Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport - An honest review

Hi everyone,

Usually I am known for rather flaming comments and remarks. I even received a few warnings in the past for being 'too honest'. Perhaps the tone I chose back then was a little under the belt line for some to stomach and I also never hold back if someone picks a fight with me verbally on forums. All in all considered I felt I needed to review my own stance and analyse what I could do to help CodeMasters making the games I actually want to play.

As you can imagine by now-I would not go through all this effort in typing this up if Grid Autosport was a game I want to play or find rewarding.

I would simply leave a post somewhere commending CM for what they achieved. Now before I go into my review of Grid Autosport please keep in mind, that I am coming to my conclusions after playing CM games since close to a decade and racing games/sims since around 20 years. This IS important as it presents a viewpoint, which does not allow for a 'reset' of expectations.

Meaning: When a young kid nowadays sees Grid Autosport and has nothing or very little to compare it to he/she may say: Wow-this is great! However this is not the benchmark and never should be. Games' quality should be based on what has been there before and what does a new game deliver, which a predecessor did not. And let me be frank: Other than a few shinnies there is NOTHING new or rewarding here.

But let me begin my review and leave the conclusions to the end - please bear with me as this is a bit of a read. And CodeMasters please read this carefully or I fear your games will become worse and worse in my opinion.

GRID Autosport Review:

-----------------------------------

1. The game's goal/Gameplay

Codemasters set out to rectify the letdown fans of the Grid series felt when Grid2 was released. Grid2 was rather shallow. Technically it was ok, but physics were too simple, FFB did not work correctly, career mode was non-rewarding and it had not really anything in common with Racedriver Grid. Jeez, there was not even an in-car/cockpit view. Many felt, that Codemasters betrayed what once upon a time (6 years ago) set standards for simcades. The game itself was kind of enjoyable to drive but the gameplay outside the track was shallow and dull. Way too thin. Grid1 had an awesome career mode-you could have your own team, purchase cars to your liking (once earned), negotiate sponsor packs that would find a way to the livery of your car(s), hire teammates from list of applicants (each with special abilities in different disciplines), there was a ladder of teams in single player where one would try to climb up slowly over the years, cars could be painted-creating a team identification-simply superb. It had depth, meaning, feel of reward and longevity. It had it all gameplay wise. 

What does Grid Autosport recoup from all of the above? The answer is sad and simple: NOTHING

Again keep in mind where the TRUE comparison needs to be made: Grid Autosport in comparison with Racedriver GRID and NOT Grid2. If compared with Racedriver Grid the career mode of GA is simply put a complete joke. Given certain features seem to showcase in online play and multiplayer race clubs, but....I for one don't want to play online. I just want a proper single player game I can race here and there after work with depth, intelligence and feeling of reward. This so far off the mark I truly cannot believe it.

Rating: 2/10 (only because I can choose what to race in career-otherwise it would have been 0-1/10)

2. Graphics:

Nice. Well done. I do like the graphics. What I do not like though is stuff like flicker in night races with smoke shadows turned on and such. Reminds of the days of flicker in the rain in your F1 series titles. Execution with bugs like this is rather poor-given (again remember expectation based on the past) you are working the more or less same graphics engine since 6 years (?).

Other than that the presentation is mighty fine though. NVidia already has good driver for it as well. So-not too bad here.

THEN I finally was able to use cockpit view again. Like many other wheel users I prefer cockpit mode, and since Codies announced it as broadly as a 'we listen to you' feature I was REALLY looking forward to it. What a shock. All you see is a juggled up blurry excuse of a dashboard, wheel, hands and display (which is completely blacked out). In actual fact I think I downloaded the Grid2 cockpit mod from RaceDepartment that looked almost identical. Please for the love of god all those saying this not so bad check out cockpit view images of Grid1 from 2008! This is completely unacceptable. Almost worse are the mirrors! Since years CM has not managed to create, proper, functional rear view mirrors. All of this destroys the immersion almost instantaneously. Why is that so hard? A shame. It really is. It leaves a bitter taste of an otherwise so brilliant presentation.

Rating: 4/10 (with PROPER cockpit view AND mirrors easily 8-9/10)

3. Sound:

Nice touch with the ambience. Nice touch with the selection of info I can get from the engineer. Engine sounds - still dull and uninspiring. For once I would love to hear a decent engine sound in a game. Seems untouched-no one can do it it seems.

Rating 7/10 - it does the job ok

4. Controls/FFB

FFB is a complete joke. Either it clips fidelity due to settings being too high-or you don't feel anything because FFB is set too low. I tried to dial in my Fanatec kit (CSW and CSP) for at least two hours to find a setting with which I could really feel loss of grip and weight distribution, but to no avail. Control coding in a game of this nature (for any game really) has to be paramount. Yet CM treats wheel users like an unwanted cousin. Glad you actually allow us to use a wheel. Thank you for that.

Rating: 2/10 - a clear step back from FFB implemented in F1 2013 although the road rumble was ok.

5. Physics

Now it gets interesting and very short: simply the worst I have driven in years. Period. The cars understeer when they should oversteer and vice versa (especially noticeable on fast straights with strong steering inputs-try it yourselves you'll see). I understand this is a simcade, but that does not mean cars should behave wrongly-they should behave correctly but a little more forgiving. And that is all there is to physics. They are wrong all-round - end of story. Last example I give is: Open wheeler with massive rear wing drifting......that DOES NOT HAPPEN!

Rating: 1/10 (should be ZERO really)

6. AI

Oh wow-from bad to worse. AI is still rubber-banding like they did years ago. Must be a feature not a bug it seems? I personally hate this and it does not help the immersion one bit. On top of that the AI tries more often than not to simply kill you when racing. They are not aggressive-they are STUPID!

No true race driver would ever take the risks like this AI. Ok it is a game and we need to have a balance between real and fun, but this is not fun guys. It would appear as if CM is simply taking the stance of: Multiplayer is what makes this game great. Give me the option-do not force me to do something I don’t want to or cannot do. Why bother having the AI in the first place then?

I should be to provide a challenge on a racetrack not to fight with them for survival-wrong genre.

Sorry, but this is not fun. (For me)

Rating: 1/10 (because they race ya-back to the basics huh?)

7. Final thoughts

With a lot of things CM needs to go back to the drawing board before another poor game gets released. When I say ‘poor’ I do not mean that there is no joy whatsoever. What I am trying to say is that this franchise has enormous potential left untouched or ignored. If you would have remade Grid1 with the new graphics of Autosport and left the gameplay unchanged bar the addition of a multiplayer co-op team and some elements of the racing clubs you would have had a 8/10 winner.

The way it is right now you will be driving a lot of old, long standing customers out of the house to invite seemingly unwitting and mediocre gameplay accepting crowds in. Is this the way CM wants to continue? Taking no pride in your products? Releasing them clearly too early and then charging a full AAA price? I hope this is not the case and you take my review serious. Bigger than a fan of Grid I am a fan of F1. If this is the style in which you will approach F1 2014 I can only shudder and better lose all excitement about its release just to prevent utter disappointment. Because in the F1 series the same thing applies: First game not technically the best, but ‘Live the Life’ was a cool yet somewhat unfinished and super-immersive feature and made F1 2010 for single players the best game out of the lot in my opinion. Why? Because it had meaning or it kept the illusion alive that it had meaning.

Either or the result of it all was a feeling of reward when playing the game, just like Grid1.

Grid Autosport has nothing of that.

Overall rating: 4/10

Have a great day and cross fingers for F1 2014. Autosport uninstall complete-signing off. 

MarkVenom said:

you are working the more or less same graphics engine since 6 years (?).

MarkVenom said:

6. AI

They are not aggressive-they are STUPID!

Absolutely. What were you expecting from a F12012'13 AI copy/paste work anyway?, they behave exactly the same. It is as obvious as they can't detect your actual location most of the times, thus they ram you, like in the latest F1 games.

We have also the "distance" bug here, that of course is directly related to the inevitable rubberbanding they don't seem to be able to fix once an AI car dissapears from your line of sight.

I mostly agree.

Good points in the game in my view:
- The graphics are great in this game (though I haven't done night races yet).
- Great selection of cars and tracks (including shorter alternative layouts)
- New mechanism for flashbacks works really well.
- Ability to request info from engineer.
- Better HUD then Grid 1

Weak points in the game in my view:
- Love the cutscenes for the first intro race at Hockenheim, but haven't seen them since.
- The cockpit view is shocking compared to Grid 1. Undrivable. Though T-CAM view for open wheel is pretty nice (good sense of immersion).
- Weak career mode. No cohesive approach to the career, just single seasons with XP to unlock more single seasons.
- Teammate that's always at the very back, while I can win all the races. This hurts the constructors championship, as Ravenwest always finish 2nd and 3rd.

Personally I don't mind the AI / physics too much, as I never expect a sim from CodeMasters. But agree that they could have been much better.

Encarnia said:

Personally I don't mind the physics too much, as I never expect a sim from CodeMasters. But agree that they could have been much better.

Codemaster can do much better (Look at the first Grid). Problem is alpha builds usually can't deliver

2. Graphics:

Nice. Well done. I do like the graphics. What I do not like though is stuff like flicker in night races with smoke shadows turned on and such. Reminds of the days of flicker in the rain in your F1 series titles. Execution with bugs like this is rather poor-given (again remember expectation based on the past) you are working the more or less same graphics engine since 6 years (?).

Interesting viewpoints. One thing I would maybe take issue with is the argument that the graphics engine is the same for 6 years. My guess is that they have taken apart the engine several times, messed around with bits of code, changed things. The fact that it is still called the ego engine doesn't mean it looks anything like the original engine did internally, a bit like an 89 Ford Fiesta probably only vaguely resembles a 2010 one. Of course only Codemasters could really provide the detail here, but to my mind its really irrelevant, its the results that count.

A bigger critisism and far more relvant is the issue regarding mirrors. Now as far as I can tell they were up front with this, so there is little right to complain about the lack of inclusion of mirrors after buying the product. But I think I would agree with you that in a game like this with close quarters racing that mirrors are an important part of the experience. It may be that with mirrors a lot of the problems with the AI go away, as the user knows the AI position. It also gives a nice incremental skill level increase to those who can use the mirrors and those that can't.

The bigger question for me is why the mirrors were not included. Clearly the graphics quaslity has increased since grid, so a choice was made at some point, either increase the graphics quality in general or use the processing power for mirrors instead - and the choice was made not to implement the mirrors.

I don't beleive like some people that the implementation of the mirrors is trivial. I think knowing that they were trying to create a close racing experience they knew the mirrors were important, but for whatever reason decided not to include. I don't beleive this decision would be taken lightly. Maybe it is because the hardware/engine is not up to it, maybe it is because it is too costly to include on an engine that untimately will not be used going forwards. Maybe they wanted to get something out quick to rectify the issues of grid 2 and  mirrrors did not fit into that timescale. Maybe there are other reasons. 

I have some comments on the other stuff you have written, but need to get back to the world of work or the moment.

'The bigger question for me is why the mirrors were not included. Clearly the graphics quaslity has increased since grid, so a choice was made at some point, either increase the graphics quality in general or use the processing power for mirrors instead - and the choice was made not to implement the mirrors.'

The answer is simple I believe. Because console CPUs cannot handle the load whilst maintaining acceptable FPS. This would mean the core code has been 'ported' to PC and I find this outrageous and unacceptable. As for complaining after they were upfront about it: They may have been upfront about it, but this does not make this more acceptable at all. Lastly this a review and not a complaint festival for the sake of it. Codies need to understand the score to improve. Why not develop for PC and port it to console and reduce features if too powerful for the little consoles? A game should always be developed to look and feel its best. I know....monetary interests blah blah blah.....lame excuse though. 

'Interesting viewpoints. One thing I would maybe take issue with is the argument that the graphics engine is the same for 6 years. My guess is that they have taken apart the engine several times, messed around with bits of code, changed things. The fact that it is still called the ego engine doesn't mean it looks anything like the original engine did internally, a bit like an 89 Ford Fiesta probably only vaguely resembles a 2010 one. Of course only Codemasters could really provide the detail here, but to my mind its really irrelevant, its the results that count'

Agreed. The point here is, that I find flicker issues not acceptable when you work for such a long time with the essentially same engine.
It would suggest that debugging is not a strong suit or not even high up on the scale of importance. These things should be fixed prior to release. I am a little sick of having to pay dollars for unfinished releases. And don't get me started on the whole pre-sale hype these days. I knew(or better feared) what is going on with this product and my review is based on a copy of a friend, who was letting me test it for a few days. I personally will NOT buy GA. And I cannot recommend it to anyone at the current price point-its borderline an insult to charge AAA dollars for this. And owners of Grid 2 should get at least a 50% discount-not a measly 10% IF you pre-purchase. I for one did not get sucked in......this time. Phew!

I didn't expect a game better than original Grid. I expected progress from Grid 2, with "normal" handling. And i got it so i'm mostly satisfied.

Sorry mate, please understand that I am glad you are satisfied, but also puzzled. How can you NOT expect or demand a game better than a game 6 years old-made by the same people? This simply does not make sense. Have you been so disillusioned to not think it would be possible?
I truly mean no offence, but come on man-seriously?

P.S.: The handling and physics are not normal btw....they are plain wrong!

I'd say there are many examples of older games being better than their sequels, especially when the original was so good.

Personally I find it difficult to pick faults. I don't really care about the lack of detail in the cockpit. I'd like the mirrors to work, but to be honest I don't use the that often in games, and besides, you can still look to the back and sides of the car.

The sound is brilliant, and the game looks great as well.

The career can get a little repetitive, I'm on my 12th season just starting my first GRID series. I'd like something a little different to pop up now and again like le mans in G1, but it is still fun.

I think people are way to critical of games nowadays and take everything for granted. You will rarely get EVERYTHING you want from a game, because they are made for a much wider audience than just YOU.

I'd say there are many examples of older games being better than their sequels, especially when the original was so good.

Personally I find it difficult to pick faults. I don't really care about the lack of detail in the cockpit. I'd like the mirrors to work, but to be honest I don't use the that often in games, and besides, you can still look to the back and sides of the car.

The career can get a little repetitive, I'm on my 12th season just starting my first GRID series. I'd like something a little different to pop up now and again like le mans in G1, but it is still fun.

I think people are way to critical of games nowadays and take everything for granted. You will rarely get EVERYTHING you want from a game, because they are made for a much wider audience than just YOU.

Wow-just wow! Ok now-they could have just overhauled the graphics of Grid1 and had a better game mate.
I give up. You picked obviously on two points later in the discussion without reading the review in its entirety.
The review is as objective as can be and it is honest. It is not about ME-it is about having better games. Just because YOU settle for less I do not have to do the same. Period.
I better go shoot myself. I really had enough. I do not understand the amount of people accepting medium quality products - even defending it. It's simply beyond me.

^ Have to agree sorry ... you picked the bones out of it and some points I agree ... but forget the past and try have fun with the game as it is because it IS fun if you let it be and if not then move on ... I play every car / race game and these simcade titles are just a breather from playing rFactor2 , pCars and Assetto Corsa all of which I signed up for early beta.

I still play Grid2 and despite all the criticism it is good fun and now 3D works ok but convergence never got sorted.

Big disappointment for me besides the ordinary cockpits and lack of proper mirrors is that 3D Vision does NOT work out of the box as promised... so game is shelved until it is fixed.

After all that though and once it is fixed/patched etc. I know I will play it many, many times and enjoy it.

Otherwise why game at all if all you ever do is complain about every little thing ... my opinion too and you rightly will disagree MVenom but that is your right too !

MarkVenom said:

Wow-just wow! Ok now-they could have just overhauled the graphics of Grid1 and had a better game mate.
I give up. You picked obviously on two points later in the discussion without reading the review in its entirety.
The review is as objective as can be and it is honest. It is not about ME-it is about having better games. Just because YOU settle for less I do not have to do the same. Period.
I better go shoot myself. I really had enough. I do not understand the amount of people accepting medium quality products - even defending it. It's simply beyond me.

Probably shouldn't shoot yourself because a game doesn't cater for your exact needs.

And I'm not settling for 'medium quality', because in my opinion it is not in any way medium quality. I'm not saying it's perfect, but if you just relax and enjoy the game rather than picking every little detail to pieces then you would probably find it much more enjoyable

Original GRID was a game that defined the whole generation. The half of original dev team is probably gone :), so what did you expect? 

And i like handling, after G2, it feels nice. And i've learned how to deal with little bit of understeer.

@RogerRamjet77 No no. I do not disagree with you at all. And you make some good points. I am indeed very critical and perhaps a touch cynical. It has to do with the way the gaming industry has (d)evolved. Once upon a time gameplay and depth not hush hush quick action and fastfood consumption mentality determined the quality of a game. And you are quite right that I am fighting the proverbial wind-mills with this Don Quichote attitude-as it seems-but if I do not stand up for what I believe in then what is left? I do not enjoy shallow gaming-and GAS IS shallow by comparison. So-I have two choices 1. I can do what I do or 2..give up on CM and their increasingly shallow products. The third option would be ignorance and just enjoy the game as is as you said. Sorry I cannot do that.

I have said what needed to be said. I know I am not alone, just that I am one of the very few idealists left that think that a constructive criticism may get heard and eventually could trigger a change. If I loose that there is not much left. Mad World-just like Tears for Fears.
I hope you can understand this somewhat. 

P.S.: And yes it is 'just' a game, but any of this can be transliterated in many other aspects of society as a whole-the gaming industry and CM are just a facet thereof I chose to be active in.

P.P.S.: You said: Forget the past. That is ONE thing I cannot do. I am german. And I wonder what an  ordinary UK or US citizen would say if I had the stance of 'forgetting the past'. OMG would I get crucified. This is plain wrong. The past is what should determine our actions in the future. To better ourselves-and in CMs world: To better their products.

Sorry for this rather long winded explanation but it needed to be said. And I truly hope you have a lot of fun with the game. I hope they make one soon I can have fun with.

I don't really play any other racing games other than codemasters', so I don't have much to compare to, but I enjoy the AI. They can be over aggressive on the odd occasion, but it feels like you are in a race. People make mistakes, make moves when they need to, and know where you are on track. From what I've heard from youtubers and reviews, they are much better than a lot of other racers.

As for the handling, I like it, and I don't think it's wrong at all. You accelerate through a corner in FWD, you understeer, in RWD, you oversteer. Don't see the problem. And you can make any car drift if you try hard enough. Spoilers and wings only  work at  high speeds

RallyDriven: I don't really play any other racing games other than codemasters', so I don't have much to compare to,

That says it all. Please enjoy the game. I am not here for you to loose the fun nor is this my intent. But you have to believe me, that a lot of features in this game are sub-par. I can see this and thus my very critical approach. That does not mean you cannot enjoy it as is, I however cannot. 

The intent of my post is for CM to go back to what made them great and what made me enjoy their games. I am sure you would like it too. 

Happy Racing mate.

Original GRID was a game that defined the whole generation. The half of original dev team is probably gone :), so what did you expect? 

And i like handling, after G2, it feels nice. And i've learned how to deal with little bit of understeer.

What I expected was Grid 1 in a new look with multiplayer co-op ala co-op championships in the F1 series of games-not a game that has a sha;low gameplay and non-rewarding feel. Its not fun if there is no purpose. A lot of features were stripped from single player also and the cockpit view is a joke in comparison to ANY other game let alone their OWN work from 6 years ago. If they cannot deliver that they may as well close doors. Sorry dude.

Actually, there is more tracks and cars than in G1 where in touring you only had a Lac and BMW. You have all cars/tracks mode.

And you know what, after some number of online races i can say that the door 2 door racing is back, like it used to.

So in some departments MP is better.

MarkVenom said:

What I expected was Grid 1 in a new look with multiplayer co-op ala co-op championships in the F1 series of games-not a game that has a sha;low gameplay and non-rewarding feel. Its not fun if there is no purpose. A lot of features were stripped from single player also and the cockpit view is a joke in comparison to ANY other game let alone their OWN work from 6 years ago. If they cannot deliver that they may as well close doors. Sorry dude.
Hey mark why is it if someone has a different opinion than you its like u try and say there opinion is wrong . BTW your thread should be titled grid autosport my opinion not an honest review. All u do is troll every thread and tell people there wrong or if they happen to agree with you there all right to you, but u obviously like confrontation. Otherwise you would put your tail between your legs and just disappear. Believe us we wouldn't miss your negativity. Have a good day , even tho I'm sure were not finished here.

MarkVenom said:
RallyDriven: I don't really play any other racing games other than codemasters', so I don't have much to compare to,

That says it all.
Not really, you are comparing the experience to the first game, and so am I. Aside from the cockpit view (not that it bothers me, but I can see why it bothers others) I don't see any of the sub par features you mention. It is a fun game, not many people would re-buy a game 6 years later on the same console if the only new feature it had was better graphics. Games have to change to stay fresh, and I think they have really managed it, whilst keeping it true to the original.

My honest opinion is that GAS is the best Codemaster's game the last years ! (yes including Grid 1) 
Cause the handling of GAS is more like Toca 3 , plus the game has beautiful graphics , many tracks , many classes of cars and cars ... 
Grid 1 i one of my most favorite racing games ever too... But it had not so much content as GAS and Toca 3 (less tracks , cars) 
This is just my opinion !

Very well written post, I too was overly excited about a summer release of GAS and the first couple of days with it I was pretty happy but after I really sat back and figured out what was going on I felt really disappointed. The AI for me is the killer as they seem suicidal at most times and I play with damages on so needless to say I reset the race ALOT... The AI? can also teleport seemly because I passed a car backwards on the track and a second later he was crashing me into a wall...! I think the problem with CM is (like most business without direction) they try to please everyone... Drift comes to mind... really! They did get my $$$ though didn't they so I guess I'm the sucker...haha

MarkVenom said:

5. Physics

Now it gets interesting and very short: simply the worst I have driven in years. Period. The cars understeer when they should oversteer and vice versa (especially noticeable on fast straights with strong steering inputs-try it yourselves you'll see). I understand this is a simcade, but that does not mean cars should behave wrongly-they should behave correctly but a little more forgiving. And that is all there is to physics. They are wrong all-round - end of story. Last example I give is: Open wheeler with massive rear wing drifting......that DOES NOT HAPPEN!

Rating: 1/10 (should be ZERO really)

Some of the handling characteristics I will admit are not perfect, but you are pretty wrong about how you expect the cars to handle vs how they actually should.

The cars handling changes due to aero working on them. At high speeds most cars with high downforce tend to be tight while at lower speeds they are loose. This holds true for most of the cars. This game plays like it feels when driving on a road course. It might not be physically accurate but the feeling of real racing and real car control is spot on. The street cars are the opposite. Their slip angles get bigger at higher speeds due to the lack of downforce, but they also still feel tight due to lift on the front of the car reducing grip. Obviously there are some exceptions with the cars that have enough power to break the tires loose at high speed. Like the open wheel cars! YES they should have wheel spin even with the massive wing! especially at low speed! Even formula 1 cars have wheel spin, the driver has to control it by modulating the throttle, smooth inputs. These things hold true 100% in GAS and are rewarded with fast lap times. Smooth is fast. 

The slip angles in the game are a little exaggerated but otherwise you wouldn't even notice. I love hitting the perfect corner exit when the car is riding a slip angle right up to the wall. Or when you are inches from making contact with another car. 

Dropping tires is also fun on corner exit and easily controllable while not slowing you down much, but go 2 off with the steering still cranked hard and you are going to spin. Very much like real life. 

Real life driving tactics seem to pay off well in this game. Early braking with slow in/fast out driving. That is how you get through corners in real life and it works perfectly in GAS.

Source: I'm an amature road racing enthusiast, I spend many a weekend at the track. I've also got some top leaderboard times in GAS (Currently 4th in this weeks Party mode challenge, Come at me!) CM offers some of the best games for fun and real racing feel. Get a lot of good players together and you are going to have a ton of fun. I haven't enjoyed a racing game since Dirt3 doing rallycross with some of the top players of that game so I'm glad they pulled through with this one. It isn't perfect, but I hope they make the next Grid closer to this one. 

I think people don't realize how good of a game this is after only having approximately 10 months to make. Most company's take well over a year to put out garbage aka gran turismo 6. That game took 2 years and it is a pile of crap. This game is better than that Sim well supposed Sim anyway. Mark and all you other hters of this game think about the turn around time between grid 2 and grid autosport and how much better tey made it . like I said before I'm sure codies next game will be so epic on the ps4.

I think people don't realize how good of a game this is after only having approximately 10 months to make. Most company's take well over a year to put out garbage aka gran turismo 6. That game took 2 years and it is a pile of crap. This game is better than that Sim well supposed Sim anyway. Mark and all you other hters of this game think about the turn around time between grid 2 and grid autosport and how much better tey made it . like I said before I'm sure codies next game will be so epic on the ps4.

I'm in complete agreement with you there to produce something like Autosport in so short a time is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion. I think it shows just how much we mean to CM to turn things around this fast. In my view at the moment I'd go as far as to say it's probably my favourite of the 3 Grid games which is saying something given how quickly they've put this together. I've got careers on the go in all 3 at the moment but I'll finish my Autosport one first before going back to the other 2 I think seeing as I've done careers before on the other 2