Sign in to follow this  

Save corrupt... what a ****

Today play offline Formula C, was on track, press big X button, go to main screen Xbox, power off, after 1-2 hours start game... save corrupt
I'm furious
Online only 60 races
Offline 174
Touring Cars 2 331 930 XP, level 11, all races win
Endurance 60 440 XP, level 3
Open Wheel 25 970 XP, level 2

What ideas ? What to do ?

my save

Please, help me !

i'm not alone... http://steamcommunity.com/app/255220/discussions/0/540744936465760602/
... i'm realy not alone...

It's Codies :( They can't figure this stuff out (seriously @ Loore, what kind of drop kicks does your company hire?). I don't mean to be rude, but save files are something that every company can get right but Codemasters seems to struggle at it?

andmcq said:
I don't mean to be rude
Then don't.

@fanticUA

Can you contact our support team on custserv@codemasters.com with all the info you can. In particular, what you were doing in game before you turned off your console.

Loore said:

Can you contact our support team on custserv@codemasters.com with all the info you can. In particular, what you were doing in game before you turned off your console.
Ok

andmcq said:
It's Codies
GRID Autosport amazing game, all of it is done properly, but these small moments... i hope that this problem will be solved...

andmcq said:
It's Codies :( They can't figure this stuff out (seriously @ Loore, what kind of drop kicks does your company hire?). I don't mean to be rude, but save files are something that every company can get right but Codemasters seems to struggle at it?
tbf It's not just codies thou8gh I've had this problem a couple of times in the Fifa games too.

Now I also have the same problem PS3 -.- save data corrupt. hmmmmm GRID 2 was also the same at the beginning now I can again wait a few months still it REALLY works. fk GRID Autosport......

I contacted the support. Hope that will help. So what can I do now? I cant play the game because I dont want to make a new save data like in GRID 2... hmmmm

I also was the 2nd world ranked player on racenet. Now im 5725. My club is 7th. I was level 101 in GRID Autosport with a lot of money...
~300 races ~270 podiums ~200 wins. And now nothing blubb

SVENOS said:
I contacted the support. Hope that will help.
I'm too...

thats a sad new, codies fix it as soon as possible!
answer support
"If the game's saved file has genuinely become corrupt then there is little you can do, other than start a new save file I'm afraid."
not the answer I was expecting ...
this is the first (and hopefully last) corrupted save
over 5 years
I'm still waiting for a solution to this problem

Codemasters needs to hire a qualified exterminator cuz there are some huge bugs running around!  

oh please. here we go again. this happened in grid 2 too. guess i wont be playing mine til a patch is released.

Whatever bug it is that causes this must be with the ego engine, since there are similar problems in many codies racing games. I doubt it will be solved now. However since they are working on a new engine for next gen(i think), it should no longer be a problem in future releases(i hope)!

And this is why I asked both in the forums and via email which files are used for saves/profiles so I can back them up on my external HDD.  I have yet to get an official response from CM.  I don't want to rely on Steam's cloud system.

virdog said:
And this is why I asked both in the forums and via email which files are used for saves/profiles so I can back them up on my external HDD.  I have yet to get an official response from CM.  I don't want to rely on Steam's cloud system.
Previous saved files doesn´t work too.

Not to leave out Xbox but I have a corrupt save file too. I cut the Xbox off at the screen when you go from selecting track back to where you pick your car for the next race. It would be a screen between these 2 screens is where I powered down. I thought that would have been a safe place. But that is what I get for thinking.

virdog said:
In my experience with Grid 2 at least it was the sync with steam cloud option that caused the corruption. I lost my Grid 2 save 3 times before turning it off and once it was off I never had an issue again. You can be sure I disabled that as soon as I installed Autosport