Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Really excited about Wales tonight! I just hope I can stay clear of the berms of death and keep the Polo well clear of the trees.
Looks like a solid performance from you, @roustabout , congrats! Good luck to the rest of you! :)

Disappointing event - once more. This is not my season.

My speed was good, as I was close behind @roustabout after SS3, despite a jump start in SS1 and one spin in each of the following stages. Then in SS4 and SS5, I tried to attack but had two of those vintage Hyundai moments: half rolls, staying on the side for an eternity until deciding to fall back on its wheels.

So, at the start of SS6, I should have just cruised to the end. Which I did not, of course. With my concentration fading, I had two resets and then hit a tree in fifth gear, prompting instant retirement.

Next season, I will surely think very hard before I decide on the car to use. Except the R5 is one of the cars available, of course...

I was quite excited before this final event and did a single stage as a warm-up (first run of the night) just to see if I was "feeling it" today, couldn't risk going in "cold". Fine-tuned my setup, hit the stage and decided it was good enough to use in the final rally.
After my blunder during the last event (driving the wrong car), I made sure to double-check my car selection before starting this one. ;)
Figured I might as well go out with a bang and pushed as hard as I could right out of the gate. To my surprise, I managed to keep the Polo on the road and even stay confident through corners/sections where I'd usually mess up (and brace for impact). Except for a half-spin and full stop in a R1 on SS4, the rest of the rally was incident-free and I don't think I could have driven any better. Extremely happy with my performance tonight! :)
Looking forward to see how my times stack up against @SkyRex and @Dytut . Good luck and have fun, gents! :)
Oh dear.

My plan was to go out for a quick round of disc golf and then get home in good time to warm up with the dailies and a cup of coffee. 
That didn't happen.
The disc golf round took faaaaar longer than planned, and once I got home I had 1,5 hours to complete wales. Figured I just had to do the best I could even tired as hell in the short time I had available (with loading times an event takes about an hour).
SS1 was.... awful. No concentration at all. Barrel rolled the car after a few corners. Touched a stone and had to reset a few corners later. Understeered on into the forest a near the end. In short, total disaster!
Took a few minutes to refocus, and then continued on. I had to finish, or my chances were lost.
SS2-SS5 I managed to keep the car on the road, but just barely. Kept to the lines and managed to win some stages, but no chance in hell to take bake the time lost on SS1. Managed to get that_guy behind me at least, so kept my focus on that.
SS6 was where my concentration was lost again. One barrel roll, one spin and one reset. Suffice to say that I was not happy with my driving.
SS7 I was just hoping that I could keep it together enough to keep that_guy behind me. Managed that at least....

Oh well. Got a lesson in trying to drive well under less than ideal circumstances.

Congratulations, @Dytut and @roustabout , on your first- and second places, respectively. I have really enjoyed this season and going into it I was definitely not expecting a place at the podium (second place by points, third after being degraded).
80s class for the next season will be.. interesting. But variety is the spice of life and I will give it my best shot.
Well there my chances for this season went away. Felt like I had a real good flow on SS1, and then on one of the icy corners in the end I suddenly get drastic understeer and slowly slide over the wall to retirement. 
Well, that sucked...
Not in my comfort zone with the 80s cars, though I do find them fun to drive, so I started off fairly safe but soon found a decent flow. Had a 39 sec lead going into SS5, then my concentration started slipping and so did my front-wheels which ended my rally as the car hit the stone barrier and went over.

Seeing this rate of attrition, I'm glad to finish. It wasn't pretty, though. My setup worked in snowy and slippy conditions, I even had some flow there (sometimes), but it was awful in the dry passages. I really don't know how to get the R5 to turn in there. This lead to a lot of mistakes, twice being beached on a wall and narrowly escaping retirement.

Well, I wanted the R5, I got it.

I happened to check the leaderboard when you were running @baunau, kept seeing you pulling away from me, thought for sure that was it. Very exciting!

Even in an AWD car I'll end up over the wall in Monte, happens so fast I can't even hit the button to pause so I could recover if I wanted. Everything is fine, then Bam!, over. Did that just last week in another race.

Had a few moments in this event where I almost met my maker but managed to get to the end without destroying my car, so it was a good race. :-)

'Kay...this sounds awesome. Can console players participate?

If so, can someone let me know how to join in on the next season?

Thanks...and again, this sounds awesome.

While my name here is "Habsolute" my name on my PS4 login is Dice73AF. I think I was supposed to write that here, as per a previous request.

Habsolute said:

While my name here is "Habsolute" my name on my PS4 login is Dice73AF. I think I was supposed to write that here, as per a previous request.

Unfortunately I don't think we can share leagues between different platforms :-( 

Dytut said:
Habsolute said:

Unfortunately I don't think we can share leagues between different platforms :-( 

Booo...anyway, sounds incredible. Enjoy gentlemen (and ladies) and happy rallying!

Full disclosure; I started Sweden earlier tonight but had to leave the house after the first stage and left the game running in replay-mode (alt+return to windowed) while I was gone. When I came back the game was not responding and I was forced to kill the drt.exe process and restart the game. My progress had not been saved (I won the first stage by ~7,5 secs) so I had to do a start over.
@SkyRex - It's your league, your rules; i.e. I'll accept any penalty this may warrant.
On my re-do of SS1, I ended up doing the same mistakes (two spins) as on my first attempt which resulted in an almost identical time (actually 0,5 secs faster). SS2 through SS6 was mostly uneventful, apart from nosediving into a tree on SS5, and I managed to keep a fairly comfortable lead throughout. Until SS7, that is...
On the last stage is were @Dytut 's sneaky mental games (I suspect) came into play and I must have found some inspiration in the song he posted earlier as it was a festival of half- and full-spins which cost me 29 (!) secs. :-|
Finished on top, though, with a whooping 1,7 seconds lead.
Habsolute said:
Booo...anyway, sounds incredible. Enjoy gentlemen (and ladies) and happy rallying!
@Habsolute - As mentioned, cross-platform leagues are not a thing unfortunately, but here are a couple of PS4 leagues that might be of interest (I'm a member of both):
The first one has close to 2000 members and the current season runs over 10 events, each with 8 stages. The latter has a rather low member count (26) and has a shorter season with 6 events, each with 3 stages.
Both leagues change car classes for each event, which is nice if you want some variation and exposure to cars you might not drive that often.
baunau said:
Full disclosure; I started Sweden earlier tonight but had to leave the house after the first stage and left the game running in replay-mode (alt+return to windowed) while I was gone. When I came back the game was not responding and I was forced to kill the drt.exe process and restart the game. My progress had not been saved (I won the first stage by ~7,5 secs) so I had to do a start over.
@SkyRex - It's your league, your rules; i.e. I'll accept any penalty this may warrant.
On my re-do of SS1, I ended up doing the same mistakes (two spins) as on my first attempt which resulted in an almost identical time (actually 0,5 secs faster). SS2 through SS6 was mostly uneventful, apart from nosediving into a tree on SS5, and I managed to keep a fairly comfortable lead throughout. Until SS7, that is...
On the last stage is were @Dytut 's sneaky mental games (I suspect) came into play and I must have found some inspiration in the song he posted earlier as it was a festival of half- and full-spins which cost me 29 (!) secs. :-|
Finished on top, though, with a whooping 1,7 seconds lead.
I was no mental game. I think I had two "clean" stages (as in, only small spins), on the rest I had at least one big spin (most often in tight sections so having to do the reverse-forward-reverse-forward routine). Quite frustrating this round, as I felt like I had a good pace when I didn't spin.
Dytut said:
I was no mental game. I think I had two "clean" stages (as in, only small spins), on the rest I had at least one big spin (most often in tight sections so having to do the reverse-forward-reverse-forward routine). Quite frustrating this round, as I felt like I had a good pace when I didn't spin.
@Dytut - I was thinking more with regards to "planting" that song in the heads of those who hadn't done the rally yet. It definitely worked on me, i.e. it made me spin around (like a record) on SS7. Should've added a wink to make it clear that my comment was made in jest.  ;)
I share your pain on the rally, though; I really like the Swedish stages, but nothing can be as rage-inducing as getting pulled in by those snow banks.

It's a shame I can't defend my second place in the standings because of my malfunctioning pedals. I thought about running without pedals, using only the buttons on my wheel, but that doesn't work good enough. Same for other input methods. I would be down at least one minute on every stage, and life is just too short for that.

With a little luck, I'll be back in Greece or Finland with a shiny new - or shiny used but still working properly - wheel.