DRC - DiRT Rally Championship

DR2 League Structure  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Rally Structure do you prefer for the new DRC in DR2. (Allways including all locations incl. DLC)

• 5 Stages per Rally: The 2 long ones in both directions, plus a short Power stage at the end
    • 7 Stages per Rally: The 2 long ones in both directions and 2 repeated in different conditions, plus a short Power stage

SkyRex said:
I managed to be 20 sec faster than Porkhammers fastest 2000's run on that track o.O ?! I .. don't even... how?!

I was upgrading the car. :P

Well, so far so good. I wasn't last by quite a margin on the first stage, and wasn't first by one either. I feel the cars aren't upgraded. Is it so?

EDIT: Permission to say:

On the second stage I got a puncture from a sudden crisis I would have gotten out alive from 9/10 times. Slowed me down grastically, and lost my place.

Ended the event and WOW did I do good! I am last, and 41 seconds down to Audi, my closest rival, but I feel it was the slickest drive in any league I've done so far. I even won the second run through Peresma Platani! I WON A STAGE YAYYYY (and I would have finished the stage before only 4 seconds down to the winner had I not flown off the side of a cliff and lost 12 seconds. Last power stage was awful, but I apparently made up some more time to Audi (or I calculated wrong earlier). All in all, a good drive. I expect to be in the points at the end.

Ended the event and WOW did I do good! I am last, and 41 seconds down to Audi, my closest rival, but I feel it was the slickest drive in any league I've done so far. I even won the second run through Peresma Platani! I WON A STAGE YAYYYY (and I would have finished the stage before only 4 seconds down to the winner had I not flown off the side of a cliff and lost 12 seconds. Last power stage was awful, but I apparently made up some more time to Audi (or I calculated wrong earlier). All in all, a good drive. I expect to be in the points at the end.
How in Gods holy name (and all that) could I not be last after the shitty round I did, think I was off the road several time on each stage, and the last stage alone I got three resets, losing 45 sec alone.

In between all my offs, something quick must have happened :smile: 

PS: FloatingGrass, not trying to put you down here, have also noted that we usually have our little competition down the scoreboard, which I enjoy very much, just didn't expect to beat you in this event.

Auduns said:
How in Gods holy name (and all that) could I not be last after the shitty round I did, think I was off the road several time on each stage, and the last stage alone I got three resets, losing 45 sec alone.

In between all my offs, something quick must have happened :smile: 

PS: FloatingGrass, not trying to put you down here, have also noted that we usually have our little competition down the scoreboard, which I enjoy very much, just didn't expect to beat you in this event.
Oh no worries! I had a puncture at the beginning of the second stage and refused to replace it, losing a lot of time and getting below you. There was no getting back after that one, but we could have had a nicer figt had that puncture not happened ;)

Forgot to mention that I used the default setup on the focus all event. Nothing to do with my result, just saying that it's possibly the best default setup in the game.

SkyRex said:
I managed to be 20 sec faster than Porkhammers fastest 2000's run on that track o.O ?! I .. don't even... how?!

Tell the truth, you were going in reverse!

vajb said:
SkyRex said:

Tell the truth, you were going in reverse!
It was a bet...

SS1: Of course you should do a shakedown. Get a feel for the car, change the setup... Unfortunately there was some problem with my brain-hand-eye-coordination, because I pressed "Start the stage" immediately. Great... No rhythm, a few halfspins, bad time.

SS2: Better. Not good, but better.

SS3: With more confidence, I tried to push, resulting in a spin in a tight place. Some seconds lost. Rhythm said goodbye again.

SS4: Shortly before the end of the stage, my older daughter wanted me to check her homework. Lost concentration, spun. Being the best dad in the world, I kept a stiff upper lip.

SS6: High speed roll without significant time loss. But I drove very slowly after that. Was sure Audi75 would catch me, but he lost a lot of time in the last stage.

Entertaining ride, though the car felt much more nervous than I would have liked.

YoMrWhite said:

SS1: Of course you should do a shakedown. Get a feel for the car, change the setup... Unfortunately there was some problem with my brain-hand-eye-coordination, because I pressed "Start the stage" immediately. Great... No rhythm, a few halfspins, bad time.

SS2: Better. Not good, but better.

SS3: With more confidence, I tried to push, resulting in a spin in a tight place. Some seconds lost. Rhythm said goodbye again.

SS4: Shortly before the end of the stage, my older daughter wanted me to check her homework. Lost concentration, spun. Being the best dad in the world, I kept a stiff upper lip.

SS6: High speed roll without significant time loss. But I drove very slowly after that. Was sure Audi75 would catch me, but he lost a lot of time in the last stage.

Entertaining ride, though the car felt much more nervous than I would have liked.

Oh yes I did, my last stage was royally messed up :smile: 

There goes my chance to score some points. First stage went really well (actually got a PB), something like 5th place I think, so started the second stage thinking "yeah, I can push a bit more...". Bad idea. Straight into a tree just over the halfway mark and a puncture. Kept going but confidence was just shot, at least one crash/reset per stage until SS5, when I got a puncture barely a couple of minutes in. After a quick 3 or 4 resets following that, retiring just seemed the right thing to do. Ouch. Could still drive around Greece all day though, love that place.

On to the next!

Surprised that I'm actually at 5th place currently. I had no rhythm at all for the whole event, felt slow and sluggish with multiple offs and spins.

I hope nobody else does the league for the next five hours :hushed: At least one point will suit me.

In other news, I did a practice run through Kakaristo in the Focus. Made it only halfway until I over-counter-steered on a jump and careened into the trees. I am feeling quite confident though, so I might be in for a treat.

DONE!

Not without many small errors in the first couple of stages and the power stage, but I just had an awesome battle for 4th, and it was so tight between myself and 2 or 3 other drivers in the last 30 or so kilometers. 

Here's how I finished, with an absolute nerve-racking fight with Ivy. 

Nice fights up and down the leaderboards. I lost out on 8th place by 7,5 seconds. But 2 points are 2 points. I mean, do I have a point there? Wait, that sounds stupid...

Hello.
Just joined this league as my first league. I realize i missed the first few events in this season, but did okay in Finland to start.
Other than having to change a tire halfway through a stage.
:(

fucked up this rally, not in the right mental state.   

@SkyRex 

maybe it's better to have an option to save after evry stage     and have a service park evry 2stages

I'm first at halfway point, one second ahead of Rinus! Great rally so far, clipped a hinkelbush at the beginning of the first stage and bottomed out before the house jump two stages later, damaging the radiator and then the engine, but I feel I can hold on to first or at least second if I keep pushing.

Agh. Awful stage 6, got a puncture at the very beginning and limped through to be 2 minutes off the pace. Finished third overall, although I could have been second. Overall, I feel satisfied.

Had a good fight with Headquake until I broke the radiator and lost power :confused: 

Fucked up big time this time. Crashed 4 times and totally wrecked my car. All the engine lights where on and probably had 100 hp on the last stage. :D  Good luck for the rest

Tried purely concentrating on going 3/4 speed and getting clean runs, which apart from a couple of resets worked rather well for all the long stages. Noticed I was only a few seconds behind 3rd after the long stages... I know I'll just push a bit on this last one, it's only short, I'm sure I can catch up. You guessed it, straight into a tree about 5 corners in and a rear right puncture. Many spins later, I finish, having dropped a place let alone gained one. Finland is cruel :( One day I'll finish a whole event without a puncture at the beginning of a stage, one day.

Started well, ended soon.
I was 8th after first stage instead of last as usual. Then I crashed very very badly.

The Subaru in Finland is just weird to me. It feels safe and easy to drive, so I lose my concentration and start to imagine myself as a bird flying into the treetops. Which I then promptly emulate with the car.

After that debacle in Finland today. I felt ashamed, cause Finland is my signature track. So I finetuned the Focus 01 in 4 long tracks. I am very happy with it now. Sometimes you think you've found the holy grail with a car setup, but actually you can finetune it better. 
Honestly, I recommend the default setup for the Focus. It's possibly the best setup in the game.