Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Wow, space star on gravel is sooooo much fun! 

Made me play with it a bit too much, so just had one single clean stage, spun in all the others 

But the car.. It's so playful! The other r5s are dull and feel slow, the mitsu is so lively 😁

This always a hard rally, twisty dusty asfalt with clifs and very fast narrow parts.

I made a safe setup, it was meant to be not twisty. It paid of, not the fastest setup but the competition failed in staying on the road and I did it flawless in the 6 long stages.

Only in the last short stage I had a mistake and a spin losing about 10 seconds.

Sometimes it is not about the fastest setup, or fast risky driving, but about driving safe. Gosh now I sound as if I am driving my Volvo 😀

Yes, Scotland can be very tough. Left the road in SS1, got a 20s reset, in SS3 I had two back-to-back rolls, the first one harmless, the second not. Got to the finish line with a badly damaged car and two punctures. Repaired as much as I could, which was not enough, so the next 3 stages were quite slow. A small spin in SS7 was just the icing on the cake.

I ruined a possible rally win for the second time in a row.
Was leading by almost 30s after the first 3 longs, but then touched a stone just after the first sector on SS4 (on the jump on the right)...but got away with it...then just shortly after I touched the stone to the left on the chicane...got away with it again, but then touched the one on the right on the same chicane and now finally got my well deserved front right puncture. Was like playing pinball really.

Stubborn like I am I just continued with 3 wheels. Wasn't actually too bad, because the road is quite flat and there are not so many deep turns.
Repaired most of the damage in the service (only transmission and wheel geometry were still pretty heavily damaged) and pushed the car in the last stage.

Meh.

Space star continues to be fun. And also enticing me to push too much and crash over and over again 😁

Managed to repair the engine halfway at mid service, then decided I needed some air and ripped the driver side door off on ss4 😁 

Very easy to see where the left wheel was after that. 

SS1: Not very focused. Three crashes, two punctures. Started SS2 with three tyres and an engine that topped out at some 90 kilometers. After losing more than 30 seconds per split I decided that wouldn't cut it.

First 3 stages in the wet. Some green sectors but every stage a bit to slow. luckiky it was every stage another one who won so after 3 stages it was still very very close.

Then it was dry. I drove with the same setup and now the car felt very good. As all other had problems I won stage 4, 5 and 6. This time even my nightmare ss7, were I mostly have a crash, went well. So first now with a clear lead.

Ohhhhh, the space star ❤️ 

So much fun! So many small smashes and two offs in total, but what a joy it is to drive. Fiddled with the setup from germany a tiny bit and got it just right, and it was just so incredibly responsive to input 🙂

Spain is a rally I like to drive, but were I am never fast.

With that in mind I started the rally and lost time on the first 2 stages. I also lost time on ss3 but then the stupid racenet gave me the max stage time. So that was it basically. I could carry on and finish, but obvious way behind. Looking at the times, 6th place would have been my result without the bug.

Now just hope I now had my portion of bad luck 😠

After I also ruined a possible win for the 3rd time in a row in finland I finally had a good run in spain.
Had 2 moments in SS5 and one in SS6 wich could have ruined it again, but got away with it this time.

Overall it was quite unspectacular, could be always like this 😅

On 2/14/2021 at 6:38 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

After I also ruined a possible win for the 3rd time in a row in finland I finally had a good run in spain.
Had 2 moments in SS5 and one in SS6 wich could have ruined it again, but got away with it this time.

Overall it was quite unspectacular, could be always like this 😅

You should've gone for the space star, that car is made to be spectacular 😄

On 2/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, Dytut said:

You should've gone for the space star, that car is made to be spectacular 😄

Well, yeah. I used it in another club event and it was quite fun, though I made several mistakes.
Maybe next time.

Can't believe I'm leading right now in the championships, really unlucky @Janneman60.
Though it's still very close and I'm always quite good in Spain.

The award for the most embarrassing rally this year goes to: me! 😪

Had some terrible unusual stu*** mistakes (including a 48(!!!) seconds time penalty), managed to come to the end on two wheels with pretty much everthing broken.
One sector before the end I even heard something metal braking, probably part of the suspension gave up.
Had to steer almost completely to the left to go straight...

18 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Had some terrible unusual stu*** mistakes (including a 48(!!!) seconds time penalty), managed to come to the end on two wheels with pretty much everthing broken.
One sector before the end I even heard something metal braking, probably part of the suspension gave up.
Had to steer almost completely to the left to go straight...

Cool! I've never managed to break the suspension so utterly without the whole car shutting down 😄 

On 2/20/2021 at 1:31 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

I might have a claim to this title, too. Touched a stone in the second sector of SS1 and ripped a wheel off. From then on, it went downhill and downright ugly. At the start of SS3, I had a badly damaged engine (and everything else probably) and only two wheels left on the car, so I retired.

Well, at least that first sector of SS1 was competitive...

Whoops. Sweden went down the drain. First leg was mainly fine, but I had just winged a setup on two shakedowns so there were some moments... But then on SS4 it suddenly just cut loose on just at the end and threw me straight into the timing boxes. Lost the front wheel there, but no worries.... but then on SS5 it just suddenly threw the car around again on a compression that isually doesn't do much. Think I rolled 8 times, and lost the front right... and I had only taken one spare. So half of SS5 and the whole of SS6 on three tyres....

Went in hard with a half broken car on SS7, but it was really weird so no good time. 

That was a good one. Two rolls in SS2 (they seem to come in pairs for me lately), costing me maybe 10 seconds, apart from that a mostly clean run. @Dytut was clearly faster as long as he had all of his tyres, but here and there I was able to score a green sector, even in the first 3 stages. Nice.:classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1

For a while I thought it would be possible to do a clean run in Monte with the space star, but just a small touch in the start of SS6 cost me the lead. Punctured and had to change the tire since I hade the whole stage to run.

Oh well, had a nice run with the mitsu as always 🙂