Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Greece finished. Controlled drive, no big mistakes, but I found it near impossible to carry speed through corners that were not going downhill. In the uphill passages the car just wouldn't accelerate when I was in third or fourth gear. Maybe I should have shortened the gears even more? Greece seems to just sap power from your engine. What's your take?
Yeah, Greece is that way for me as well...  I always think of it as a high-altitude event, so shorter gears are usually a must in all cars.  Uphill sections doubly so...  :-)

I'll run through Greece later today, I'll let you know if it's the same for the Mini.
Greece done for me as well. I use really short gears on all my cars but, like @YoMrWhite, I also struggled with 3rd and 4th in the uphill sections. Going by the numbers, your Mini should have a minor advantage over the Fulvia, @roustabout (welcome back, btw!).
Except for the aforementioned uphill struggle and the painfully slow hairpins, I had a real fun rally. The excitement when you finally get your speed up, especially in the downhill sections, and know you have to nail every corner or lose a bunch of precious seconds. Good stuff!
Quite pleased with my performance, no major mistakes to mention.
Having a problem with Leagues and RaceNet.  I can run the Daily/Weekly/Monthly, but when I go into Leagues it checks for expired leagues, then says "RaceNet service not available, try again later".  Short of removing all remaining leagues (which I'm hesitant to do), I've tried pretty much everything else.  I'll keep trying...

Edit:  Got into leagues, one of the leagues still on my list caused all the rest not to work.  :-(
Anyway, not my best driving through Greece I guess, though it felt pretty quick.  Saved at final stage, will finish up tonight.
Made it through, but with no real speed. Thought I shortened the gears enough, but had a real hard time getting any power.  Got one of those silly spectator resets on SS1 where the front that was hardly moving nudged a spectator on the inside of a hairpin :-/ Had 2 stages where I kept within reach of @Snaky115 at least, but that did't make up for the two runs of tsiristra thea where I lost about a minute in total.
SURPRISE. :D I just had to spice up Greece a little for y'all. I think i only noticeably lost time on second Tsiristra Thea, and even that was just 2 seconds compared to first one, somehow, should've been way more.

Panic's times intrigue me, he gained a lot of time on stage 2 and 3, but then proceeded to fall off, much to my luck. I hope i'll remember to check those times later.
Dytut said:
Had no time to do finland unfortunately :-/

Which - combined with the fact that @baunau didn't drive the last stages - allowed me to finish 3rd. Woohoo! Out of 3. Hmmm...

On the other hand, that wasn't a bad drive. But I hope we have some more competitors in Germany and Wales.

YoMrWhite said:
Dytut said:
Had no time to do finland unfortunately :-/

Which - combined with the fact that @baunau didn't drive the last stages - allowed me to finish 3rd. Woohoo! Out of 3. Hmmm...

On the other hand, that wasn't a bad drive. But I hope we have some more competitors in Germany and Wales.

Yeah, I noticed yesterday that a new event had started, then it hit me that I forgot to finish Finland. D'oh!
Must admit, I've been too distracted testing- and getting used to the HTC Vive with Dirt Rally (which is quite a rush, btw), but will make sure to participate in Germany and Wales.
Finally, a decently clean and fast ending to the season. Probably not even near a podium, but at least I didn't have a major crash every few turns. Did go off the road on SS6, but managed to get back without losing too much time.
Had a lot of fun in Germany, and other than smacking a hinkelstein and maybe an off, I had a pretty clean event.

Wales started out nicely but I got caught out by the right-hand-drive a couple of times, clipping something and sending me off.  Oh well, still have the last stage to go.
So by the looks of it @Simoniti has claimed the season win in front of @roustabout / that_guy and @baunau (who might be able to claim 2nd place if he wins wales).

Well driven, and congratulations :-) As the winner, you will get to choose the car class for the next season @Simoniti. @SkyRex had a proposition about doing a free choice season, where any car is on the board (still have to do the whole season in the same car though). 

Well, that was an underwhelming experience... Could not get comfortable with the Fulvia today and I'm not really sure whether it was down to a lousy setup or an even worse driver. Probably a good combination of the two. Struggled with understeer throughout which had me go off-road several times, losing too many precious seconds.
Changed to the default tuning at the service stage after SS3, which did help some, but it wasn't until after the second one (tweaked the camber) that the car became more to my liking.
Bring on the next season!
Haven't really had the time to do reports this season, but here's the end results at least:

RankNamePoints
1Simmoniti92
2that_guy83
3baunau73
4Snaky11565
5Arete61
6Daryl Willcox47
7Panic42
8[HTB²] XiriBox25
9Bludistak4
10EinsZwei4

Congrats to Simmoniti for the season win, some impressive runs, and well driven to all the rest of you :-) Been a fun season with lots of ups and downs for most of us. Think we've had 5 different winners, which is good to see!

Simmoniti gets to choose the theme for next season, which I guess we'll set up to start on monday so we get a few days break before the next season. If no choice is made I think we'll default to the suggestion of doing a all cars season where you can choose any car.
I'm back! 
Had a great adventurous contrasting holiday and made lots of videos, but now the everyday-life has me back. 
Very nice 60's season you guys seemed to have had! Monday sounds great for the beginning of the next season. Congrats to Simmoniti for the Championship-victory and yes you should really consider chosing a Open-Class-Season, I think that would be very interesting (but I said that before ;P ) 

Just a quick heads-up that I'm back in the game and definatly in the next season (Although I have to pause FH3 for a moment then. It actually worked right away on my PC and that from a Microsoft-product... wonders still happen XD ) 

Cheers

(if anybody is interested in watching some drone-footage of Iceland, just let me know in a private message and I will share a/some video link(s) with you via pm. Thats nothing that would fit publicly into a DR-forum)

Dytut said:
Gonna be real hard to choose. Wondering if I should go with one of my favourites or try one that I haven't familiarized myself with yet. I've hardly touched the countryman WRC since upgrading it for example.

The Countryman isn't a bad choice. It's quite stable and not much slower than the Polo. Did some decent times in another league with it, so I won't use it here. I'm tempted to use one of the beasts, maybe even the Peugeot 205. Could be embarrassing, though. It's a tough choice to make, that's for sure.
Well crap.... 
I setup a new OS on a SSD to accelerate my PC a bit. saved all the important data from the old HDD before deleting the system stuff. 
But I completely forgot that steams save-games aren't stored in the user-folder (like for most other stuff) but it actually saves them in the steam folder in the Program Files folder... which i deleted, because fresh installs are prefered for a new system.

So my save is gone (no I do not use steam cloud stuff)  -.-
Hmm, do I drive a little to get some engineers and stuff before I do the first event, or do I jump into it knowing that every bit of damage will effectivly be persistent..... 
Dytut said:
I think @Porkhammer hinted that @Hatward might set you up with some cash and engineers if you manage to mess up your saves, so you might send him a PM.

Or just try do drive without breaking the car too much ;-)
Yup provide me with your name on Steam (the one that you see on an online leaderboard) and how much cash you need to build your team back up.