Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Hi, i joined up, my in-game name is Diplomatti, as is my steam name. feel free to add me on steam if you'd like too, let me know you are from DRC in the request though. thanks. Looking forward to losing to you guys :) just done the latest rally, Sweden, finished a bit battered and bruised, but i wasn't last after the first few stages so I'm happy with that.
Sweden was fun!

Decent pace when I didn't mess up, think I was actually fastest on SS6 which is a new one for me :-D
Hamra was my achilles heel, manage to spin twice on the first round through and then spin badly and almost crash on the second round.

Currently at 3rd which is surprisingly good for me :-)
I just noticed there is a missing n in the thread title in "ChampioNship" :p 
Funny how the thread has progressed to page 17 before someone noticed that. I'll correct it.

I will probably not participate this Season because real life stuff needs some attention
Well @CrazyNevada was untouchable. I drove at my own pace, and most stages went OK. Hade some silly offs, and one sloooooow slide into a spectator at a hairpin. SS3 was particularly horrible, misjudged a bend and slid off and had to reset. Then went straight off in the next curve, tried to reverse out but stuck my tail end on something and had to reset anyways. Arrrgh.

After a decent first stage, I messed up big time in the second, having two crashes and two resets. More spins, at least two resets, two punctures and one high speed roll followed. 7th at the moment. Could have been better. Much better.

Now the game tells me there is a problem downloading the leaderboards and I can't leave the screen. If I kill the game off, will my times disappear?

The game really hated me on SS1 in germany. On the way to the start it veered off to the right, so I had to start by reversing out into the track and get going, so 5-6 sceonds lost from there. Had a small off and lost 5-6 seconds more after that.
Managed to claw back a lot of time on SS2 and SS3 though, so I have my hopes up for a good finish :-)
Just finished - slipping from 6th to 9th in the last 2 stages - and wanted to look at the standings. There's the error 500 message again- and the total points in the standings don't look good either (read: inflated). It seems there is still some kind of bug.
Well I still got that 500 Error for the league....

Seems this is dead. I will have to delete it and create a new one instead I think. Probably at the weekend.

By the way, two questions: does anybody know if the 'more than 6 leagues' issue is gone or still present?

And how many of you have a full league roster already? Because I thought of splitting the league up into two: one for the DRC and one for the DRC-Legendary, would make copy-pasting seasons and checking results a lot easier for both competitions. Would anybody have a problem with that?

Cheers
"Huzzah!" for two new seasons of my favorite league! Was really looking forward to trying the legendary after the 500 error ruined the fun last season, but, alas, it struck again... :(
Obligatory "Hi!" to the community seeing as this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while, though, but aiming to participate more throughout the season(s).
Good luck to all and looking forward to our (friendly) battles on the leaderboard.
Finally got to try the legendary. It was... brutal! :D
Decided that the 2007 Focus would be the perfect tool for the job and it did not disappoint (not until the very end, that is). Wasn't sure how much I could push it but I found a good rhythm and was doing mostly clean runs, with only a few half-spins and a couple of minor crashes that didn't cost me too much time. Got to the very last stage, struggling to stay focused and trying not to buckle under the pressure.
Then, about 2 minutes into the stage and, "boom!", driveshaft failure! Oh, well, there's always next season.