Jump to content
Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can we get working rev indicators? (G27 etc)

Recommended Posts

So engine rev indicator LEDs don't work on my G27 with GAS. I'm changing gear by engine sound, but visual indicators are great and enhance the realism. Even FanaLEDs won't give me anything with GAS, which is disappointing.

@Codies, what did you alter in the EGO engine that broke it? They've worked fine for me in the F1 games... Or was it a deliberate choice not to include?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synergist said:

So engine rev indicator LEDs don't work on my G27 with GAS. I'm changing gear by engine sound, but visual indicators are great and enhance the realism. Even FanaLEDs won't give me anything with GAS, which is disappointing.

@Codies, what did you alter in the EGO engine that broke it? They've worked fine for me in the F1 games... Or was it a deliberate choice not to include?

Not working for me as well. Usually I can use FanaLED for it to work on my SRW-S1. I have to use audio queues to shift now, which makes perfect shifting harder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synergist said:

So engine rev indicator LEDs don't work on my G27 with GAS. I'm changing gear by engine sound, but visual indicators are great and enhance the realism. Even FanaLEDs won't give me anything with GAS, which is disappointing.

@Codies, what did you alter in the EGO engine that broke it? They've worked fine for me in the F1 games... Or was it a deliberate choice not to include?


I have been talking with the guys over at FanaLEDs.

They didn't change anything in the EGO engine. The FanaLEDs guys just need to update their program to activate off the Grid executable. I have given them all the details they need to add support for it and they are adding it in to there next update.

I have got it going on my rig by tricking FanaLEDs in to thinking F1 2013. I also have it going with my motion simulator using the same method.

Here is my post over on the FanaLEDS forum explaining how I got it running http://fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=502

Here is a shot of FanaLEDs running on my rig.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You beaut! One to try when I get home...

I wonder why LEDs work natively in F1 games and don't work in GRID? FanaLEDs devs have anything to say about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That is controlled in the hardware config file.

It probably just isn't turned on by default.

and this line to 

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\GRID Autosport\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml

<led_display nativeSupport="true" fanatecNativeSupport="true" />

If you are using FanaLEDs remember to set it back to false by adding this line or they will conflict with each other 

<led_display nativeSupport="false" fanatecNativeSupport="false" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Top work. Wonder why they didn't enable as default... It shouldn't break any wheels which *don't* have LEDs, should it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Avenga76

Thanks for explaining this. 

I have two more questions, my english is perhaps not that good: 

1.  What is a place holder program. Is it just an empty exe that runs when gridautosport.exe runs too?
2. How do you get simvibe AND fanaleds to work at the same time ? Do you use the UDP forward in simvibe ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synergist said:
Top work. Wonder why they didn't enable as default... It shouldn't break any wheels which *don't* have LEDs, should it?
It won't break any wheels that don't have LEDs. Maybe they figured that everyone uses FanaLEDs now.


HoiHman said:
@Avenga76

Thanks for explaining this. 

I have two more questions, my english is perhaps not that good: 

1.  What is a place holder program. Is it just an empty exe that runs when gridautosport.exe runs too?
2. How do you get simvibe AND fanaleds to work at the same time ? Do you use the UDP forward in simvibe ??
1. I just got a dos app, in my case I used cmd.exe, made a copy of it, renamed it to F1_2013.exe and left it running in the background. FanaLEDs is just matching the names of executables so if it sees a executable named the same as on of the sims it supports then it will activate and start listening. Just make sure you make a copy of the executable, don't rename the original file.

2. Basically yes. Mine is a bit more complicated because I use Simvibe, FanaLEDs and my Symprojects gauges. so I use the UDP forwarder in Simvibe to forward to a UDP proxy which then forwards it to my gauges and FanaLEDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incidentally I closed FanaLEDs and attempted the XML hack - didn't work, either with the one you suggested or the simpler one from F1 2012. LEDs no workey.

Now attempting the spoof exe name trick with FanLEDs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leds? 

 So you guys at least have force feedback and it is just my Driving Force GT that have ZERO force feedback?

 Na, the game don't even have force feedback... they could fix that first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avenga76 said:
Synergist said:
Top work. Wonder why they didn't enable as default... It shouldn't break any wheels which *don't* have LEDs, should it?
It won't break any wheels that don't have LEDs. Maybe they figured that everyone uses FanaLEDs now.


HoiHman said:
@Avenga76

Thanks for explaining this. 

I have two more questions, my english is perhaps not that good: 

1.  What is a place holder program. Is it just an empty exe that runs when gridautosport.exe runs too?
2. How do you get simvibe AND fanaleds to work at the same time ? Do you use the UDP forward in simvibe ??
1. I just got a dos app, in my case I used cmd.exe, made a copy of it, renamed it to F1_2013.exe and left it running in the background. FanaLEDs is just matching the names of executables so if it sees a executable named the same as on of the sims it supports then it will activate and start listening. Just make sure you make a copy of the executable, don't rename the original file.

2. Basically yes. Mine is a bit more complicated because I use Simvibe, FanaLEDs and my Symprojects gauges. so I use the UDP forwarder in Simvibe to forward to a UDP proxy which then forwards it to my gauges and FanaLEDs
Thx

I already got 1.  covered by renaming fraps to F1_2013.exe, but cmd.exe is much better

I still have a question about nr 2.  which numbers do i use in the simvibe forwarder?

Is it 127.0.0.1 or 10001?

Tried both but could not get it working ???? Is there also a specific setting in fanaleds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synergist said:

Incidentally I closed FanaLEDs and attempted the XML hack - didn't work, either with the one you suggested or the simpler one from F1 2012. LEDs no workey.

Now attempting the spoof exe name trick with FanLEDs...

Yup. You need to do the exe spoof or else FanaLEDs won't activate. FanaLEDs monitors for executable names and sees a match launch then it will active.


HoiHman said:
Avenga76 said:
Synergist said:
Top work. Wonder why they didn't enable as default... It shouldn't break any wheels which *don't* have LEDs, should it?
It won't break any wheels that don't have LEDs. Maybe they figured that everyone uses FanaLEDs now.


HoiHman said:
@Avenga76

Thanks for explaining this. 

I have two more questions, my english is perhaps not that good: 

1.  What is a place holder program. Is it just an empty exe that runs when gridautosport.exe runs too?
2. How do you get simvibe AND fanaleds to work at the same time ? Do you use the UDP forward in simvibe ??
1. I just got a dos app, in my case I used cmd.exe, made a copy of it, renamed it to F1_2013.exe and left it running in the background. FanaLEDs is just matching the names of executables so if it sees a executable named the same as on of the sims it supports then it will activate and start listening. Just make sure you make a copy of the executable, don't rename the original file.

2. Basically yes. Mine is a bit more complicated because I use Simvibe, FanaLEDs and my Symprojects gauges. so I use the UDP forwarder in Simvibe to forward to a UDP proxy which then forwards it to my gauges and FanaLEDs
Thx

I already got 1.  covered by renaming fraps to F1_2013.exe, but cmd.exe is much better

I still have a question about nr 2.  which numbers do i use in the simvibe forwarder?

Is it 127.0.0.1 or 10001?

Tried both but could not get it working ???? Is there also a specific setting in fanaleds?
In Simvibe you want to use the port that FanaLEDs is set to. Default is 30500. you can change this in the OutSim field in FanaLEDs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks, but i can see to get it working. The display only displays "L 0" I have tried everything, UDP forward in simvibe. 

I also tried to use the " codemasters proxy server". I can let the proxy server forward to simvibe and get simvibe to work, but if i do the same with fanaleds, it's still not working. 

I also used a copy of CMD.exe and renamed it to F1_2013.exe Really want F

Fanaleds to work in GAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You won't need to use the codemaster proxy. Sim Commander will overwrite the config file when you launch the game so you need to use their UDP forwarder.

In Sim Commander, set the UDP forward port to 30500

Then start the renamed cmd.exe, leave it running in the background.

FanaLEDs should now say F1 2013 is running.

Then set up the profile in FanaLEDs like you normally would.

Then launch the game using Sim Commander and it should work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tried all that, somehow it's not working, all i get is this strange L..1 on the display, nothing more / nothing less





I still prefer using the simexperience dashboard. 




But the app iDisplay that sends the dash to my phone somehow gives me a 35 fps hit in GAS. ~X(

Luckily the two R9 290X can still keep the game at a steady 60 fps, but i have to turn a couple of setting down from ultra to high ( not that i can see the difference )

So with the BMW rim i was thinking about running Fanaleds, but the display on the universal hub is too small, so i guess i keep using the phone display instead.

Thanks for the effort :),  so what do you think of the new Fanatec toys ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the new Fanatec stuff although I am slowly replacing all my Fanatec gear. I have replaced my CSP V2's for some DSD Wilwood breaks and I will be replacing my wheel with the Accuforce when it comes out.

I like your sparco wheel. I will be doing the same when I get the Accuforce.

These are my new pedals.



Here is a video of them in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axqNvgwcjw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Mine suddenly started working yesterday so might have been a patch.... G27 btw lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Yeah forgot to mention I use FanaLEDS as well, only installed it 3-4 days ago and it didn't work then all of a sudden they worked... Update maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×