Sign in to follow this  

Autosport Career Mode Vs Online

Hi everyone, and especially Loore. 

First off, well done to Codemasters on producing a really good game, such a big improvement over GRID 2 and a return to the golden days of GRID 1.

After reading all about the in depth XP system in multiplayer, it all sounds really good. I like the fact you have to look after your cars and you can put your livery and sponsors on them. This makes it very much like the career from GRID 1. What I don't understand tho, is why there is none of this in single player? It seems like the most natural feature to have at the centre of the career. Ok, you can race for other teams like Razer and Monster etc, till you gain experience and money to buy your own car but to never be able to do it seems like a big omission. Since all of this has been coded into the game, could Loore explain the reason why this part was omitted from the single player experience? I would be interested to hear if anyone agrees that it would be a great addition to the single player.

This game has the potential to be really great, the AI seems very impressive on the Very Hard difficulty level. But there seems to be a real lack of that hook you need in single player to keep you invested in the career when you are only driving for other teams. Surely you must be working towards a goal, of having your own team and cars, just like in multiplayer? I am sure I know what the answer is to this question, but are there any plans for any DLC to expand the single player experience to incorporate the multiplayer's own teams and cars system? 

I really think this game had the potential to be the ultimate racing game of this generation, if all the features of multiplayer had been incorporated into single player as well. I really wish this could happen one day....

In the mean time, I guess I will see you online in my own car with my own paint job sometime soon... 

Ace

They said some DLC will add new game modes and features. While I don't think it's really that great, I'd like a mode where you can make your own team.

"ultimate racing game of it's generation". You need to branch out man. Assetto was on sale this week, shoulda grabbed it, that's probably the best racer around right now.

But I do like GRID AS for what it could offer, but sadly, i think we just got lucky with GRID1. I've had two gaming moments where things just felt amazing like that, where you had friends and it was all built around a game, community, etc, and that's Counter-strike and GRID1. I've tried every sim out there since, and CS:GO, and none have that same feeling.

Maybe we are just too old :) We are the new gooner and erasmus, lol.

I think CM will deliver a mode with this but I think they're focusing on 1 step at a time given what happened last year and making sure mistakes aren't repeated. The steps they're making now are definitely back in the right direction we just need to give them time to dot the I's and cross the t's so to speak.

First off, well done to Codemasters on producing a really good game, such a big improvement over GRID 2 and a return to the golden days of GRID 1.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *thumbs down*

Merg said:
"ultimate racing game of it's generation". You need to branch out man. Assetto was on sale this week, shoulda grabbed it, that's probably the best racer around right now.

But I do like GRID AS for what it could offer, but sadly, i think we just got lucky with GRID1. I've had two gaming moments where things just felt amazing like that, where you had friends and it was all built around a game, community, etc, and that's Counter-strike and GRID1. I've tried every sim out there since, and CS:GO, and none have that same feeling.

No we are not too old. We are too demanding and have a rich trove of comparison. We are NOT what companies want, which is quick money and pre-sales of folks accepting medicore BS. That IS what I hate about the gaming industry these days. Will change when Roberts releases star Citizen. You watch. :)

I am very much looking forward to Star Citizen too, have you reserved your ship yet? I am really tempted by the Constellation, but it's a bit pricey! Might just go for the 300i, that looks awesome. I think the game will be spectacularly good tho. This could be the way great games are made in the future. Just look at Project Cars. That will be the next great racing game I am 99% certain. 

As for Autosport, could you elaborate on why you think it is such a let down? I really think the Very Hard AI puts up a good fight and the graphics are as good as you could want. The only thing missing is the complete single player campaign. 

xAce28x said:
I am very much looking forward to Star Citizen too, have you reserved your ship yet? I am really tempted by the Constellation, but it's a bit pricey! Might just go for the 300i, that looks awesome. I think the game will be spectacularly good tho. This could be the way great games are made in the future. Just look at Project Cars. That will be the next great racing game I am 99% certain. 

What about Bugbear Next Car Game? Try it with a wheel and no assists. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

http://nextcargame.com/

Truely...wish the Career mode had a little more depth or something other than XP to work towards, like my own team, and hiring my own teammate. Or at least some different offers from Ravenwest after beating them in the 3 championships within the same discipline instead of them only offering in the completed championships. 

Merg said:

Curse you for putting my name in the same sentence as his!....hey, at least mine came first eh. 8D

xAce28x said:

As for Autosport, could you elaborate on why you think it is such a let down? I really think the Very Hard AI puts up a good fight and the graphics are as good as you could want. The only thing missing is the complete single player campaign. 
Stiull saving up for a massive ship bundle....but yeah coming back to CM, GAS and all......if CM came clean and would admit that they wanted GAS to be better but could not because of monetary reasons I would say: Crowd Fundraise the next one-do away the shackles that hold back the true potential. Its not about the bling-its about the depth of gameplay that makes a classic. I gladly sponsor you. I am only bitter, @Loore, because I know you guys can make better games. The framework of career and online mode is too simple IMO. It seems it suffered in favour of graphical stuff and online modes. Btw......I think the whole online thing should have an offline counterpart racing AI instead of players. Was the breaker for me why I did not buy this one. Don't want to play in a freaking bashfest and get aggravated. With the AI I can live with other people being stupid I want to smash their faces in. So yeah: Kickstart to make the best simcade ever-even if it takes you 2-3 years and you have my 50-100 bucks guaranteed. Stop makig shitty games out of time and money constraints PLEASE. It really erks me. 

1. MarkVenom said:
xAce28x said:

Stiull saving up for a massive ship bundle....but yeah coming back to CM, GAS and all......if CM came clean and would admit that they wanted GAS to be better but could not because of monetary reasons I would say: Crowd Fundraise the next one-do away the shackles that hold back the true potential. Its not about the bling-its about the depth of gameplay that makes a classic. I gladly sponsor you. I am only bitter, @Loore, because I know you guys can make better games. The framework of career and online mode is too simple IMO. It seems it suffered in favour of graphical stuff and online modes. Btw......I think the whole online thing should have an offline counterpart racing AI instead of players. Was the breaker for me why I did not buy this one. Don't want to play in a freaking bashfest and get aggravated. With the AI I can live with other people being stupid I want to smash their faces in. So yeah: Kickstart to make the best simcade ever-even if it takes you 2-3 years and you have my 50-100 bucks guaranteed. Stop makig shitty games out of time and money constraints PLEASE. It really erks me. 
Mark I think your still missing the big picture , you want a appologyvfrom @loore for putting out a inferior game right. I'd like you to find another company that would go through everything codies went through to put out a pretty fantastic game in approximately 10 months .
They put out a poll and questionnaire asking what we would like to see in a game , to be honest I thought it was for there next title for ps4/xbone but was surprised when they announced autosport.

Pretty sure we were all skeptical about how different autosport would really be and to mine and many others were and are happy with this end product. I'm not in anyway saying its perfect but its damn better than grid 2, and in only 10 months. So give them a break man, they're trying there best to satisfy a diverse group of people.

Sorry for giving you so much shit but I'm a codemasters fan and when I see them make a big and quick change to a game I hate when people constantly bash them.

I know you have and are entitled to your own opinions but dang cut them a break a bit.

1. MarkVenom said:
xAce28x said:

Mark I think your still missing the big picture , you want a appologyvfrom @loore for putting out a inferior game right. I'd like you to find another company that would go through everything codies went through to put out a pretty fantastic game in approximately 10 months .
They put out a poll and questionnaire asking what we would like to see in a game , to be honest I thought it was for there next title for ps4/xbone but was surprised when they announced autosport.

Pretty sure we were all skeptical about how different autosport would really be and to mine and many others were and are happy with this end product. I'm not in anyway saying its perfect but its damn better than grid 2, and in only 10 months. So give them a break man, they're trying there best to satisfy a diverse group of people.

Sorry for giving you so much shit but I'm a codemasters fan and when I see them make a big and quick change to a game I hate when people constantly bash them.

I know you have and are entitled to your own opinions but dang cut them a break a bit.
completely agree 100%