Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club


Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, ApexAzimuth said:

Regardless of whether the next championship starts before or after Flatout comes out, I won't pick R5 or Group B (4WD) since it feels like every other club does both those classes only.   I'm considering maybe RallyGT, Group B (RWD), or 2000cc.  🤷‍♂️

Rally GT or Group B (RWD) would be really cool. Would pick the BMW M2 Competition for the first and the Porsche 911 SC RS for the latter. Or even the Manta 400...the Manta always reminds me of this old german movie:

🤣

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 12:18 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Rally GT or Group B (RWD) would be really cool. Would pick the BMW M2 Competition for the first and the Porsche 911 SC RS for the latter. Or even the Manta 400...the Manta always reminds me of this old german movie:

🤣

 

Some group B RWD would be incredibly fun. And scary!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@SkyRex Sooooo, since it's pretty much confirmed that we can only have 12 Events in a championship even after the 13th location released, do we kick one old rally out?

If so: The most logic one would be Wales i think, because they are probably pretty similar, but I love woods and gravel...
My vote goes to kicking out Spain, because it's my least favourite.
I could also say Germany, but it's my home rally, so yeah...
It's bad enough not having a F1 GP this year again, don't take my rally away! 😟

I make my choice, when the calendar and car class is chosen.
We probably get most entries in the championship, if one of the two new cars are available, just saying.
Personally I would prefer Rally GT or Group B RWD, because H3 RWD last time really got me into RWD rallying.

Just another idea: Maybe we should try a new rule by excluding cars from the class we choose and hope everybody will except that.
So maybe 2000cc, but C4 Rally and 07' Focus Rally are not allowed?
Or similar choices in other classes with OP cars.

 

Yes, it's 2am here and I cannot sleep and I am bored 😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@SkyRex
Since my first car was a first generation Subaru Legacy turbo, I'm gonna wanna drive the Legacy in the next championship.  Since we don't know what class the Legacy will be in (though I suspect Group A),  I'd prefer to wait until we know what class it's in.

Thanks again for hosting these championships!  These really invigorate my excitement for rallying.

Edited by ApexAzimuth
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

@SkyRex Sooooo, since it's pretty much confirmed that we can only have 12 Events in a championship even after the 13th location released, do we kick one old rally out?

If so: The most logic one would be Wales i think, because they are probably pretty similar, but I love woods and gravel...
My vote goes to kicking out Spain, because it's my least favourite.
I could also say Germany, but it's my home rally, so yeah...
It's bad enough not having a F1 GP this year again, don't take my rally away! 😟

I make my choice, when the calendar and car class is chosen.
We probably get most entries in the championship, if one of the two new cars are available, just saying.
Personally I would prefer Rally GT or Group B RWD, because H3 RWD last time really got me into RWD rallying.

Just another idea: Maybe we should try a new rule by excluding cars from the class we choose and hope everybody will except that.
So maybe 2000cc, but C4 Rally and 07' Focus Rally are not allowed?
Or similar choices in other classes with OP cars.

 

Yes, it's 2am here and I cannot sleep and I am bored 😅

Yeah I read about the 12 Rally Limit as well...
Even though it is also my home rally as well, I would actually vote to kick out Germany. It's my least favorite to drive. I like the real event, but more for the vineyard sections, Panzerplatte is quite uninspiring to drive and to look at imho.
In any case, I'd say the 6 new DR2 locations are safely in (including Spain), because they have the greatest visuals. Puddles mirror and sprinkle, many daylight and weather options and so on. Not so for the 6 DLC ones, some lack in visual finesse like the puddles, some in weather.

Going through them by what they add in variety:
Monte Carlo: pretty nicely remastered with those Ice patches and clearer visuals. Guess nobody would question keeping it.
Sweden: Only snow event. Therefor safe in my book as well.


Wales: Nice driving, excellent new wet physics and mud. But lacking visuals (puddles) and variety in weather.
Finland: Only one of it's kind, with highway-wide roads and gazillion jumps. And much better flight physics than DR1. Though some fog in clear weather. And I'm no good in driving it.
Greece: Technical Gravel with narrow roads and tight sections as well as fast ones. Middle Ground between Argentina and Australia.
Germany: dusty tarmac and concrete. Straights into edges into straights again. Hinkelsteins are main challenge, overall quite easy. I'd kick it out.

I'd say the vote is in the last 4. Anyone with an opinion please voice it.



P.S.  The calendar has already been picked by @Janneman60 to be "Northbound", just so everybody knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea, 3rd place decides wich rally gets kicked out in the next championship (not only because that would be me now 😜).
Makes it more worthy, to get on the podium. The decision has more weight than deciding the time/weather in the very first stage only.
The only rule about that should be, it can't be kicked the same rally again in the following championship.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Great idea, 3rd place decides wich rally gets kicked out in the next championship (not only because that would be me now 😜).
Makes it more worthy, to get on the podium. The decision has more weight than deciding the time/weather in the very first stage only.
The only rule about that should be, it can't be kicked the same rally again in the following championship.

So what s your decision ? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

So what s your decision ? Lol

If the vote for "3rd place decides" wins, I choose Finland for the kick.

I read good arguments not kicking one of the 6 base game rallies + all players can compete in these.
Also the argument only having 2(3) tarmac rallies is also valid.
Monaco, Sweden and Greece are save, because they are quite unique.

So my decision would be between Wales and Finland.
Both have technical/graphical problems unfortunately and less time/weather-options.
Finland had quite big "discussions" here on the forum, but Wales would be the obvious choice.

I prefer Wales. More technical and looks better.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to agree with @SkyRex about Germany for the same reasons.   We don't know what the Scotland stages will play like, so it's not really fair to put Wales on the cutting block just because it's on the same landmass.  Wales is such an international icon of rally.  In terms of personality, there's nothing even similar to Finland, so I would definitely hate to see it go.  Dirt Rally 2.0's simulation is pretty on-point except in the tarmac department, so if any stages have to go, I'd vote for the Tarmac ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So has any opinion changed now that weve seen some of the new Location in the Video series? 

visually it does look a lot like wales, but technically it seems to be quite unique. 

if the Status quo stays the same, the 3rd place will get to pick the dropout rally in the future. Although id like to enforce, that only dlc Locations can be kicked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

So has any opinion changed now that weve seen some of the new Location in the Video series?

Nope, still Finland.

11 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

visually it does look a lot like wales, but technically it seems to be quite unique.

Looks like a mix between Wales and Poland.
Slightly horrified, to be honest.
I see me wrecking in the trees quite early.

13 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Although id like to enforce, that only dlc Locations can be kicked. 

I'm against it.
I know your concerns about kicking a base game location, but this limits the possibilities too much.
But not kicking the same location twice in a row would be a good rule.

But it's your club, so just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I have edited the OP, changed the reward for 3rd place and inserted the new calendars like here:
image.png.394e92ae06020b6866f9950f05ef8f7c.png

In the World Rally Option, Scotland will now serve as the stand-in for Chile.

 

Also, all choices have been made for the next season and I will get to setting the Season up soon. If I can manage it until then, I'll set the start to be right at coming midnight. Otherwise Saturday Noon.

NEXT SEASON UPCOMING:

Class: Group A

Calendar: Northbound

Excluded Rally: Finland

 

EDIT: ALL HAS BEEN SET UP. IT BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT !

image.thumb.png.6e053f3897fdfcef404e67f0499ce3db.png

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Maybe... but the most important job we have all, keep distance, don't walk around when sick. Better safe than sorry.

I do. I watch every day the update of the Robert Koch Institute and stay at home, accept for 2 days per week were I go to supermarket while keeping distance to everyone. Didn't saw my mum in 2 weeks, she's 55, so I play save.

I never played videogames this much since...I don't know...15 years!?
Just hope it doesn't get too boring too soon 😄 

I recently started Red Dead Redemption 2 (have it since release, but didn't had the time to play the story) and bought Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Doom: Eternal.
But still play alot of DR 2.0, so I can't wait to do the DRChampionship!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, very rusty these days. I'm assuming the only safe place to quit the game is in the service parks? leaving after a stage will cause a disqualification?

Marathon of an event, having to get used to hards. Must still be over driving them as they are still done after 3 stages :classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...