Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

Posted (edited)

I like the Argentina selection. The wet stages have to be driven very carefully. This time I dialed in the brightness also for the night stages to see a little more than in Scotland where I couldn't see anything and lost 2 minutes in the night stage.

Edited by PolarClaw

After 2 sectors I started to have trouble. Not with the car or the game but my left arm started to hurt. I know why as I am vaccinated for covid yesterday. I didn't notice anything untill driving dr2 but apperantly the movements I make with the wheel triggered my arm to hurt.

The first 3 stages it was doable with even winning ss3. But after that it got worse, so I had to take turns with my right hand at the wheel. That ment no handbraking and I lost about 20 seconds each stage. O well, another good story with my teammates and still I finished 3th 😀

Decided to do a last moment setup change. That was a big mistake as now the car was to much oversteered. Lost some time in ss1 and then in ss2 crashed in the very last corner and ended on the roof. Could see the finish which looked only half a meter away.

Thought everything was lost but carried on. After ss3 I could change the setup and from there on it was a pleasure to drive.

First for now but I guess @denim398 has to finish yet.

Other news, I for sure miss the next 2, and probably the next 3, events due to holiday.

Posted (edited)

As Poland is one of my not-so-favourite rallies, I thought I might just try to be clean and capitalize on the misfortune of others. A sound strategy that worked nearly two minutes. Then I didn't listen to my codriver and turned the wrong way. 17 seconds (17?) plus the delay were gone and my concentration, too. Two big crashes and two punctures (the second one fortunately just shortly before the finish of SS3) followed. After SS3, the car was quite banged up, so I couldn't repair everything and had to back down a bit - which was the initial strategy, if you remember, only with a healthy car. Of course I still managed to insert another roll and had a few moments in the rest of the stages. Bad driving, really.

Edited by YoMrWhite

Like YoMrWhite I made a mistake at stage 3 and I couldn't repair everything . And I forgot to change tyres. I was going for start button when I noticed tyre symbol. Engine damage was huge, could not get past third gear. But i made it to the last service at stage 6.  I took 55 second penalty for repair engine and radiator. Better luck next time and a little bit more careful. I hope.

18 hours ago, Dunoon1956 said:

Left Club by mistake😟, so lost all my points up until Poland, ah it's only a game.

Happened to me, too. Fortunately before the start of the season, so it was just one trophy that was lost. It would be nice if you had to confirm your decision when leaving a club. Now it's just one mindless click and you're gone.

2 hours ago, YoMrWhite said:

Happened to me, too. Fortunately before the start of the season, so it was just one trophy that was lost. It would be nice if you had to confirm your decision when leaving a club. Now it's just one mindless click and you're gone.

Yes, I usually hate those 'Are you sure' buttons, but in this case it would be useful.

Just wanted to let you guys know I won the "who had the worst run in poland rally this time"-award.

Started the rally knowing I wasn't in the "mood" of doing a good run, but I only had time at that point.
Did a shakedown, was ok, not fast, but ok. I'm in the Evo X I thought, I do a sunday drive and will still win with that overpowered machinery I thought.
Started.
Crashed on the first corner.
Cost some time, but no real damage.
Crashed on that bumpy part about 100 meters forward.
Smoking engine, puncture on the rear.
Did what I usually don't do: Rage quited.

😭🤪

• Like 1

Maybe I should just skip the Australian round of future championships. I always pledge to myself to be smooth and stay on the road and I always mess up. Big time. In SS3, after a few crashes, I left the road again. Already with a puncture and seriously damaged radiator and engine, I decided I had enough.

Hey, maybe we could just exclude Australia in the future! Brilliant idea, isn't it? Who's with me?

20 hours ago, YoMrWhite said:

Hey, maybe we could just exclude Australia in the future! Brilliant idea, isn't it? Who's with me?

Well, just get 3th in the standings and it is you to choose which rally to drop 😇

22 hours ago, YoMrWhite said:

Maybe I should just skip the Australian round of future championships. I always pledge to myself to be smooth and stay on the road and I always mess up. Big time. In SS3, after a few crashes, I left the road again. Already with a puncture and seriously damaged radiator and engine, I decided I had enough.

Yeah I am with you, I always have cooling and then engine issues in Australia, also some medium corners are deceptive in terms of speed and grip and when Phil says 'tightens' or raises his voice you better pay attention!

9 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

Well, just get 3th in the standings and it is you to choose which rally to drop 😇

This might be difficult. See the Australian results.😶

7 hours ago, Dunoon1956 said:

Yeah I am with you, I always have cooling and then engine issues in Australia, also some medium corners are deceptive in terms of speed and grip and when Phil says 'tightens' or raises his voice you better pay attention!

Good man! Let's spread the word! Or maybe one of us gets up to 3rd place. While we're at it, I'm not too fond of the USA rally...😉

Not a bad run in Finland. Had two punctures, one at the end of SS3 and a more costly one in SS4, apart from that I was able to keep it clean most of the way.

But why am I always losing so much time in the first sector? Sometimes up to 5 seconds! Is the Subaru really so much slower off the line? Or am I shifting too early? Too late? 😕

Edited by YoMrWhite

Hit a small tree on stage one and got radiator damage, managed to crawl through the next 2 stages, but after service the car was still too damaged to even move off the Start line ! so I retired.

Edited by Dunoon1956