Sign in to follow this  

Israel flag is missing.

I love codemasters very much and I enjoy to purchase almost any game for many years.

Each year I see more and more country flags, when will I be able to play with my own?

Thanks a lot. 

It's classed as a "territory" isn't it ?  Also sometimes I hear it on the news called a "State" but never referred to as a Country... however they do have a national flag so it is strange it is not included if Codies sell their games there.

I'll be happy to see any flag of any nationality in the game.

I expect to enjoy the game that I purchased.

Please don't involve politics with gaming.

cooldude7 said:
Oscar97 said:
Israel isn't a country.
I think you may find it is and I think he would know it is as he lives there.
Yes it's definitely a country  I think you'll find that you might be thinking Palestine or however it's spelt as a territory or whatever in the country.Israel is a most definitely a country has it's own Government and Prime Minister just as we do and it's own Football team and such again just as we do. So it has everything to be considered a country even has it's own flag and national anthem.

cooldude7 said:
Oscar97 said:
Israel isn't a country.
Yes it's definitely a country  I think you'll find that you might be thinking Palestine or however it's spelt as a territory or whatever in the country.Israel is a most definitely a country has it's own Government and Prime Minister just as we do and it's own Football team and such again just as we do. So it has everything to be considered a country even has it's own flag and national anthem.
So Tahiti and Niue are countries too. Both have flags, teams and anthems

Gui1 said:
cooldude7 said:
Oscar97 said:
Israel isn't a country.
Never heard of Niue but yes Tahiti is a country I believe

I'll be happy to see any flag of any nationality in the game.

I expect to enjoy the game that I purchased.

Please don't involve politics with gaming.
Unfortunately it's almost impossible to separate flags and politics. Most global software projects I've worked on have explicitly avoided using flags for just this reason.

Gui1 said:
cooldude7 said:
Oscar97 said:
Israel isn't a country.
Never heard of Niue but yes Tahiti is a country I believe

For all intents and purposes, Tahiti is
basically autonomous but is not an independent country, rather it's an 'overseas country' of France, and officially speaking, is part of France. Whether Tahitians (or formally, French Polynesians) actually identify as French is a different story.

Israel, on the other hand, is recognised as a country by 160 UN members. The only countries that do not recognise Israel are the Arab states, states which are predominantly Islamic (with the exception of Egypt) and weirdly enough, Cuba and North Korea. The origins of this are traced back to 50's, 60's and World War II and are too complicated to even type.

Why there isn't an Israeli flag in the game is probably down to politics and not upsetting countries that do not recognise it, which are very sensitive to the issue.

Quoting's broken.

i live in the philippines, but according to codies i live in "rest of world". c'mon codies get off your ass!

Codemasters also filters out the word Israel from the driver's name,
so I don't see any hope to separate gaming from politics soon.
At least the country Israel is still available on the purchase form,
and the game is not bad... in fact the game is pretty addictive...

Politics aside if you live there and you have a flag and anthem. Then by all means you should be able to choose the flag you live under, if you want to. I see no need to bring politics into a game of all things. Heck it would funny if you could put James May's flag by your name if you want. Who cares, so what. Will the world implode if you have these flags? Probably not.

Would the FIA or NASCAR tell an Israeli driver they cannot show their flag? Nope. The 2012 Daytona 500 had a car in it with the Israeli flag displayed on it prominently.