Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

SkyRex said:
I have to try out some more and see if its class or car dependant.
The newer the car/class, the longer it takes to repair. So naturally a 2015 Polo R WRC will take more time to fix than an Evo X from around 2010. For finishing this, you guys should be driving the 60s :p Lowest speed (so least damage in collision), easiest to repair.
SkyRex said:
I have to try out some more and see if its class or car dependant.
The newer the car/class, the longer it takes to repair. So naturally a 2015 Polo R WRC will take more time to fix than an Evo X from around 2010. For finishing this, you guys should be driving the 60s :p Lowest speed (so least damage in collision), easiest to repair.
I was considering the Mini, but it turns out I like POWAHH

Seriously though, I might go with the Group A Impreza or the 01 Focus.
Well, that's my Dakar over! 

On the 3rd stage in Wales my engine gave up and I was forced to retire. 

I got the dreaded "down on power" notice on the first stage in Finland, and then after driving through a small bush my radiator got damaged, which instantly made me think that I wasn't completing this event. It certainly accelerated the damage to the engine. 

Well, that was fun, but a bit disappointed that all the time I just put into this event has been ultimately wasted due to the engine damage. 

Highlight of my event was winning a stage by 12 seconds :] 

I was tempted to use the Opel Kadett, because I really like its handling. Seeing anyone else choosing much faster machinery, I opted for the Hyundai.

Did the first 8 stages. I tried to be very careful, but the last Monte stage was a disaster. Lucky to escape without puncture and nearly had to retire after I overshot a hairpin. Germany went okay, but there is much more damage than I would like.

The plan: Going very slowly in Sweden, repair as much as possible, then going very very slowly the rest of the way. This is clearly a "to finish first you first have to finish" kind of event.

Man, i'm so happy i got to the end. Haha. :)  

I knew it would be hard to get through 24 stages with so few garages, so i took the strategy of  "super safe no crash speed".
It worked out well in the end though there were times in the first half where i was really down on the top 3 times. I just tried to keep the car in good shape and hope you guys started dropping off in the 2nd half. In Finland i slowed for every jump and got through it all clean, then had a pretty solid car left to push a little more in Wales.

Started to move up in places till the last stage of Greece where i noticed i was the only driver left.
Took it really careful and finished, even with a lucky spin near the end just to scare myself. Ha.
My advice to others, slow down.

It was a fun Event as it let me really enjoy all of the beautiful stages at a leisurely pace for a change.

Ps - love the idea of 70's class for next championship. 

Engine gave up on the first stage in Sweden. Poor Scooby Doo got banged and beaten in Monte Carlo. I did the entirety of Germany with the engine light and a harsh hissing and tounge rolling-esque sound coming from the engine, and two splits from the end of the last German stage Paul told me the engine was almost gone. So, through most, if not all, of Germany, I used power on uphill sections and browsed 9GAG on the downhill sections. Needless to say, once I got to Sweden, I repaired the engine to 91 percent, and the radiator to 20. It gave a few corners after the start. Oh well.

As for the car class, I guess I exaggerated a bit. I was okay in the Stratos when I first started with Dirt Rally, so fingers crossed.
Ahhhhhhhhhh

Ran almost perfectly, if not slow, for the first events until saving last night at the start of Sweden.

Straight to my first roll in Sweden, then went ok for the most part.

Finland, it sucks me in, and i hit two trees, 2 punctures, limped through Wales, was expecting a service park when i got to Greece, though honestly surprised the engine didn't emerge through the bonnet in Wales.

Penultimate stage in Greece, where, to be honest, i would have struggled to get the car up the climb on the second half of the stage.  **bOOm*

Technical 2nd? :D

Not bad for a car i didn't own and was running with 0/5 upgrades.
SkyRex said:
By the way: CrazyNevada, choose the car class for the next DRC Season. 
 I think the 70's would be cool.
so it shall be.  But I will surely not drive that maniac stratos

For the next legendary I will propose  a different setup : Tuning will be allowed at every country-change. there will be two service-parks, one after 6 and one after 12 stages. And the country order will change, since it's tire-independant now, so we can get finland out of the 120km-part:
Germany-Finland1/2 - Service Park -Finland 2/2 - Monte Carlo - Service Park- Sweden - Wales - Greece (24 Stages total)
with owned cars, career engineers and totally free car choice
SkyRex said:
SkyRex said:

For the next legendary I will propose  a different setup : Tuning will be allowed at every country-change. there will be two service-parks, one after 6 and one after 12 stages. And the country order will change, since it's tire-independant now, so we can get finland out of the 120km-part:
Germany-Finland1/2 - Service Park -Finland 2/2 - Monte Carlo - Service Park- Sweden - Wales - Greece (24 Stages total)
I honestly liked the current setup, but we could have a service park every two rallies, and have each leg be made up of different surfaces. That way the setup has to compromise for one or the other, or a balance between both.
SkyRex said:
SkyRex said:

I honestly liked the current setup, but we could have a service park every two rallies, and have each leg be made up of different surfaces. That way the setup has to compromise for one or the other, or a balance between both.
Did the setup transfer to a new location for you?

Did the four swedish stages at extremely low speed and deliberately lost a lot of time. Not very entertaining, to say the least. Engine, gearbox and transmission don't look good, in spite of my carsaving drive.

Now I'm considering to repair to the max and accept the two and a half minute time penalty in order to have a chance to finish. I'm in last place anyway, so why not.

Made it! My trusty Impreza 2001 was making plenty of strange noises toward the end, and had almost non-existent acceleration in Greece, but it got there eventually. Good fun.

Took it slow and steady throughout, which actually made for quite a pleasant drive. Maybe a little too slow though, given I'm a good 12 minutes behind @Headquake ...  :D Mind you, over 270km that's only 2 and half seconds per km or so... still quite a lot I guess.  ;) 

Really enjoyed the format @SkyRex , keeping just the two services will keep it tense for the long section. I definitely agree with moving Finland into the first part, so we can see just how much damage it's done and adjust driving on the later stages accordingly. Get that stress out of the way early. I think I probably held back too much in Wales and Greece this time, purely because I was so worried about the effects of the hard landings from Finland. Loving this league!
For everybodys interest: Repair times of 1% engine damage:
2010's: 1:05
R4: 0:54
2000's: 0:49
GrpA: 0:44
GrpB: 0:37

Only tested the AWD classes, because I will surely drive AWD in the legendary. I can set similar times in 2000s and GroupB, hmm still undecided if I shall really choose the challenging GrpB for the next one...