Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

new season starts on sunday
heres the new league link
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/39043/drchampionship

Since nobody was able to finish last season due to bugs i decided I will just choose 2010s to go with in the next one. Hope thats fine for everone. Good luck 
I'm in, already signed up! I like the 2010s, so no complaints there.

Oh dear. Two people who have 6+ leagues. Time to leave this league too
I don't understand what this 6+ league bug is.. I just tried joining more than six leagues to see what would happen, and I am not sure how you're supposed to be able to restart if you have more than six leagues..
I was wondering about the same thing earlier and managed to find the post were Rinus described it: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/160720/#Comment_160720
At one point I was actually subscribed to 6+ leagues and think I remember something about being able to restart an event I was sure I had already completed. Wasn't aware of this being a potential exploit at the time, though (...and didn't use it either).
baunau said:
I'm in, already signed up! I like the 2010s, so no complaints there.

Oh dear. Two people who have 6+ leagues. Time to leave this league too
I don't understand what this 6+ league bug is.. I just tried joining more than six leagues to see what would happen, and I am not sure how you're supposed to be able to restart if you have more than six leagues..
I was wondering about the same thing earlier and managed to find the post were Rinus described it: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/160720/#Comment_160720
At one point I was actually subscribed to 6+ leagues and think I remember something about being able to restart an event I was sure I had already completed. Wasn't aware of this being a potential exploit at the time, though (...and didn't use it either).
Yes, but when i had 6+ leagues nothing happened. I couldn't restart..
I began Monte today, head up high, and ready to roll, with my trusty Polo and my favorite all round setup good to go.

Then the game kicked me in the balls and sent me off a cliff.

I had done SO well on the first stage, then knackered it on the second, and then missed the "slippy" in a pacenote, which was when I careened into the French Alps.
Just joined the league, we'll see how it goes here in a bit.  Usually make it through Monte without any real drama *knocks wood*...

Update:  Just finished these seven stages...  fairly uneventful, just minor damage from scrapes to a wall here and there.  Closest I got to a stage win was SS7,  0.1s off the fastest time.  So close!

Times are posted on the board, but I got this message and had to exit the game to escape from it.  We'll see if I have any issues next time I hop on.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/921aba478473404
Ok, done! Really pleased with my performance, except a few minor scrapes, and ended only 1.017 seconds behind the leader. But, will have to keep it nice and clean in the next one or else my mechanics will have to put in some overtime. :)
There we go, Sweden all done!

Had a spin on SS1, and a small off on SS3. Managed to keep @roustabout behind me for the first three stages somehow. Felt like I had a decent safe tempo in general. Was foolish and tried to push hard on S7 which I paid for dearly by letting the car roll around in the snow like a happy puppy. Luckily I ended up on the wheels, so hope I only lost about 10 seconds from it.

Sweden done. It's always weird to readjust your driving if you're coming from monte. Monte has sharp and defined walls and lots of grip (tramac) so you drive like an utter lunatic... sweden is more bumpy, snowy borders and slippery so the constant flow and car control are much more important. 

@Dytut
How in the world did you managed to be so fast in the second half ?! I beat you in the first and I made mistakes there, My times in second half were faster but yours were a lot faster than that still O.o ? Setup tips?
That's me done, as well.
Couldn't resist the Polo as it has been a while since I've taken it for a spin. Opted to tweak my old tuning a bit, a quick shakedown later and off we went. Took a semi-aggressive approach from the start and was very surprised when I won the two first stages (~10 seconds lead at that point, I think), so I knew you guys must've been playing in the snow there.
SS3 and onward, I decided to go hunting for møøse as I haven't seen one in-game yet. Quick-tip, they don't hide in the snow banks... :|
Most important, though, it was fun and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
SkyRex said:
Sweden done. It's always weird to readjust your driving if you're coming from monte. Monte has sharp and defined walls and lots of grip (tramac) so you drive like an utter lunatic... sweden is more bumpy, snowy borders and slippery so the constant flow and car control are much more important. 

@Dytut
How in the world did you managed to be so fast in the second half ?! I beat you in the first and I made mistakes there, My times in second half were faster but yours were a lot faster than that still O.o ? Setup tips?
I really don't know. I drove the same almost default setup the whole event, just changed the front suspension one notch stiffer because the front was a bit jittery and then it felt fine. Think I just got into zen rally mode for SS4-SS6, Everything felt safe and easy, could drive close to the limit of the car without actually pushing it too far. Every small mistake was easily corrected. 
Finally done with the legendary and this time I actually made it to the end in one piece (more or less)! :)
Except for a minor crash into some trees on the very first stage, the rest of the rally went very smooth. That is until I get to stage # 20 and the car starts making all kinds of weird noises, followed by the co-driver asking me if the engine is OK (oh, goodie, another DNF waiting to happen...).
From there on out, it's all about survival as I go through the last three stages at 40-50% throttle, keeping the revs as low as possible, no throttle when going downhill etc.