Jump to content Jump to content

DRC | DiRT Rally Championship | The Forum's Club

SkyRex

On 2/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Janneman60 said:

With some sadness I made the decision to stop with DRC and move on.

Thank you all for the good fun I had here. 

If needed I'll choose the car/category for the next season..

Going out with a bang, aren't we?

Congratulations to your first place. Sad to hear you are diverting your attention to greener (?) pastures.

I think you still should vote for next seasons car class. As long as it is H3 or Group A...

The other question is if we find a sufficient number of starters for that season.

As for the weather rally, I'm going with rain in Finland. 3 stages with rain, the other four with wet surface.

Edited by YoMrWhite

On 2/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Janneman60 said:

With some sadness I made the decision to stop with DRC and move on.

Thank you all for the good fun I had here. 

If needed I'll choose the car/category for the next season..

That's sad.
Any specific reason for this?
Probably low competition, eh?

Not sure why @denim398stopped in the middle of the season. He stopped in several others at the same time, I hope hes alright and just needs a brake or something.
@somethingthingalso stopped, so there was no real competition for you this season anymore.
I just couldn't hold up, had my fair share of problems with the car to keep it one the road.
Was hoping to get a closer competition next season with you, but oh well.

You should really choose the car class for next season, you deserved it.
(but no sh***y one, please 😄 )

On 2/6/2022 at 4:36 PM, YoMrWhite said:

The other question is if we find a sufficient number of starters for that season.

As for the weather rally, I'm going with rain in Finland. 3 stages with rain, the other four with wet surface.

Hm. Maybe we should change the format? Maybe make it easier, but longer?
Or easier in general? Or just shorter?
Or just keep it how it is?

I don't know.
I will drive, no matter what.
Thoughts?

On 2/8/2022 at 6:22 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Hm. Maybe we should change the format? Maybe make it easier, but longer?
Or easier in general? Or just shorter?
Or just keep it how it is?

I don't know.
I will drive, no matter what.
Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by easier.

Personally, I like events with a mix of long and short stages, but there are other clubs who use this, so we could keep the format like it is, just to be different. Really undecided here.

• Agree 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, YoMrWhite said:

Not sure what you mean by easier.

Personally, I like events with a mix of long and short stages, but there are other clubs who use this, so we could keep the format like it is, just to be different. Really undecided here.

I don't know, maybe it's too much for newcomers to race 3 longs without service, but ok, let's keep the format.
But maybe change the "1 car per season" rule to "you have tu use all cars in the class at least once, before using one a second time"?
Would put a nice strategic element into the season.

Just an idea.

@Janneman60I need the vehicle class from you, even if you don't wanna compete.
@baunauI need the season (you can find the options on page 1).
@somethingthingI need the safari rally from you (also info on page 1).
@YoMrWhiteI need the weather rally from you and how you wanna set it up. Unlike it says on page 1 there are no restrictions. If you want want a full night rally, you can do it.

I wanna set the championship up as fast as possible, so if I don't get the information needed by sunday 6 pm potato time, I set up what I want, lul.

7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

But maybe change the "1 car per season" rule to "you have tu use all cars in the class at least once, before using one a second time"?
Would put a nice strategic element into the season.

Just an idea.

@Janneman60I need the vehicle class from you, even if you don't wanna compete.
@baunauI need the season (you can find the options on page 1).
@somethingthingI need the safari rally from you (also info on page 1).
@YoMrWhiteI need the weather rally from you and how you wanna set it up. Unlike it says on page 1 there are no restrictions. If you want want a full night rally, you can do it.

Changing cars is a good idea, but do you really want to monitor this? Anyway, you have my vote for this.

As stated before, weather rally is Finland, all day, ALL WET, 3 stages with rain, the rest without, but wet surface.

My pick for season structure is Northbound.

Changing cars sounds interesting, but might be a pain to monitor if the idea is to enforce it through penalties. I like the idea, though, even if it'll just be based on an honour system.

3 hours ago, Frankiestail said:

Gonna be the lancia cup

Not me, baby.

1 hour ago, baunau said:

Changing cars sounds interesting, but might be a pain to monitor if the idea is to enforce it through penalties. I like the idea, though, even if it'll just be based on an honour system.

Then let's just do this on a voluntary basis. At least in Group A, there is no clear-cut fastest or slowest car for every location.

• Agree 1

Ok, everything is set up.
This time I manually edited every single bit possible.
Expect a variety of daytimes and weather conditions in every rally...except finland, wich is wet all the way.

I excluded Spain. My choice, deal with it.
I choose Scotland as safari-rally. And it's 6 in a row and then a service for the last short stage. Tihihi.

I edited also the description of the club a bit.
Now you have to use all 5 cars once, before the process repeats with the 6th rally.
Wich 2 of the 5 you use a 3rd time on the 11th and 12th rally is your choice.
The order your using the cars is also your choice.
This is a gentlemen's agreement here, no penalties. I will monitor the regular drivers, though.

If someone is unsure, wich cars he already used, he can check the LB or ask me here.

Starts in a couple of hours.
I'm really interested to see, if someone is using the cars a bit strategic.

• Thanks 1