DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Was leading after SS6 by over 1 minute 30 seconds.

Then the typical POS RaceNet-Servers kicked in, took me ages to upload my time, but there was no way to continue, so I had to go back to main menu.
Started the last stage completely out of flow and fell off the cliff, terminal damage.

I was pretty close to throw my controller to the wall and breaking the disc in many pieces.
I'm so frustrated right now, finally a really good looking run for me and then this typical weekend server BS happens again.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Had a bit of a wild ride in Monte Carlo. Sudden blackout in SS1 - turns out my younger daughter had just started a game on her pc, with my steam account. After she shut it down, I was able to continue (phew!), but was out of sync and got one of those annoying resets (8s) for breaking a wooden barrier. SS2 was free of dramas, in SS3 I destroyed a wheel near the end.

Being behind anyway, I thought I might gamble a bit and start the next three stages on softs. Let's just say that it was very entertaining, but I doubt it's the better choice. At least I could avoid a real accident and climbed the standings due to the problems of others. SS7 I was of course back on winter tyres and happy with my time.

Edited by YoMrWhite

First 2 stages I could sort of hang on to the times of @UnderclassGDfan. On stage 3, on a straight, driving in the middle of the road, I suddenly got a reset and 8 seconds penalty 😈. After that I just kept on driving good times.

We now know what happened on ss7 with @UnderclassGDfan so that gave me a big lead at the end.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Was leading after SS6 by over 1 minute 30 seconds.

Then the typical POS RaceNet-Servers kicked in, took me ages to upload my time, but there was no way to continue, so I had to go back to main menu.
Started the last stage completely out of flow and fell off the cliff, terminal damage.

I was pretty close to throw my controller to the wall and breaking the disc in many pieces.
I'm so frustrated right now, finally a really good looking run for me and then this typical weekend server BS happens again.

Same thing happened to me in Wales did the first 3 Stages and I was doing ok, then after Service RaceNet Servers let me down again and I got a DNF for Stage 4 (Should be DNStart). The same thing happened yesterday competing in The Welsh Rally Club after completing 9 Stages the Servers would not connect to Clubs so I could not complete the 10th and last stage.:classic_angry:

I am investing a lot of emotional effort and time into these competitions, so it's very disappointing when all that effort is wiped out Server side.

No more Clubs for me until RaceNet Servers are more robust.

• Sad 1

@Dunoon1956 Yeah, they are more unstable than usual, really annoying lately.

I hope the devs think of some sort of a backup function for the next game, so if the servers are shi**y again, we can save the times locally and upload them later. Could be at least an option for small clubs like ours.
I don't think any of us has ambitions to manipulate the times.

It really kills the motivation to participate further.
With 17 points behind realistic chances on the title are gone already.
*puts sugar in @Janneman60's C3 R5 petrol tank*

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Had a few problems of my own. Racenet wouldn't upload the result after SS2, so I had to wait a bit and try a few times. After SS3, the game crashed while I was in service, so luckily I could continue.

The rally itself went quite well, apart from SS5, where two crashes - one with a reset penalty - ended the fight with @denim398. Recovered and managed to stay ahead of @UnderclassGDfan and @baunau. So, not so bad after all.

• Agree 2

A rally with a lot of problems. At the shakedown the engine let go. The crew replaced it and noticed some sticky stuff in the fuel tank. So they had to clean that and the fuel lines as wel. Rumours said some crewmembers of @UnderclassGDfan were near the car but well, rumours.

Then the rally itself, I lost a bit in ss1. Ss2 I was going faster untill I hit a pile of wood halfway the stage. The flat tire let me drop down to 8th place. I was mad at myself and choosed to go flat out from there.

That went realy well. From 8th to 6th to 5th and in the end back to 3th place. Not that bad.

This is for me a busy week, and then away for a weekend holiday 😉

So I drove New Zealand already. As always this is my most difficult rally, so not sure if my speed was any good. In any case I didn't make major mistakes.

Good luck to all.

Half time report - sort of. SS1 was reasonably fast with only one mistake, SS2 started good and of course just when I felt comfortable, I left the road in a slow and tight left and had to reset. Then I made the classic error in trying to catch up. Soon enough, I had a major crash, followed by an enormous penalty. I didn't see the time, but it had to be about one minute, because at the next split, I was already about 2 minutes down. Is that possible? Anyway, I limped home on three tyres, my codriver repeatedly asking, if we might be down on power. We surely were, as in the next stage, I lost another 2 minutes just crawling through the stage, going ever slower.

Maybe I'll try to finish tomorrow and salvage some points, today I really haven't got the patience for it.😣

Rally Australia started very well and after ss3 I had a decent lead of over 20 seconds. I won ss4, but halfway ss5 on a fast section the dog barked. Distracted for a moment I hit something and the car rolled into the trees, terminal damage . Damn.

I think I take the dog for a walk now, not mad at him. 🦮

Decent pace for me in Australia, but was really hard to get the suspension good for the space star. Such a slim margin until it overloads and all hell breaks loose 😛

Had two offs, one which I had to reset. Not horrible... but then I managed to get a puncture on SS6, lost me a lot of time.

Australia - same procedure as every year... A spin in SS1, a good SS2 and then a small mistake in SS3, just as I felt really fast. Touched a bank at high speed, spun and suddenly both left tyres were gone. Radiator and engine were of course damaged, too, so I decided to spare me another agony like in NZ. There, I tried to go on, but in SS4, the car was going ever slower and finally just stopped on a uphill passage. Down under wasn't kind to me this time.

Went to greece, thought "Hey, my wales setup usually go well as a base for greece"... But I had forgot how bad wales went for me. Changed to my USA setup for SS7, which was much better. After the rally I deleted my wales and greece setups, since they were complete **** 😛

When I have a look at the standings, my biggest opponent seems @denim398. So after some practise my goal was to beat him.

But disaster already in ss1, I had a lot of trouble with my VR, somewhile had to drive almost blind and lost 20 seconds...

I could repair it and after that drove almost the same stagetimes. After ss7 the difference was... 20 seconds.

OK let it be decided in the last round 😀

A nice dutch duel we have here... As for most of the season, I couldn't keep up with the fastest times. Greece is usually one of my better rallies, but I just keep overdriving the car. Two stages were clean, in the others I had small spins, a blown tyre, one reset. Very inconsistent.

I was thinking the same when I checked the time's and saw those 20 seconds in your ss 1 @Janneman60. Very nice to see some events we were very close. I just need to be little more cautious next championship. 😅

It was evident that to win this championship I had to finish. So I started carefull and tried to stay in reach of @denim398. The first 3 stages that worked very well. By keeping out of trouble I was second at that moment.

After ss4 I was a bit more behind. Because it was going very well I thought to be a bit faster, and won ss5 and ss6. Now I had a small lead, made no mistake in ss7 and am now leading.

Probably Snoopy smashes my time but the championship is mine 🍻

I did what I tend to do with the space star; have fun and crash 😄

• Haha 1

Had a super frustrating rally.
Puncture without a spare on SS1, a good SS4 and a super crazy crash in SS5 (car went crazy on landing and rolled around 10-15 times).
After that I had 2 punctures, broken steering and radiator/engine-damage, so no point in continuing the rally.

Well I hoped to keep 3rd place, but seeing the results in the championship standings, it got worse with every rally 😅

Don't know what the problems really was, I was motivated, car felt well and was fun to drive.
Maybe since the car was mostly easy to drive I just went over my limit too many times, had several times a good pace, but ruined it at some point with a crash.

Well, well...

What's next?
Hopefully not R5 again.
Some RWD-action maybe?