Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Woo-hoo, a new DRC season! :D
Have been quite busy myself lately with moving and refurbishing, but finally got my rig set up this week and managed to run a few rallies. My driving feels a bit inconsistent now, though, but will do my best to put up a good fight.
Oh, and thanks for the promotion, @SkyRex . I'll do my part to keep the league alive (if necessary).
Good luck to all and have a great season! :)
About the expansion; the more, the merrier, I say (as long as they play nice).
Getting ready for my first rally now, just haven't decided which car to pick yet. I'll follow @Dytut 's lead, though, and step out of my comfort zone (Polo) for this season.

First rally done and, well... At least I redeemed myself this season and got to the finish line (although, there were more than a few close-calls).
My weapon of choice this time around is the Mini which feels "ok" but I quite like the sound of its engine.
SS1 started out great, had a good rhythm and a gave it a decent push (finished with a 0.8 lead on Dytut). SS2 was a complete disaster due to complete lack of concentration. I even went over a stone wall, which I was sure would be my early exit, but I was lucky and got an auto-reset instead. SS3 and 4 was decent but I kept losing time. SS5 was another crappy stage with a second trip over a stone wall, although this time I managed to climb back onto the road. Somehow, I managed to to beat Dytut on SS6 (by 0.02-0.03 secs) but the joy was short-lived as I spun the car on SS7.
Guess I pushed it a bit too much in this rally and this time it didn't pay off. Still, had a great time and feels good to be racing in the DRC again. :)
Very satisfying run overall, no major incidents except a spin on stage 5. 

But damn, that new swiss dude is like Porkhammer-levels of fast! The closest I could get to a stage win was on stage 7 where I really pushed it through with lots of risk-taking and I still was ca. 1 second behind ?.'s time...

If you are this good at all 6 locations I predict there won't be a lot of first-place-fights this season :smiley:

Cheers
Skyrex 
@Dytut Thanks for your welcoming words! I'll try my best!
@SkyRex Tarmac is clearly my favourite surface. Although not pushing as hard as in a daily event for instance, I had a very nice flow through all the stages and surprisingly few errors. And the "long" side of Col de Turini is my all time favourite! Gravel is soso for me, sometimes pretty fast, but not consistent at all unfortunately. And Sweden, oh dear, I spin all the time :)
So, standings after Monte:

Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 Founder?.Volkswagen Polo Rally41:32.430--
2 FounderSkyRexVolkswagen Polo Rally42:36.410+01:03.980
3 FounderAreteVolkswagen Polo Rally42:57.442+01:25.012
4 FounderbaunauMINI Countryman Rally Edition43:32.825+02:00.395
5 Founderthat_guyMINI Countryman Rally Edition43:39.243+02:06.813
6 FounderDaryl WillcoxFord Fiesta RS Rally44:16.623+02:44.193
7 FoundernationalwheelFord Fiesta RS Rally45:36.923+04:04.493
8 FounderOxidorHyundai Rally45:58.203+04:25.773
9 FounderBlinkVolkswagen Polo Rally47:45.583+06:13.153

Newcomer ?. / Superdorfer takes a dominant 1st place, while SkyRex took second a comfortable 22 seconds before me (Arete / Dytut). Baunau started off with some good times, but fell behind in the fight for the podium but managed to keep that_guy / Roustabout behind and claim 4th. Daryl Willcox / YoMrWhite taking 6th place 38 seconds behind that_guy. Newcomers nationalwheel, Oxidor and Blink finishes in 7th to 9th. The rest were claimed by Monte, better luck next season :-)

On to Sweden! 
Just headed straight for Sweden. Didn't drive in snowy winterland for a while. To my surprise, I must say, it went pretty well. In the begining, I had a few driving assistances activated to get used to the slippery surface, which I switched off step by step later on. I had a spin on Hamra 1 and went off to Swedish contryside two or three times in SS4 & SS5 I guess. But overall, it was much more fun than expected to drive in Sweden. Although the overall pace was not the fastest, the stages were pretty consistent.
Dommel007 said:
Can you add me to the league? My playing name is Dommel2305 and my request has been sent. 
The league is set top open, so you should just be able to add yourself to the league here:
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/39043/drchampionship
Dytut said:
So, standings after Monte:

Pos.  NameVehicleTimeDiff 1st
1 Founder?.Volkswagen Polo Rally41:32.430--
2 FounderSkyRexVolkswagen Polo Rally42:36.410+01:03.980
3 FounderAreteVolkswagen Polo Rally42:57.442+01:25.012
4 FounderbaunauMINI Countryman Rally Edition43:32.825+02:00.395
5 Founderthat_guyMINI Countryman Rally Edition43:39.243+02:06.813
6 FounderDaryl WillcoxFord Fiesta RS Rally44:16.623+02:44.193
7 FoundernationalwheelFord Fiesta RS Rally45:36.923+04:04.493
8 FounderOxidorHyundai Rally45:58.203+04:25.773
9 FounderBlinkVolkswagen Polo Rally47:45.583+06:13.153

Newcomer ?. / Superdorfer takes a dominant 1st place, while SkyRex took second a comfortable 22 seconds before me (Arete / Dytut). Baunau started off with some good times, but fell behind in the fight for the podium but managed to keep that_guy / Roustabout behind and claim 4th. Daryl Willcox / YoMrWhite taking 6th place 38 seconds behind that_guy. Newcomers nationalwheel, Oxidor and Blink finishes in 7th to 9th. The rest were claimed by Monte, better luck next season :-)

On to Sweden! 
Nice roundup. You really like being manager, don't you?
Heh, I usually like to keep a little mental note of how it went for everybody so I just copy-pasted the leaderboard (cool that it kept the flags and all) and wrote my comments :-) It's a bit of fun, no idea if I'll keep on doing it.

Fun to see a few new names on the leaderboard aswell :-)
So Sweden: Confident start, stage 2 was very good, and the it went down and down... too many spins too many rolls and even a flat tyre...meh... don't wanna talk about it anymore...

But before the DRC run I tried the current special Grp A weekly, with that chance becoming VIP if on podium. It went really nice (..but of course not enough for podium, although I have to say I only made one run and no stage-retry-hotlapping) Currently 11th overall out of 400+ people, which makes me quite happy :)
YoMrWhite said:
I like it. Racenet doesn't save league results, so this is a nice way to keep track of our exploits.
I agree with this and the write-up. Really like the idea of a short summary at the end of the rally, although I understand if you don't want to commit to it, @Dytut .
Anyway, on to my summary of Sweden (slightly delayed): After my messy start in Monaco, it felt really good to do (mostly) clean stages on this one. Had two or three spins, I think, and a few lucky breaks here and there but overall I felt in control and managed to stay focused throughout. Hopefully, my performance will earn me a spot at the podium, but I will not be disappointed or surprised if I'm knocked down a spot or two (please, no more than two...).
Really happy with this one, had a really fun rally, already looking forward to the next one! :)
Dytut said:
Dommel007 said:
Can you add me to the league? My playing name is Dommel2305 and my request has been sent. 
The league is set top open, so you should just be able to add yourself to the league here:
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/39043/drchampionship

It seams I'm not able to join since I'm playing on PS4. Is my assumption correct?

That was one of my better showings in Sweden. I gradually picked up speed after a soso first stage. To my surprise, 5th and 6th gear were set up too short in the first three stages. Changed that and began to push a bit more. The afternoon stages were among the best stages I ever did in Sweden, the night stages not so much, as I became a bit overconfident and had two rolls and a few minor crashes there. It won't be enough to hold on to 3rd place, but all in all a quite satisfying run.

Wow @baunau! What a fight I had with you! :-D

You got to keep the 1st place... by 0.8 seconds after my lousy final stage. 

Zero point eight seconds. The adrenaline was pumping :-)

Starting to get some feel for the Polo now at least. Still not confident enough to really push it, but I'm getting there.

Dytut said:
Wow @baunau! What a fight I had with you! :-D

You got to keep the 1st place... by 0.8 seconds after my lousy final stage. 

Zero point eight seconds. The adrenaline was pumping :-)

Starting to get some feel for the Polo now at least. Still not confident enough to really push it, but I'm getting there.

Had a look at the stage times now and.., sweet Jeebus, that must have been intense! Makes me glad I did my run quite early as I'm sure I would've buckled under the pressure of having you in front. :)
Hopefully I can keep the Mini in check for the next one as well. My favourite, Greece!