Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any players here compete IRL?

How many here have driven competitively in the real world?  What did you compete in and what cars did you drive?

I'll start: 

Autocross - Nissan 240SX (S14) and Ford Mustang GT (S197)
Rally-X (US style which is Auto-X on dirt time trial) - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (CZ4A)

I've raced in 6 charity events at the Mosport track in Ontario, Canada.  The cars we raced with were Formula Fords.  Some of the best fun I've ever had. Although it wasn't for competition, my best finish was 5th out of 14 drivers.  In fact the only reason why I bought Project Cars was because of the Formula Rookie car and the memories it brought back. 

coolieboy said:
I've raced in 6 charity events at the Mosport track in Ontario, Canada.  The cars we raced with were Formula Fords.  Some of the best fun I've ever had. Although it wasn't for competition, my best finish was 5th out of 14 drivers.  In fact the only reason why I bought Project Cars was because of the Formula Rookie car and the memories it brought back. 
Mosport was one of my favorite tracks in the old Sports Car GT... I wish they made more simulators with such great not really mainstream venues.

coolieboy said:
Mosport was one of my favorite tracks in the old Sports Car GT... I wish they made more simulators with such great not really mainstream venues.
You're absolutely right. Another lesser known great track is Circuit Mount Tremblant. It has great elevation changes. Pcars does this well with European tracks. I wish they had more of the lesser known North American tracks. 

8 years in karting
2 years in RX (The proper RX).

Career ended by a broken skull and brain bleeding. But damn it was fun. Really really miss it.

Man sorry to hear that... But as the saying goes better one day as a racecar driver than a lifetime as a spectator. Good thing there are simulator now.