DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

So online huh...

Here's my one and only major complaint. Having to pay for damage has gotten out of control . When its not your fault and you end up coming in last and win 500 dollars but then have 5000 in damages that to me is what is going to hurt online. That will be the online killer. I know you guys added this in to help curve the bad driving but guess what nope people Dont care.
I have one possible solution why not for the first 20-30 seconds of any race you ghost the cars that would end the first corner disaster.  @loore is something like this even possible. If I can make it through the first corner I can usually post a podium but if not race is over as u can't steer , pretty fun when I don't cause the guys from behind going o there's a corner coming up let me floor it and drive straight ahead and plow info anyone who's in his path.

Otherwise fun game, enjoying it much more the G2.

The idea that repairs would curve the bad driving, was a good idea.  In theory. 

The trouble is even if youve raced clean, and made no contact you are still hit with a stupid repair bill. 

Ive just been in a custom cup, with 6 people.  Racing Class B loaner touring cars. 

I win the a 3 lap race on Hokenheim, starting from 3rd place, make no contact with anyone or anything, so why the 5000 repair bill? 

The fact is CM, the handling model has fixed alot of the crashing and ramming.  The repair bill is killing the fun.  Im trying to save money to buy the B class merc, $500,000.    You say custom cup will be my home.

I tried it, got ripped off, so its back to the playlists.  

Becuase of this repair bill, all 6 of us in this lobby, got fed up of racing clean, and loosing money.  

Awesome game, but I keep finding little things that have a massive impact.  

Please CodeMasters, either scrap the repair bills or nerf them.   If im orange or red, and im hitting people then yeah hit me with a massive repair bill.   

Its such a great game, but its ruined by these things,  We want to get in a car, and go and race it.  Not have to repair it at a loss every race.   

Can we import our winnings from grid 2? 

The trouble is even if youve raced clean, and made no contact you are still hit with a stupid repair bill. 

Ive just been in a custom cup, with 6 people.  Racing Class B loaner touring cars. 

I win the a 3 lap race on Hokenheim, starting from 3rd place, make no contact with anyone or anything, so why the 5000 repair bill? 

The fact is CM, the handling model has fixed alot of the crashing and ramming.  The repair bill is killing the fun.  Im trying to save money to buy the B class merc, $500,000.    You say custom cup will be my home.

Becuase of this repair bill, all 6 of us in this lobby, got fed up of racing clean, and loosing money.  

Please CodeMasters, either scrap the repair bills or nerf them.   If im orange or red, and im hitting people then yeah hit me with a massive repair bill.   

Its such a great game, but its ruined by these things,  We want to get in a car, and go and race it.  Not have to repair it at a loss every race.   

You
nailed that perfect bro , @loore read this please and respond to this please.

It is easy. 

People with orange/red symbol = very punishing bills

Yellow = Moderate bills

Green = Symbolic bills

Agree with Hola there. I've had clean races and get the same bill every time. Makes no sense whatsoever. Loving the rest of online, it's just the repair bills that needs modifying

Agree 100%.
Did several races yesterday. Anything above the low tier classes and i started losing money even in perfectly clean races.
If this isnt tweaked average and casual gamers will leave this game within a month.
Right now it looks like you have to grind for money in pure mmorpg style unless you are a top driver that win every race.
And that is hard to do with limited matches in your class range and play list forcing you do drive those expensive cars.
So either scale earnings to class or reduce repair bills. And please add some more options for play list. Add a low and a high tier setting so you can choose the class range that is right for you. Putting new players in a hypercars race is just stupid and is bound to make them broke.

LOL I got bored in a race after being smashed and left behind so I wrote the car off by killing it 5 times into the walls and at the race end I got a nice - (minus)5000 credits and no earnings hehe, teach me not to do that again. 

I think @Loore needs to explain this more 
We're talking about your feedback today, have nothing else to share at this time. Repair costs are something we'll be discussing.

Loore said:
I think @Loore needs to explain this more 
We're talking about your feedback today, have nothing else to share at this time. Repair costs are something we'll be discussing.
Just discuss It this way:

hola said:

It is easy. 

People with orange/red symbol = very punishing bills

Yellow = Moderate bills

Green = Symbolic bills

Period.

The red/yellow/green/white impact ratings could be seen as the level of insurance cover you get.  Cleaner drivers will get a better deal and fork out less.

I have the orange symbol because in the three races, i had two with the mclaren f1 and people crashed me on the back all the time, at least now I know what are those symbols thanks fellas + in a moment i had only 23$ on my account because of that damages and bad standings lol

I have the orange symbol because in the three races, i had two with the mclaren f1 and people crashed me on the back all the time, at least now I know what are those symbols thanks fellas + in a moment i had only 23$ on my account because of that damages and bad standings lol
When impact ratings are on the better your color the more extra bonus money you will earn, let alone people might scetch out and think that u are a wrecker even tho others made it happen.

I didn't think the repair bills were THAT bad. I've only had maybe one race where I lost money due to damage, even in the Indycar.

TUSMBOX said:
I didn't think the repair bills were THAT bad. I've only had maybe one race where I lost money due to damage, even in the Indycar.

More expensive the car more cost to fix.

Yes on a single race with the mclaren I lost almost 4000 one time and 2000 the other one, because people crashes me on the back, but that should be lag (of mine for sure)

Loaded up MP for the very first time the other day and had a yellow symbol before even taking part in my first race.  What is that all about (rhetorical lol)

Truth be told, my difficulty bonus always seem to cover any damage bills I get, and then some.

Also the fact that you all seem to be racing hypercars with no money , really alludes to the fact that CM don't need to change any game design and that some of you guys need to change some of your in-game choices.

A bad choice by the player, is not a design flaw by the game makers.

So, maybe try different disciplines till you get some bank, try turning some hand holds off and experience the game properly, I don't think someone such as myself should be gimped because some people choose to the play the game in a manner not intended by its designers.

Although, having the damage bill proportionally weighted to the drivers' current impact rating would make for a smarter game mechanic, especially to reduce bad driving.

We are basically penalised for buying your own vehicle, and upgrading it. 

Chevvy cruze is a fine example. Couple of upgrades, and start a race with the car at 100%, win the race, get a clean race bonus, win 10k and then find my car is at 84% and it costs 5k for each repair. Giving me an undeserved 15k repair bill. So my reward for racing clean is minus 5k.

Meanwhile Mr griefer is driving a loan vehicle smashing everyone's personal cars, he gets a $200 damage bill, and the rest is profit. 

Why should I drive my car? Why should I even drive cleanly? If I can make the money by ramming through the pack. Knowing that I can't actually wreck my car and end my drive. 

There are even 5 flashbacks to help out the dirty loan car drivers. ( I'm not calling every driver of a loan car dirty) The only way to save money is by using loan cars. This just kills the game right there. No point in playing for a better car, if your racing at a loss.
 How long would F1 last if they lost 10million every race. (real life) Not very long. 

This is a racing game, make it a racing game. Please. Right now it's a money manager simulator, with race cars. 

There are 2 things that have to change:

Repair bills 
 Grid order needs to be random. 

You've done a great job with the cars and the handling, the game is great. But the non racing aspects are killing the fun. 

Custom gives n money and very high repairs. You had a similar problem with grid 2. 

WHY IS THAT

PROBLEM ON THIS

GAME?????? 

Why can't custom pay out the same as online playing. A race on spa is a race on spa. Makes no difference if it's in a custom cup or online playing....so WHY the difference? 

I'm not moaning because I can't make any money, I'm moaning because I'm being punished for racing clean. And so is everyone online on the xbox. I'm sure the other platforms are the same.

Come on CM, make your community happy. 

Afterall, it very hard for the less skilled players to make money, and I'm sure it was those flashback happy users you wanted to make this game accessible for.

Truth be told, my difficulty bonus always seem to cover any damage bills I get, and then some.

Also the fact that you all seem to be racing hypercars with no money , really alludes to the fact that CM don't need to change any game design and that some of you guys need to change some of your in-game choices.

So, maybe try different disciplines till you get some bank, try turning some hand holds off and experience the game properly, I don't think someone such as myself should be gimped because some people choose to the play the game in a manner not intended by its designers.

Although, having the damage bill proportionally weighted to the drivers' current impact rating would make for a smarter game mechanic, especially to reduce bad driving.

I play in the everything discipline, so not much I can do when a HyperCar comes up but quit. So not sure why its my fault that the game closes the car . u should probably reword your comment threre buddy.

I play in the everything discipline, so not much I can do when a HyperCar comes up but quit. So not sure why its my fault that the game closes the car . u should probably reword your comment threre buddy.

That's my exact point, you can help it if automatically chooses a hyper car by not playing in the 'everything' or the 'street' discipline, till you build some levels and some bank in the other disciplines.

By playing in 'everything', you are making a conscious decision, and the result of which is having a negative effect on your progress through the game, but instead of making different decisions you are blaming the game designers, asking them to change their game to suit you.

So it is your fault, Buddy.