Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Something strange happened. During stage 2, I sudenly began to like Sweden for the first time.

Which dearly cost me, because I began to take more risks and... Well, spins, resets, dashboard warnings and a heavily deformed car at the end of the rally. But for the first time I had actually fun there. Maybe there are better times to come.

Well that was... messy. But fun. Had some great stretches in most of the stages, but also took out more than my fair share of spectators... :o I nearly made it out of last at one point, but too many rolls and spins to catch anyone in the end. Roll on the next one!
SS1 was meh,think I had three spins. After that, it went ok, a few close encounter with the snowbanks. Before SS6 I was 37 seconds behind @KevM, and I had a good feeling so decided to push hard and try to catch up.... and I guess you know what happens then. Flew right into a stone about 60% through the stage, lost my tire and ended up 57 seconds behind instead :-/
Set my goal to beat @teknoid85 in SS7 instead, and managed to put in a good clean run and pass him on the board :-)

SS1 and SS2 were horrible, lots and lots of spins. With SS3 I slowly found a rythm for Sweden(ironicly SS3 was the stage with the hardest conditions) and started to gain some positions. End result 2nd. (Probably 4th if dea and simmoniti decide to finish their runs and can keep up their paces)

looking forward to Greece and the first gravel event of the season
So i have been sick today so i had to drive with fever the last 4 stages. Spinned on the ss4 and 5 cause of fever... or my mistake :# On last short stage made a barrel roll but luckily ended up right back to the track. :D Holding the 1st place now with good lead. :) Will see if CrazyNevada will over take me.
Just finished the rally. 

I never have much confidence in Sweden, and it's probably my weakest rally of the lot, so I'm glad it's out of the way. 

However, considering my lack of confidence and a few spins and minor mistakes, I'm currently 6th for the time being, which I'd be more than happy with taking come the end of the event. Fingers crossed! 

Recorded this yesterday, while I was refining my gravel setup for the Subaru. I managed to be 20 sec faster than Porkhammers fastest 2000's run on that track o.O ?! I .. don't even... how?!

Anyways, at leatst this shows that the setup is competitive  and all I can blame bad times on now are my own driving mistakes :smiley: which still happen way more often than I would like to admit 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohg1JbIb0z8

It went pretty well, except stage 5 and 6. Hit a spectator at 5 amd spun out later. Then I eased off with the risk for the night stages, but still managed to hit a rock in stage 6 (+15sec reset) and nearly lost it again further down the mountain. Apart from that I'm quite satisfied with the performance, lets see where this time gets me :)