 stage event without any service areas with every stage being a long stage?
I'm in a club were that is the case, using H3 RWDs.
I used hards in all rallies so far.
Having dead tyres with RWD cars isn't much fun.

I tested now mediums.
Replicated everything as close as possible and...I was much faster.
I was 14 seconds faster on SS7 alone.

The problem is: I was also much faster on the first two stages with new mediums against new softs, wich is strange.
I was definitely more confident and was driving the car more on the limit, so I would probably need to do the same again on softs, too.
But I just can't anymore, it's too exhausting driving that car 😄 

I was 4 seconds in SS3, 9 seconds in SS4, 24 seconds in SS5, 4 seconds in SS6 and 14 seconds in SS7 faster.
But I had always medium deg I believe, but at least 1 or 2 of them were heavy deg in the club run.

The Soft vs Medium debate is an odd one. IIRC something happened pre-release that forced them to make softs last a bit longer, but it's been a very long while since i've kept the debate in my mind.

In my testing, the brutal understeer of old Softs kicks in around the 3 long stage marker, while mediums were only 1.5 long stages stronger, sometimes. It does seem to vary with gravel surface or stage degradation. I think i am more confident in saying its 3.5 longs for Softs/Tarmac, and like, 5 to 5.5 longs on Mediums/Tarmac.

Did leg 1 of NZ, went OK except overpushing a few times so had at least one off per stage.

Then thought I'd make use of the sun today, went out climbing, came home, decided to vacuum since I dragged a lot of dirt inside. When I vacuumed around the wheel I got a sudden flash from static electricity, and then it wouldn't work....

So I'll try to order a new PSU for it, but will probably not be able to drive for a little while.

• Sad 7

19 hours ago, Dytut said:

Did leg 1 of NZ, went OK except overpushing a few times so had at least one off per stage.

Then thought I'd make use of the sun today, went out climbing, came home, decided to vacuum since I dragged a lot of dirt inside. When I vacuumed around the wheel I got a sudden flash from static electricity, and then it wouldn't work....

So I'll try to order a new PSU for it, but will probably not be able to drive for a little while.

Beklagar sorgen! 😞

• Thanks 1

Well, this started bad. A puncture already in the 2e sector. At a place I know very well not to cut....

The rest of the rally was good but not relevant anymore? Untill now I am the only finisher...

For each turn i was hoping that would be the last. Apparently i wasnt the only one feeling that way because every now and then a couple of participants dropped out and in the end we were 3 left 😄

Ordered a new T300 with sparco wheel today. Not what I wanted to do, but if I get the old one running again I can always sell it to recover a bit of the cost. Hope to be back in action in a few days.

New Zealand was over very quickly. Didn't have much time to spare, so I rushed in and of course that didn't work. Punctured the left rear tire after only two sectors. Tried to go on, crashed and punctured the right front tire. With two and a half stages to go and only one spare, I did the sensible thing and retired. Need more spares, need more spare time. Spare, Shmare, Nightmare.