Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

To my surprise I am first in the standings. Some bad runs, 2 events missed... what did you do guys?

Anyway, I did the last rally. Spain is often pain but this time it was troublefree and at a good speed.

But is it good enough?

For my part, I have a serious concentration issue these days. Started out fast in Spain, being ahead of @Janneman60in the first few sectors of SS1 and SS2 (don't know how I did that), then I started to lose time and began to make more and more mistakes, losing lots of time and retiring in SS2 after a mighty crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Heyho!

I tried 3 times to create a new championship over the last week.
A lot of wasted time putting effort into it.
Everytime I couldn't submit the championship, probably because you get automatically signed out after some time.
@PJTierney Please slap the guy, who is responsible for that, thanks.

Now I tried a 4th time and to save time and don't get logged out I only changed stages, degredation and service areas to our format.
And the 7th stage is always a night stage.
The rest of the stages have random choosen time of day/weather.

Car class: F2 Kit Car
Rally calendar: Rising Sun
Excluded rally: Sweden. Yes, I did it.
Safari rally: Finland

Starts in 30 mins, every rally goes a week long.

I'm still pretty sad I didn't won the last championship.
Had an overpowered car, @Janneman60 missed out on 2 rallies and still I messed it up somehow 😞 
Pace was alsways there, but I crashed hard several times.

Well, I don't expect much in the next one, because F2 Kit Cars is my least favourite class and I use them really rarely.
But I enjoyed them lately, so let's go!

FWD is not my strong suit, so I took the Peugeot, in order to be remotely competitive. Combine that with the USA, another one of my really weak suits, so to say, and we have a less than stellar performance. Understeer was so bad that I was convinced I forgot to take the soft tyres, but that wasn't the case. Just me, baby. Had one not so small crash, a puncture, at least two rolls and lots of other mistakes, but at least made it home.

Nice to see some new names in the standings. Welcome!

Edited by YoMrWhite

Nowhere first place but I managed to get to 2th place. But at ss6 I had a crash early in the stage and got a flat tire. At the end in 5th place so far.

Because of the worldwide chip problem it is very quite at work. So I could extend my september holiday. But now I'm going to mis 4 rounds...

Argentina was better than USA, still I experienced too much understeer for my liking and managed to go off three times, meaning nearly 40 seconds in penalty plus one blown tyre near the end of a stage. On to Scotland. Great place, but I suspect my limited track knowledge there will doom me if I try too much.

I bought myself a handbrake 😀 Not only I mounted it but decided to completely rebuild my rig. A new softer spring in the middle pedal so now I use the middle pedal for braking and the left one is the clutch again. The shifter I rebuild to h-shifter instead of sequential, and it is on another place to be more in line with the handbrake. Because of all that I can now use the flippers on the wheel for sequential shifting.

Confused? Yes that is exactly my problem! I get confused too sometimes and hit the clutch if I want to brake or use the shifter if I want the handbrake. In ss2 this caused me to have a severe crash and it ment a lot of small mistakes.

But in ss5 and 7 it went very good so there is hope. Second for now.

Two punctures - the first one in SS1 especially costly - and two rolls in Scotland. Apart from that I had fun and even some speed. Now I just have to cut down on my tyre-smashing habits. Easier said than done, I presume.

Edited by YoMrWhite
On 8/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, Janneman60 said:

As for the coming season, it looks like I will mis 3 rounds due to holiday (yes again on holiday 😃).

🥺
Two holiday trips in a year?
You must be rich! 😁

My summary so far:

USA:
Can't remember much, but wasn't exactly a clean run.
Only got 2nd because others had problems, too.
Misix is crazy fast, had no chance.

Argentina:
I was on fire! I somehow beat Denim on almost all stages.
Was one of my best runs ever in a F2 Kit Car.

Scotland:
We will see...didn't started yet, but I can foresee a crash happening 😅

Looks like I'm coming to grips with the Peugeot. It obviously helps that I know Wales better than the previous rallies. SS1 was good until the last sector, SS2 without significant mistakes, SS3 nearly brilliant. Nearly. I left the road early and found myself 12 seconds behind @Janneman60, but was able to reduce the deficit to 6,5 seconds at the end. Not bad. Maximum attack in SS4, resulting in a visit to the undergrowth and a reset. In SS5 I was on course for a stage win until I had another offroad experience, in SS6 and 7 I managed to stay on the road throughout. Oh, what could have been...

Wales was by far my best rally this season. First 3 stages were superb, then because I was tired, the speed dropped a bit but still fast.

Spain was differenr. Today was my last workday before holiday and I was a bit stressed when I started the rally. That showed, 2 resets in ss1 and a hard crash in ss3. With the feeling "all is lost anyway" the last 4 stages where the best in Spain I ever did.

Spain in a nutshell: 2 serious crashes, 3 resets (one a whopping 37 seconds), a few half spins, big problems in SS3 and SS6 due to the worn tyres.

I really should have just taken it easy instead of trying to push. But Spain seems so easy to drive at first, it's just tempting you to go flat out. For me, that's always a big mistake, at least here.

Edited by YoMrWhite

Scotland: Sooo, typical crash in Scotland happened, though still 3rd place.

Wales: Never had a chance. Pace was not good enough + some mistakes here and there, especially on the first stage.

Spain: Pace was good, Misix is way too fast for me, though. But was faster than all others, so quite good for me.

Start to really like the Kit Cars. Raced pretty often lately in one of them and I like that you have to really "work" to get the cars were you wanna have them.
Though the Golf is a bit lazy on the power side...
But at least it's the most predictable one from these 3.

Germany was much better than Spain, as usually.

Very unusual on the other side: I had nothing to repair after SS3. Nada. Rien, Nichts.

Was it just a very clean drive or a too careful one? Time will tell. The times of others, to be precise.