Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

So online huh...

Recommended Posts

Purple44 said:
Goonertez said:
Purp...what we have been doing in the online/open servers, is using the loaner cars, but disabling tuning and upgrades.

This makes for an almost even playing field.

infact i think the only differences made will be in the % health of the car you are driving and its mileage.
Assuming the mileage factor wont be negated in disabling of upgrades/tuning.

anyway thats how ive seen it and its fun and seems to work

Good to hear there an easy way to get all players to race cars with the same setup. :)

The GAS playlists may die an early death, but I know where I can get a good race with some good players online. Now if I could get text chat, I would come join the old "gang" online. Or I'm going have to wait a month or 2 to find a good sale on GRID Autosport if there no text chat get patch in.
Purp you know youre always welcome on TS.
You still got the details I believe if not you can get them from the site or I pm them to ya.  :D
Now get the game and come join us, even without text chat.  :D
Goonertez said:Playlists ugh...i cant understand why anybody [apart from the very casual gamer] would even want to do playlists.

custom cup all the way!
Yep and close it down when enough players are on TS.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sucr4m said:

This is not about if its "easier" just to not buy a car because you dont like to juggle the costs and stuff. Its just not really logical. If you wouldnt be able to make money from racing with sponsors and price money no one would bother with racing. If you buy this game later at a point where everybody already maxed the best car in every category you could still race with upgrades turned off.

As for the adjustment, i read it twice now on this forum just to link the repaircost do your "clean driving status" which is pretty much the best idea. It reward clean driving as much as possible and drive those crashkiddies into repaircost ruins.

------------------------------------------------l-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, you can only race with upgrades turned off in custom and I think I mentioned in a previous post that in my experience so far, the cost of running in a custom cup in a small lobby is even more prohibitive than in playlists, even for loan cars.

Yh, I've also seen the suggestion to link repair costs to the driver status and agree it's a good idea as long as the marker status is reflective and I'm not going to get penalised when I drive into the back of someone after they've brake checked me on a straight lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I didn't realize that the more you drove a car, the more it costs to repair. Does this go for cars that you bought used that already has high mileage? I'm at a point where I can buy most lower end cars new, so I'll sell and rebuy of I need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goonertez said:
Purple44 said:
Goonertez said:
Purp...what we have been doing in the online/open servers, is using the loaner cars, but disabling tuning and upgrades.

This makes for an almost even playing field.

infact i think the only differences made will be in the % health of the car you are driving and its mileage.
Assuming the mileage factor wont be negated in disabling of upgrades/tuning.

anyway thats how ive seen it and its fun and seems to work

Good to hear there an easy way to get all players to race cars with the same setup. :)

The GAS playlists may die an early death, but I know where I can get a good race with some good players online. Now if I could get text chat, I would come join the old "gang" online. Or I'm going have to wait a month or 2 to find a good sale on GRID Autosport if there no text chat get patch in.
Playlists ugh...i cant understand why anybody [apart from the very casual gamer] would even want to do playlists.

custom cup all the way!

One reason is to get a full lobby, 10-12 players. Who wants to just race with just 3-4 players in a custom host?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goonertez said:
Purple44 said:
Goonertez said:
Purp...what we have been doing in the online/open servers, is using the loaner cars, but disabling tuning and upgrades.

This makes for an almost even playing field.

infact i think the only differences made will be in the % health of the car you are driving and its mileage.
Assuming the mileage factor wont be negated in disabling of upgrades/tuning.

anyway thats how ive seen it and its fun and seems to work

Good to hear there an easy way to get all players to race cars with the same setup. :)

The GAS playlists may die an early death, but I know where I can get a good race with some good players online. Now if I could get text chat, I would come join the old "gang" online. Or I'm going have to wait a month or 2 to find a good sale on GRID Autosport if there no text chat get patch in.
Playlists ugh...i cant understand why anybody [apart from the very casual gamer] would even want to do playlists.

custom cup all the way!

You would be surprised about playlists if you'd given them a chance :)

IMO, diversity is best way to learn the game. 

And there are many fast and fair players. Actually, now thanks to high car costs and grid order, races are kinda clean. On touring playlists with slow cars there is really hard to crash :)

And it's mostly full:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My biggest reason to not use the playlist is it is to hard to group together if youre not going in as a group.
People who enters later on TS cant join then anymore due to full server.
Also I like the control you have over cars and tracks in custom.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goonertez said:
cheaper cars a

Truth be told, my difficulty bonus always seem to cover any damage bills I get, and then some.

Also the fact that you all seem to be racing hypercars with no money , really alludes to the fact that CM don't need to change any game design and that some of you guys need to change some of your in-game choices.

A bad choice by the player, is not a design flaw by the game makers.

So, maybe try different disciplines till you get some bank, try turning some hand holds off and experience the game properly, I don't think someone such as myself should be gimped because some people choose to the play the game in a manner not intended by its designers.

Although, having the damage bill proportionally weighted to the drivers' current impact rating would make for a smarter game mechanic, especially to reduce bad driving.


no hand holds or hypercars here, yet its still financially unviable for me to run my own chevy cruze in clean races at a profit.
How can that not be a game flaw?

Perhaps you could quantify your own 'profitable experience' a little more so we can see where we are going wrong?

for example, my cruze has all upgrades applied. It also has all the tuning options unlocked to level 3.
Im white impact rating.
the cruze is level 55 i think.
im level 25 in touring discipline [i think it is]

when i say clean race, i mean very clean, a private server with friends on teamspeak....who incidentally, suffer the exact same cash flow woes.

so could you please provide the same detail level, so that we can see how your costs are being covered?
it may uncover a wee nugget of info eh.

Thanks in advance 8D
Touring cars are one of the most expensive categories to run in (not as close as expensive as hypercars, but still expensive compared to most of street and every single tuner category).
sucr4m said:
SirDriftalots confirmed for Troll.

There is no risk or reward when you simply cant make any money from driving a bought car.
At the time you leveled it as far as 50 so you get the last upgrade it already costs more to repair than what you can win. Even worse when you race with less oponents as the winnings go down by that too.
So you have to rebuy, relevel and reupgrade with money you dont have because the car got too expensive to drive to begin with. And that is at the lowest class already (Touring C). I cant even begin to imagine what it would be like at cars that set you back a half million and more.
Fun fact, Cat A Touring is cheaper than Cat C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goonertez said:
cheaper cars a

Truth be told, my difficulty bonus always seem to cover any damage bills I get, and then some.

Also the fact that you all seem to be racing hypercars with no money , really alludes to the fact that CM don't need to change any game design and that some of you guys need to change some of your in-game choices.

A bad choice by the player, is not a design flaw by the game makers.

So, maybe try different disciplines till you get some bank, try turning some hand holds off and experience the game properly, I don't think someone such as myself should be gimped because some people choose to the play the game in a manner not intended by its designers.

Although, having the damage bill proportionally weighted to the drivers' current impact rating would make for a smarter game mechanic, especially to reduce bad driving.


no hand holds or hypercars here, yet its still financially unviable for me to run my own chevy cruze in clean races at a profit.
How can that not be a game flaw?

Perhaps you could quantify your own 'profitable experience' a little more so we can see where we are going wrong?

for example, my cruze has all upgrades applied. It also has all the tuning options unlocked to level 3.
Im white impact rating.
the cruze is level 55 i think.
im level 25 in touring discipline [i think it is]

when i say clean race, i mean very clean, a private server with friends on teamspeak....who incidentally, suffer the exact same cash flow woes.

so could you please provide the same detail level, so that we can see how your costs are being covered?
it may uncover a wee nugget of info eh.

Thanks in advance 8D
You're driving in one of the most expensive categories in the game. Cat C and Cat B touring cars are more expensive than most street categories and literally ALL of the tuner section. Even openwheel is significantly cheaper if you aren't running Indycar.


sucr4m said:
SirDriftalots confirmed for Troll.

There is no risk or reward when you simply cant make any money from driving a bought car.
At the time you leveled it as far as 50 so you get the last upgrade it already costs more to repair than what you can win. Even worse when you race with less oponents as the winnings go down by that too.
So you have to rebuy, relevel and reupgrade with money you dont have because the car got too expensive to drive to begin with. And that is at the lowest class already (Touring C). I cant even begin to imagine what it would be like at cars that set you back a half million and more.
Fun fact: Cat A Touring is cheaper than Cat C. (Cat C = $200k, Cat B = $500k, Cat A = $145k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol, yeah, delete the lot. 8D

No seriously, i think i see what hes tryina say, but its irrelevant in any case to the point that was being discussed.
If the racing is more expensive [which clearly it is if his numbers are correct] then the rewards should be larger.

This is a racing game....we want to pick it up, jump in a car and race.
Who wants to go manage there finances or worry about how the next repair bill is gonna get covered?

Theres enough of that in real life.
Whatever next, forklift truck simulator or sommat? [available from excalibur software at all good retail outlets]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TUSMBOX said:
I didn't realize that the more you drove a car, the more it costs to repair. Does this go for cars that you bought used that already has high mileage? I'm at a point where I can buy most lower end cars new, so I'll sell and rebuy of I need to.
Only thing is that when you sell you also lose the upgrades.
So if you have level 40 on a car you have to choose between having high repairs bills due to mileage or buy a new one and start at level 1. Or if you run out of garage space...
I know Loore has said it shouldnt be necessary to level the car again but it is.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounding at the minute like a game of 'broken spreadsheet simulator' would be less frustrating than Autosport MP.  Glad I haven't bothered with it yet.  Seems to me from what I've read (and played of career mode) that all the complex side of the MP would have been better suited to the career mode, and the simplicity of the career mode would have better suited multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×