Results from Germany:

Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 Founderthat_guyAudi Sport quattro Rallye38:20.055--
2 FounderSkyRexFord RS20039:12.053+00:51.998
3 FounderDaryl WillcoxMG Metro 6R439:52.918+01:32.863
4 FounderbaunauLancia 037 Evo 239:54.401+01:34.346
5 FounderAreteLancia 037 Evo 241:21.214+03:01.159
6 FoundernationalwheelAudi Sport quattro Rallye41:53.145+03:33.090

that_guy takes a solid 1st before SkyRex. Daryl Willcox fights his way into 3rd with the 6R4 by a slim 1.5s margin in front of Baunau. Arete in 5th, 30s in front on nationalwheel.

And the championship standings after Germany:
RankNamePoints
1SkyRex111
2that_guy104
3Arete62
4baunau58
5Daryl Willcox37
6Blink30
7nationalwheel26
8Rets1972™16
9Xirivella ?10
10Latimer8

Things are getting interesting. The top fight between SkyRex and that_guy is very much alive, where that_guy needs to take at lest 7 points on SkyRex in Wales. The 037 challenge for 3rd will also be settled in Wales, where baunau has to take at least 4 points from Arete. Daryl Willcox moved up into 5th, but can still be challenged by Blink and nationalwheel.

On to Wales!

Hmm.. the fight for first will be interesting indeed. If @roustabout wins and @skyrex takes 2nd, it will be even on score. And you'll have the same placements over 6 rallies. No idea what racenet counts after that. Aggregate time? :-)

As for the 037 challenge, I know @baunau and me have had a hard time breaking into the top 2 places with the 037. If baunau wins Wales, I'm screwed. If baunau takes 2nd or lower I have to be 3rd. Most probably me, baunau and @YoMrWhite will fight for 3rd place, and if baunau get 3rd I will have to get 4th to keep him behind me. If @YoMrWhite beats us and takes 3rd and baunau 4th and I have the misfortune of ending in 6th then we'll be even on points.

That's Wales done for me and I couldn't be happier. Did a few shakedowns just to check my old setup, but I guess my preferences and/or driving style has changed a lot since the last time I used it, so I ditched it and opted for a slightly modified version of my Finland setup (soft and squishy ftw!). Turns out it wasn't such a bad idea since the car was able to deal with the nasty bumps whenever I dared place a wheel outside of the road.
So, SS1 felt really good, was able to push a bit more than usual and managed to keep it clean. A bit over-confident going into SS2, and my concentration started slipping, so I had a couple of "oh, no!" moments in the first and last sector. Luck was definitely on my side, though, and I don't think I lost more than 10 secs in total. Back in form on SS3, clean stage, kept on pushing. SS4 was really good until about halfway in, where I understeered into a bunch of trees, but managed to back out and get back on the road just before the reset timer reached zero.
Stages 5, 6 and 7 were clean and I kept pushing all the way to the end.
I was aiming for a total time below 40 minutes (ambitious) but ended on 40:34.533, which I'm really happy with!

Ok, @Dytut, I've done my best, let's see what you've got... :wink:
(Seriously, though, best of luck and have fun!)

The last rally of the season: I really can't complain :)  I opted for a really cations 'slow is smooth, smooth is fast' approach and it worked out marvelously. (especially since I 'might' win just by being second, depending on how racenet counts in case of equality) The only thing was I scratched a bunch of tree-logs on stage four in the night-rain, but that was it. Very very consistent times (Not overly fast but I hope that consistency will be the key to a fast overall)
@baunau Some very very fast stages from you, some only 1sec behind my 4WD in you RWD car, very astounding ! Edit: On stage 3 you actually beat my RS200 by over two seconds! Now thats very impressive!

Now the battle for the season victory is on. Either it will be the amercian guy with the german car.... or the german guy with the american branded car....

But what a season ! I never would've thought I come even close to victory in a GROUP B season! I also never would've thought I would ever win an event in finland against real people in any car ! Despite the unplanned summer-break this was the most intense DRC season so far for me, very awesome!

(P.S. I said 'american branded' because the RS200 is actually more of a european car (developed in britain I believe...?! ), despite wearing the FMC-badge) 

Thank you, @SkyRex! Noticed your times popping up and was thrilled (and a bit surprised) that I managed to keep the gap as small as I did. It's often difficult to gauge your own performance while in the thick of it; e.g. when you feel like you're pushing hard, you're actually making a lot of small mistakes, costing many precious seconds etc., but this time I found a good flow while balancing on the edge of my capabilities (something the 037 was real quick to remind me of a few times).
I agree that this has been a memorable season and a lot of it (for me) has to do with stepping out of ones comfort-zone by allowing only cars that can be quite difficult (or downright weird) to drive. :smile:

Well I broke my rule about not doing leagues after training since I don't have the energy to concentrate (but tonight was the only real chance to do it). And paid for it. Took a slowish SS1 just to feel out the pace, and felt like I could push a bit more. On SS2 I went a little bit faster, and it felt good. But then Wales decided that i hated me. Was just slightly out of line and gently touched the side of the track. And got flipped upside down. Reset.
Soldiered on, thinking I might just still recover from this. A minute later, same thing again. Touched the side, and instead of just nudging the car a bit I got flipped straight over again.

After that I was just fuming. Tried to concentrate and get back into driving but I was feeling bummed out of my battle with @baunau which I had looked forward to so much. This was not the way it was supposed to happen. Retired on SS6 after blowing off some steam by actively trying to kill every tree I found. Childish, perhaps, but I felt a bit better :-P

Grats on the 037 challenge victory @baunau. Awesome driving in Wales, and very good on the season as a whole. Was exciting and fun, sorry I couldn't end it better. 

You're not the only prone to those occasional attacks of immature conduct in this league, rest assured.

:D

I'ts just a pity your fight had to end this way. Furthermore - not trying to rub salt in your wounds - even a finish solidly behing @baunau might have been enough to stay ahead of him in the standings.

I'll try to squeeze in my run today. Hoping for a podium.

For next season: Like @baunau said, that choice of cars was very interesting. Another multi-class lineup for next season would be great.

Oh man. Decent first stage, after that a myriad of spins, crashes, resets, rolls... The MG really told me some lessons there. Then after SS6, Racenet wouldn't upload my time and threw me out.

I was about 3.30 behind at that time (2.52 after SS5). As there is no checkpoint after SS1, I would have to do everything again. Don't think I will do that. Stupid ending to a fun season.

Okay, edit this one. I was actually able to do the last stage and complete the rally now. Nice.

A whopping 4.12 behind the leader is not so nice of course. The MG was really bouncing around like mad. Was it me, was it the setup, is the car like this in Wales, I don't know. It's over, it's good.

Such a shame, @Dytut. Ending the season on a sour note like that just plain sucks and I take no pleasure in having won the challenge due to your misfortune (it's part of rally, I know, but still...). Then again, this was never about "who's #1" for me, but rather the additional thrill of going toe-to-toe with someone I've been chasing on the leaderboards for a while. :)

YoMrWhite said:

...The MG was really bouncing around like mad. Was it me, was it the setup, is the car like this in Wales, I don't know. It's over, it's good.

Glad to hear you made it through! The MG is one of the cars I've hardly touched since getting it fully upgraded and every time it's been featured in the dailies, it has ended in tears for me. Maybe it's time I gave it a proper chance, see if I can make any sense of it?

baunau said:
Glad to hear you made it through! The MG is one of the cars I've hardly touched since getting it fully upgraded and every time it's been featured in the dailies, it has ended in tears for me. Maybe it's time I gave it a proper chance, see if I can make any sense of it?
Its default setup is set up in such a way that the Metro thinks it's RWD. Fix that and it's heavenly to drive.

baunau said:
The MG is one of the cars I've hardly touched since getting it fully upgraded and every time it's been featured in the dailies, it has ended in tears for me. Maybe it's time I gave it a proper chance, see if I can make any sense of it?
You'll make much more sense of it than I did, that's for sure. Of course, in Wales, there was a lot of good old-fashioned bad driving from my side involved. Easily my worst showing of the season.

And the exact results from Wales are lost, since I didn't get them in time and they go away once the season is over :-P

Iirc the first four were:
1. SkyRex
2. Baunau
3. that_guy
4. Daryl Willcox

Oh well, the championship results are in at least:
RankNamePoints
1SkyRex136
2that_guy119
3baunau76
4Arete62
5Daryl Willcox49
6Blink38
7nationalwheel26
8Rets1972™16
9GHosT10
10XiriBox10

With the win in Wales SkyRex takes the season win in front of that_guy after an intense battle over the whole season. Baunau gets the 3rd place after a very impressive 2nd place in the 037 in Wales.

Big congratulations to the podium, and to all who participated in the league! Multiple fights over the whole board for the whole season :-)

SkyRex will now get to choose the theme for the next season, and I hope to see you all again next season :-)

Very Nice !! 
I'm very happy my performance was enough to claim victory :) And that with the Group B ! Awesome

For the next season pick: @roustabout , I would like to pass the choice to you, as I am two weeks abroad during the next season and would miss the most part anyways. 

(But I had a little idea: For the season after the next season, what would everybody think of an 'open' round then? Meaning, Open to every class there is! Some if not most classes are obviously better than some others, but I think especially 2010, 2000 and Group B (and on some tracks Group A and KitCar ) can pull very similar times where the difference could be as much on the cars as on driving errors. And I think it would be nice to see such a multi-car-class competition? ) 

Cheers

SkyRex said:
Very Nice !! 
I'm very happy my performance was enough to claim victory :) And that with the Group B ! Awesome

For the next season pick: @roustabout , I would like to pass the choice to you, as I am two weeks abroad during the next season and would miss the most part anyways. 

(But I had a little idea: For the season after the next season, what would everybody think of an 'open' round then? Meaning, Open to every class there is! Some if not most classes are obviously better than some others, but I think especially 2010, 2000 and Group B (and on some tracks Group A and KitCar ) can pull very similar times where the difference could be as much on the cars as on driving errors. And I think it would be nice to see such a multi-car-class competition? ) 

Cheers

Yeah, that'd be a fun season :-) I've been playing a little bit in a league that is open like that, and it's interesting to see. The 205 and the Delta S4 seem to be in a class of their own, but other than that group A to 2010s are somewhat competitive with each other. I'd probably go for a Delta Integrale if all was open.

@roustabout has some problems logging in to the CM boards, but here's what he wrote on Steam:
Ah, thanks for the heads-up. Never had this happen before, and I'm able to login to Racenet to view leagues / events just fine. Tried it under Firefox, Chrome (disabling anything that may be blocking), then finally Opera (which I've never used, should have been a clean slate). All run me in a loop. I'll just be patient and try, try again. :-)
As for the next season... The Alpine in the 60s class is out of the league of the others, but the Lancia and Mini are pretty close (within 5hp). Might be interesting, although it may get tedious doing an entire season in these slow-pokes. I'm already in a 70s and 80s season, FWD in another, GrpB in yet another and there's always a 2010 or GrpA going, but we miss out on the 60s. Hopefully I'll have an answer before I'm able to get back on the CM forums.

Cheers for setting up a new season, @SkyRex, was starting to get a bit restless while waiting for my regular fix of the DRChampionship. Just a shame you won't be able to join us for this one, though...
I've left a message for roustabout over at Steam, asked if there's anything we can do from here to help sort out his login issues (reach out to ChristinaMc, perhaps?).

Anyway, Monte... I'm sticking to my "pick the car you're least familiar with" approach, which in this case was the Fulvia, so I'm curious to see if its extra weight will leave me at a major disadvantage or not. I have driven it enough to get it fully upgraded, but don't have any setups saved so I just "fiddled with some bits" (not really knowing what I was doing) and hoped for the best.
There's really not that much to say about my performance on the individual stages as there were no incidents that set me back several seconds, but there were more than a few corners I could/should have carried my momentum through better than I did (still haven't memorized the stages after 600+ hours!). However, it did feel like my flow improved a little bit after having fine-tuned the gears at the service area after SS4.

Chose the fulvia for the same reason as @baunau, it's the one I've the least experience in. Found a setup that felt OK, but I had a few moments where I lost a lot of time. Had a spin where I ended up backwards on a tight road on SS1, and two smaller spins on SS6 (I think). Had some real problems getting a good feel for the car though. Think I had the brakes too far rear, so downhill braking was risky. Lost time to @baunau even on the stages where I didn't spin. 

I'm back!  :smile:
Thanks @ChristinaMc for getting that worked out, very much appreciated.

Had fun through Monte with my Mini.  Felt the event went fairly well, though I still had some setbacks (went wide on a lay-by, missed the cars but clobbered the wall).  We'll see how well I can maintain coming up in Sweden...  

I had to squeeze in Sweden today, without any chance for practise and with some long breaks between stages and once even during a stage. Finished just 20 minutes before the deadline.

Considering this, my performance wasn't too bad. About a half dozen spins and a lot of minor mistakes, but the Fulvia felt good and I had some fun. I hope to get into more of a flow in the next rallies.

Greece finished. Controlled drive, no big mistakes, but I found it near impossible to carry speed through corners that were not going downhill. In the uphill passages the car just wouldn't accelerate when I was in third or fourth gear. Maybe I should have shortened the gears even more? Greece seems to just sap power from your engine. What's your take?

Yeah, Greece is that way for me as well...  I always think of it as a high-altitude event, so shorter gears are usually a must in all cars.  Uphill sections doubly so...  :-)

I'll run through Greece later today, I'll let you know if it's the same for the Mini.

Greece done for me as well. I use really short gears on all my cars but, like @YoMrWhite, I also struggled with 3rd and 4th in the uphill sections. Going by the numbers, your Mini should have a minor advantage over the Fulvia, @roustabout (welcome back, btw!).
Except for the aforementioned uphill struggle and the painfully slow hairpins, I had a real fun rally. The excitement when you finally get your speed up, especially in the downhill sections, and know you have to nail every corner or lose a bunch of precious seconds. Good stuff!
Quite pleased with my performance, no major mistakes to mention.

Having a problem with Leagues and RaceNet.  I can run the Daily/Weekly/Monthly, but when I go into Leagues it checks for expired leagues, then says "RaceNet service not available, try again later".  Short of removing all remaining leagues (which I'm hesitant to do), I've tried pretty much everything else.  I'll keep trying...

Edit:  Got into leagues, one of the leagues still on my list caused all the rest not to work.  :-(
Anyway, not my best driving through Greece I guess, though it felt pretty quick.  Saved at final stage, will finish up tonight.

Made it through, but with no real speed. Thought I shortened the gears enough, but had a real hard time getting any power.  Got one of those silly spectator resets on SS1 where the front that was hardly moving nudged a spectator on the inside of a hairpin :-/ Had 2 stages where I kept within reach of @Snaky115 at least, but that did't make up for the two runs of tsiristra thea where I lost about a minute in total.

SURPRISE. :D I just had to spice up Greece a little for y'all. I think i only noticeably lost time on second Tsiristra Thea, and even that was just 2 seconds compared to first one, somehow, should've been way more.

Panic's times intrigue me, he gained a lot of time on stage 2 and 3, but then proceeded to fall off, much to my luck. I hope i'll remember to check those times later.

Dytut said:
Had no time to do finland unfortunately :-/

Which - combined with the fact that @baunau didn't drive the last stages - allowed me to finish 3rd. Woohoo! Out of 3. Hmmm...

On the other hand, that wasn't a bad drive. But I hope we have some more competitors in Germany and Wales.

YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:
Had no time to do finland unfortunately :-/

Which - combined with the fact that @baunau didn't drive the last stages - allowed me to finish 3rd. Woohoo! Out of 3. Hmmm...

On the other hand, that wasn't a bad drive. But I hope we have some more competitors in Germany and Wales.

Yeah, I noticed yesterday that a new event had started, then it hit me that I forgot to finish Finland. D'oh!
Must admit, I've been too distracted testing- and getting used to the HTC Vive with Dirt Rally (which is quite a rush, btw), but will make sure to participate in Germany and Wales.

Finally, a decently clean and fast ending to the season. Probably not even near a podium, but at least I didn't have a major crash every few turns. Did go off the road on SS6, but managed to get back without losing too much time.

Had a lot of fun in Germany, and other than smacking a hinkelstein and maybe an off, I had a pretty clean event.

Wales started out nicely but I got caught out by the right-hand-drive a couple of times, clipping something and sending me off.  Oh well, still have the last stage to go.

So by the looks of it @Simoniti has claimed the season win in front of @roustabout / that_guy and @baunau (who might be able to claim 2nd place if he wins wales).

Well driven, and congratulations :-) As the winner, you will get to choose the car class for the next season @Simoniti. @SkyRex had a proposition about doing a free choice season, where any car is on the board (still have to do the whole season in the same car though). 

Well, that was an underwhelming experience... Could not get comfortable with the Fulvia today and I'm not really sure whether it was down to a lousy setup or an even worse driver. Probably a good combination of the two. Struggled with understeer throughout which had me go off-road several times, losing too many precious seconds.
Changed to the default tuning at the service stage after SS3, which did help some, but it wasn't until after the second one (tweaked the camber) that the car became more to my liking.
Bring on the next season!

Haven't really had the time to do reports this season, but here's the end results at least:

RankNamePoints
1Simmoniti92
2that_guy83
3baunau73
4Snaky11565
5Arete61
6Daryl Willcox47
7Panic42
8[HTB²] XiriBox25
9Bludistak4
10EinsZwei4

Congrats to Simmoniti for the season win, some impressive runs, and well driven to all the rest of you :-) Been a fun season with lots of ups and downs for most of us. Think we've had 5 different winners, which is good to see!

Simmoniti gets to choose the theme for next season, which I guess we'll set up to start on monday so we get a few days break before the next season. If no choice is made I think we'll default to the suggestion of doing a all cars season where you can choose any car.

I'm back! 
Had a great adventurous contrasting holiday and made lots of videos, but now the everyday-life has me back. 
Very nice 60's season you guys seemed to have had! Monday sounds great for the beginning of the next season. Congrats to Simmoniti for the Championship-victory and yes you should really consider chosing a Open-Class-Season, I think that would be very interesting (but I said that before ;P ) 

Just a quick heads-up that I'm back in the game and definatly in the next season (Although I have to pause FH3 for a moment then. It actually worked right away on my PC and that from a Microsoft-product... wonders still happen XD ) 

Cheers

(if anybody is interested in watching some drone-footage of Iceland, just let me know in a private message and I will share a/some video link(s) with you via pm. Thats nothing that would fit publicly into a DR-forum)

Season has been set up.
No vehicle restrictions!
Remember, you can pick one(!) vehicle, you still have to stick with it throughout the whole season.

Should be fun to see the choice everybody is going to make
Good luck everybody!

Dytut said:
Gonna be real hard to choose. Wondering if I should go with one of my favourites or try one that I haven't familiarized myself with yet. I've hardly touched the countryman WRC since upgrading it for example.

The Countryman isn't a bad choice. It's quite stable and not much slower than the Polo. Did some decent times in another league with it, so I won't use it here. I'm tempted to use one of the beasts, maybe even the Peugeot 205. Could be embarrassing, though. It's a tough choice to make, that's for sure.

Well crap.... 
I setup a new OS on a SSD to accelerate my PC a bit. saved all the important data from the old HDD before deleting the system stuff. 
But I completely forgot that steams save-games aren't stored in the user-folder (like for most other stuff) but it actually saves them in the steam folder in the Program Files folder... which i deleted, because fresh installs are prefered for a new system.

So my save is gone (no I do not use steam cloud stuff)  -.-
Hmm, do I drive a little to get some engineers and stuff before I do the first event, or do I jump into it knowing that every bit of damage will effectivly be persistent..... 

Dytut said:
I think @Porkhammer hinted that @Hatward might set you up with some cash and engineers if you manage to mess up your saves, so you might send him a PM.

Or just try do drive without breaking the car too much ;-)
Yup provide me with your name on Steam (the one that you see on an online leaderboard) and how much cash you need to build your team back up.