Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why more rx cars but not tracks????

I played plenty of mp when the rallycross update first came out and since then. Usually there would be no sessions but if you made one and waited on a weekend or late on a weekday people would start filling it up(usually non u.s. players).

Had some awesome times and races, but with only 3 tracks and 7 layouts total, it becomes very boring, very fast. I still have lots of time to put I on rally stages, but rallycross mp will never increase in popularity without more tracks, the wheeee new car feeling will wear off in a week.

Tracks are a lot more work.                                                   

Fair enough, I just don't see the point in adding more rx cars that won't even get used though because mp is dead, new cars won't rescue it.  Plus rx tracks are wayyyyy smaller than a normal rally course. I understand rallycross has a career mode in single player also, but fighting ai is nowhere near as fun :(

I played plenty of mp when the rallycross update first came out and since then. Usually there would be no sessions but if you made one and waited on a weekend or late on a weekday people would start filling it up(usually non u.s. players).

Had some awesome times and races, but with only 3 tracks and 7 layouts total, it becomes very boring, very fast. I still have lots of time to put I on rally stages, but rallycross mp will never increase in popularity without more tracks, the wheeee new car feeling will wear off in a week.

Because most of the new content is built around all the people who will be playing the game for the first time on console, not those that have been playing it for a year on PC.
The new cars are to provide a lower barrier into entering Rallycross for people brand new to the game, without having to save up the credits for one of the WRX Super Car class examples. So they can start playing RX sooner. 
You don't see the point of it because it's not really been added for your benefit.

Excellent points bry, I'd just like to see more rx tracks to bring back players. I guess i'll just have to stick with flooring it through the rally stages while I wait and hope for a dirt rally 2 :) Some of these awesome mods will help me through it lol.