Jump to content Jump to content

[Dirt Rally] - Can't save game progress!!!

Lukars

Hi, this time my problem is very annoying

this game does not save the progress of the championships (standard and custom), does not save the progress even online championships!!!

So, I can not gain credits and can not unlock the car!

So what do I do with this game? Codemasters does not respond to e-mails of support....

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks
+1 I can't save progress from 28 dec 2015!!!!
Savegame folder is emty

Championship custom and normal resetting always
Online event log off after play only 1 stages (every stages, not specific). So i can't gain credits and unlock cars or doing something in this game...

Sorry i didn't see this.  To confirm, if you go and play a custom or regular career championship, race a couple of stages, and then before you exit the game, can you try to access the online events section and tell me what happens?

i can confirm this issue... have the same problem.
i start a normal career, drive some races (i.e. complete greece or Wales), earn money - then after i exit the game, the next time i start the game again it is completely reseted.... all previous earned money is gone, championship says 0 of  6 driven too.
It only saves my profile name, gender, age ect...   also the profile statistics is reseted... it says i drove 0 km so far. crazyyy.
it is very frustrating to always start again from beginning :(   i think i will play something else until this is fixed....

(btw: is there any chance that we will see a hotseat mode in this game? like in CMR 2.0... my friends and i loved that  -  invite some friends, drink beer, talk about woman and drive rally... i loved it... good memories :smiley:   ))
This is not a problem with the game, per sé, it's a problem with the files on your machine.  

Here is the fix;

1) Locate the installed folder on your system
2) Go into the Dirt rally folder and delete all the files and folders within it.
3) Tell Steam to validate the cache.

This should fix this issue.
@versedi is correct, i had previously used steam to 'uninstall' DR as well as just a straight file validation, however only deleting the files manually (leaving the dirt rally folder in place) then asking steam to validate the cache was the fix that worked.

Reason being is that there are file(s) that the game is checking/expecting and it's not happy with what it finds on the check.

Archived