Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

25 minutes ago, richie said:

You should make it a one-make championship and ban the Mitsubishi ^^

That wasn't my decision.
The winner of the last championship decides the car class and car class bans and I believe @Janneman60 wants to see how close he can come with the SUBARU against the Evo armada.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:11 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Heyho, I still need the votes from you for the next season.
Would be cool to get them until saturday, so I can set it up on sunday.

1st: @Janneman60 voted already for NR4/R4, both cars allowed.
2nd: @denim398 I need the calendar.
3rd: @Dytut I need the excluded rally. Please not argentina again, would be the 3rd time in a row.
4th: This n00b will decide the safary rally last minute as a surprise.
5th: @Snoopy43 I need the weather rally.

For information what the vote means, look at the first page.

Please do me all a favour and take the SUBARU, so...I can use the Evo and win!
😃

Hi!

Sorry not to answer, but I was at Croatia Rally and I just came back home. Maybe next time I will have chance to select 😉 I think if I will start in this Championship, I will take Subaru because it is LHD and it is not possible for me to drive EVO with cockpit camera with steering wheel on the wrong side... 😉

The shifting in the Subaru is like if you're driving your grandparents to church on sunday. Shift at 5000 rpm or earlier. Well the handling of the Sub is very good and easy. Let's see if my time is any good.

I accidentally just left the club. That's my lone silver trophy gone.

Anyway, for the new season, I think I'm going to chose the Subaru. Let's see how it goes. Just need to cut down on stupid clicks...

Posted (edited)

Speaking of stupid... I decided to test snow versus soft tyres in Monte Carlo. SS 1 to 3, it was softs. For three or four glorious sectors, I was ahead of the field, then winter was coming. Sort of. Let's just say it was difficult. Especially in downhill hairpins, the cumbersome car just didn't want to stop, resulting in time loss and one reset. Then there were those spins and one puncture. Things didn't get much better in SS 4-6, as my driving wasn't very precise. I stopped counting the spins at six or seven, there was another puncture and another reset. To top it off, in SS7 I left the road and got terminal damage.

It's hard to compare because I made so many mistakes and had to drive with a damaged car in SS 3 to 6, but I think snow tyres are faster (not by so much, maybe 5 to 10 seconds) in the long stages and of course the safer choice. But, it was nice to see those green sectors. There were just not enough of them.

Edited by YoMrWhite
On 4/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Janneman60 said:

The shifting in the Subaru is like if you're driving your grandparents to church on sunday. Shift at 5000 rpm or earlier. Well the handling of the Sub is very good and easy. Let's see if my time is any good.

Weird. I tried to really go for low revs in sweden, and it seems to actually work. No idea if @baunau had a particularly bad run, but I kept pretty much even pace with him in the evo, and he usually has the edge on me on Sweden. But really weird to drive like that, felt like I pretty much started, went up to 5th, then stayed there for the entire stage.

I tried to fight with @Dunoon1956 but I was overdriving the car or/and myself and soon was way behind. After that lesson I drove my own steady pace and managed to just pip @Dytut for second place. Not my best driving and it shows that on fast rally's the Sub is not good enough.

• Like 1

I had a good run for 5 stages, with only one roll in SS2 that didn't cost much. Then I had to take a break and when I continued with SS6, the car suddenly felt completely different. Maybe it was the worn out tyres, maybe just me being out of sync, I don't know. It felt weird, the grip was gone and so was my precision. I tried to keep up the speed, but had a spin and shortly afterwards a big crash with reset. Another spin in SS7 followed. A pity, for a short while I really thought I might score a podium here.

46 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

I tried to fight with @Dunoon1956 but I was overdriving the car or/and myself and soon was way behind. After that lesson I drove my own steady pace and managed to just pip @Dytut for second place. Not my best driving and it shows that on fast rally's the Sub is not good enough.

Well played, sir, well played 😄

I fiddled a bit with the car for Scotland, hope I can give you a good challenge there for top scooby 😄 It's still fast, so think it'll be a tall order to beat the Evos there though.

So jumped in for the Rally in Sweden. I had a few mis-shifts with the H-shifter but a lot of fun.

Are you guys go fully manual with H-Shifter or are you "cheating" with paddle shifters and auto clutch?

59 minutes ago, Peter Mathen said:

So jumped in for the Rally in Sweden. I had a few mis-shifts with the H-shifter but a lot of fun.

Are you guys go fully manual with H-Shifter or are you "cheating" with paddle shifters and auto clutch?

Some of us don't even drive with a wheel, so I think there's no consensus 😛

But I personally drive with full manual clutch, H-shifter and full rotation (soft locked). Heel-toe for victory!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dytut said:

But I personally drive with full manual clutch, H-shifter and full rotation (soft locked). Heel-toe for victory!

Heel-toe is more or less something I never learned. So it's something I've to work on 😅

I have a thrustmasters pedal set. But because of a bad back/hip I can't use the middle pedal as brake because I have to sit straight. So I've set the left pedal as brake pedal and the left flipper on the wheel is my clutch. The right flipper is the handbrake.

I also have a thrustmaster shifter. After a while I stopped rebuilding it from h-pattern to sequential, so now it's always sequential.

My wheel rotation is set to a very nervous 200 degrees. Also to prevent backpain by to much arm movements.

Sighh now I sound like a handicapt old man. As long as I can move around I'm not 😀 

• Like 3

I use the left pedal as brake, too, because the middle pedal is just too close to the gas. And no, I don't have gigantic feet, just a G27 set. Wheel rotation is somewhere between 300 and 360 I guess. Really don't know the exact number. And paddle shifters for me. Cheat shmeat.

I fully expected to be far behind in Scotland and tried to be conservative, but was still shocked about my times, especially compared to @Dunoon1956. When I tried to push a bit more after the first two stages, I was appalled by the lack of grip and the terrible understeer. Maybe I forgot to change the tyres? Happened to me before. Anyway, I was slow and then had some crashes in SS4 and SS5, which left the car seriously crippled for the last two stages. That was endurance indeed. Glad to have made it to the end.

Edited by YoMrWhite

I was going ok until a puncture and a reset on stage 5 spoiled things, I have learned not to go at 'angry speed' after incidents such as this and made it to the end ok.

Like @Janneman60 I have a bad back, which isn't helped by sitting on a kitchen chair playing this game, so I don't use pedals at all. I have mapped the Thrustmaster T150 so that right paddle is throttle, left Paddle is brake, gear up and down are the top buttons, handbrake is circle button. I have to cadence brake and accelerate, since using the paddles means the brakes and throttle are either fully on or fully off.

35 minutes ago, Dunoon1956 said:

I was going ok until a puncture and a reset on stage 5 spoiled things, I have learned not to go at 'angry speed' after incidents such as this and made it to the end ok.

Like @Janneman60 I have a bad back, which isn't helped by sitting on a kitchen chair playing this game, so I don't use pedals at all. I have mapped the Thrustmaster T150 so that right paddle is throttle, left Paddle is brake, gear up and down are the top buttons, handbrake is circle button. I have to cadence brake and accelerate, since using the paddles means the brakes and throttle are either fully on or fully off.

After the children left the house I made myself a mancave with a good playseat (from UGX). Sitting there is just good and can easily last 2 hours. But you need to have the space for a playseat.

Scotland is a rally I like but somehow I am not very fast there. I steady did my own race. 6 stages with ni problems, but a spin in ss7 without damage. With more risk maybe I could have been 1 place better but top spot was never in sight.