DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

SkyRex said:
SkyRex said:
SkyRex said:
By the way: CrazyNevada, choose the car class for the next DRC Season. 
 I think the 70's would be cool.
so it shall be.  But I will surely not drive that maniac stratos

For the next legendary I will propose  a different setup : Tuning will be allowed at every country-change. there will be two service-parks, one after 6 and one after 12 stages. And the country order will change, since it's tire-independant now, so we can get finland out of the 120km-part:
Germany-Finland1/2 - Service Park -Finland 2/2 - Monte Carlo - Service Park- Sweden - Wales - Greece (24 Stages total)
with owned cars, career engineers and totally free car choice
I honestly liked the current setup, but we could have a service park every two rallies, and have each leg be made up of different surfaces. That way the setup has to compromise for one or the other, or a balance between both.
Did the setup transfer to a new location for you?
Yep. Pretty sure the setup only changed when I got to service areas.

So lets start a little poll: How many of you felt like the setup was reset on location change and how many felt it stayed the same?
I honestly felt it stayed the same too.
So RESET: 1 vote
STAYED: 2 votes
If most of you vote for stayed I will only include tuning areas in the legendary when the tyre choice changes.

SkyRex said:
So lets start a little poll: How many of you felt like the setup was reset on location change and how many felt it stayed the same?
I honestly felt it stayed the same too.
So RESET: 1 vote
STAYED: 2 votes
If most of you vote for stayed I will only include tuning areas in the legendary when the tyre choice changes.
My idea, once again, is for us to make one setup for two tire changes, so as to either choose to strike a balance or favor one or the other. Adds a bit more strategy.

(i.e. With Sweden and Germany in one leg, you choose either a setup for Sweden, a setup for Germany, or a balanced one for both).

For me the setups reverted to default on location change, felt it very clearly between Monte and Germany, in Monte I have low geared setup, and when I started Germany, the gearing was back to normal.

My trusty old Delta Integrale carried me through this!

Though it was slow as hell, and I think the worse suspension than the 2000 class made it take more damage than I thought it would. Also found that driving with much less attack was harder than I thought it would be. I smashed my car quite a few times due to going different lines than I'm used to, and a few times even because lack of concentration due to going so slow.

Had some real bad luck moments a few times. For example, on monte I touched a parked car in the beginning of a stage and of course I got a puntcure. Figured it wasn't worth it to damage the car so I changed the tire right away. And 20 seconds later I just slighly touched a side with the back, and got ANOTHER puncture. So ran that stage as carfully as I could just to keep the tire on as long as possible. Did sacrifice a penalty minute of time just to get some extra repairs after monte/germany due to that.

In the end stages I had lost my turbo pressure completely, so hardly had any power at all. Suspension was also quite beaten so it was real hard to control. On the final stage I couldn't really go over 3rd gear 'cause then I was slowing down instead.

So, the next Season is configured (DRC Season 2 , and the next legendary)

You can check it on dirtgame.com

Cheers

EDIT: Unless somebody comes up with a better name, i called the legendary event: DiRT Legendary Trophy
Anybody graphically talented here ? If so would you have fun creating a 'Survivor' Badge for the DLT ? Maybe showing all the different surfaces in one picture or something like that.

cerique said:
I had a quick go at one, something like this?

Yes, exactly ! I like it. You could just remove the "Season 01" . The legendary will always be the same, so no need to recall the number. 

And maybe remove the username too, and write "survivor" instead. This way it would not need updating for every participant, and I would just post it in the OP and allow everybody who survived the legendary to wear it in their signature?

Sounds good to me, that way I even get to wear it! Better?

In hindsight, it's quite large. I might try a smaller version to fit into signatures without being so distracting.

EDIT: Here we go:

cerique said:
Sounds good to me, that way I even get to wear it! Better?

In hindsight, it's quite large. I might try a smaller version to fit into signatures without being so distracting.
Yes very nice. It's a shame I can't wear it yet  :D 

Good idea with a smaller version. Once you finished it I will update into the OP. Thanks for the effort :)

Edited it into my previous post. Glad to be of use!

The exclusivity makes it all the sweeter to finish, so more to look forward to for next time! ;) At least you can console yourself with a decent amount of points in the actual league, unlike me :D

cerique said:
Edited it into my previous post. Glad to be of use!

The exclusivity makes it all the sweeter to finish, so more to look forward to for next time! ;) At least you can console yourself with a decent amount of points in the actual league, unlike me :D
Thanks, I updated the OP.

According to my plan, I accepted the two and a half minutes penalty to repair as much as possible. Tried to be careful in Finland, but one single big crash with a puncture cost me a lot of time and the car looked done. The first three welsh stages went okay and I already thought about my big attack in Greece. Naturally, I crashed right at the beginning of the last welsh stage, got another puncture and decided to call it quits. So, no badge for me. Next time...

The Result of the First Legendary. You Four earned the right to wear that badge,

Now good luck to everyone in the next DRC Season starting tomorrow with Monte Carlo ;) 

It's really funny that the endurance event was my earliest retire.
So we move to 70s?

Ran over a spectator on stage 4 and crashed my car twice, so I had a damaged radiator for stage 4-6. But apart from that it went quite smooth :) Let's see for how many points this time is good for :) 

EDIT: does anybody know why headquake got banned from the forums?

Maybe ranting or cheating?  :o I've no idea. He is fast through. 
That would be game and not forum related? Or is that tied together? 
I don't think it was cheating, as his times seem prety legit to me and still a bit away from Porkys or CrazyNevadas level.
But I haven't seen him rant or swear either around here...
Strange things goin on

SkyRex said:
I don't think it was cheating, as his times seem prety legit to me and still a bit away from Porkys or CrazyNevadas level.
I'd like to point out, that it's not the time that matters, but how it was achieved. Cheater is still a human, stupid human, but human nevertheless. So there's a chance that they could use the cheats to simply be able to beat Master level without showing up as a cheating time. In any case, I don't think a forum ban after less than 20 posts was due to forum activity.

Hell, if I'm still here, it's nothing to do with his views on the forum :p

Maybe Headquake is a sneaky alias??

Now, normally RWD and I don't get on very well. Today however, somehow went smoothly and despite a few spins (including two in the exact same place, in both runs of Pra D'Alart) I'm currently 3rd. What's more, I had an absolute blast driving the Kadett. Can't remember the last time I drove it, but boy is it a lot of fun.

Obviously, my position won't last, but if I score points it's a victory for me ;) Either way, bring on more 70s action, seems I've been missing out on it!

Well, if no one else does, I will choose the Fiat 131. The car needs some love. I will regret that soon enough, but alas...

Thats me done!  

No getting near Headquake and SkyRex on the dry early stages, but when the going got tough in the wet/icy conditions, I was able to reel them both in!  The very last stage was dry again, so no way of catching up!  :)

Happy with my rally, much <3 for the Mk2! B)

I'm a RL friend of Headquakes. He has no idea why he's been banned from the forum, he tried to login this morning and found out he got banned for some unknown reason. He also has no idea who to ask or what to do to get unbanned. Anyway just letting you guys in his league know somethings wrong somewhere.

Sludge