Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple DiRT game questions for the developers regarding the Xbox One.

With DiRT 3 receiving backwards compatibility is there any chance that the game could receive an update to allow Xbox One racing equipment (Thrustmaster, Fanatec, Logitech, etc) to fully work with it too?

With DiRT Rally set to release on the consoles in April I'm wondering about whether the Xbox One will be able to accept an analog e-brake setup; for example, I'm pondering buying a second TH8A and configuring it to run in an analog mode so that I could use it as my e-brake within the game and if not can I at least use the clutch on a T3PA(-Pro) as an analog e-brake? I ask because I believe it'll be important to have access to an analog style e-brake for rally racing, so will either be possible with how you're developing the game for the consoles? Ideally, I'll be able to use one TH8A for shifting and the other as an analog e-brake so that I can more easily engage the right amount of tail-out drift for corners.

I would assume that since the TM line of wheels is directly compatible with the Xbone that they would also work for any 360 titles. They're basically just replacing the controller. I don't think either console has the ability to support a second shifter, and the wheel bases don't allow it. SlapTrain on YT had to mod his wheel and wire a handbrake directly to a face button. If a second shifter wasn't an option he probably would've done that.

Since the Backward Compatibility on the Xbox One works as a virtual machine of the Xbox 360 I'm not sure that the system and game would recognize the hardware without some updates which is why I ask.

Yeah, I might have to settle with some sort of modded (non-analog) e-brake which in my opinion sucks because if you can rig-up a second TH8A or any analog e-brake on a PC I think you should be able to something similar for the Xbox One too; it seems stupid not to be able to.

eLantern said:
if you can rig-up a second TH8A or any analog e-brake on a PC I think you should be able to something similar for the Xbox One too; it seems stupid not to be able to.
That's a limitation of consoles unfortunately. I'll have the same problem with my PS4. It only has 2 usb ports and my clubsport handbrake is not supported by PlayStation. The only option I will have is plug a shifter in and hope I can set it up as non analogue handbrake.

any idea which racing wheels will work on the xbox1 version? will fanatec & madcatz pro wheel work with the game?

Thanks.