Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge season 2016 for FIA WRX

With Loeb, Block, Solberg trying to hold his title, what is the future of DiRT (Rally?) and WRX?  

Will we see a new spin off game?  
Will we see a update to DR with the new drivers?  
Will a WRX game continue on to be like F1, updated each year with drivers/livers?
Will all the tracks ever be modeled for a complete season?  

These are not new questions, but with all the new drivers coming on board this season, it has really upped the ante for FIA to want more from DR than 3 tracks and 'old' competitors.

Just wanted to throw this out there.  Thoughts?

gfRally said:
With Leob, Block, Holberg trying to hold his title.....
Not such a Solberg fan?  lol :D

But yeah, some of my friends that I used to league race with on console were looking at hosting a Rallycross league for console. I told them that yeah the quality is certainly good enough but the rallycross content is just not big enough to get a full blown league out of it.

Anyhow, more rallycross content (and the chance to actually run the real/single player format online) would be welcome!

Maybe a dedicated game to the sport would be best, both for exposure but also to fully focus on rallycross only and rally only for the next rally game. You could have all top cars and tracks, but also the other disciplines, the lights, the small buggy things. Maybe some retro content for special challenges. Would love that.

I have long wanted to see rallycross get as much attention as rally in terms of gaming, but I have understood that it was never big enough to justify it's own game...

...but with the latest developments in World Rallycross I wonder if the day is coming closer when there might be enough demand for a separate title. Now perhaps might be too soon to say, but with the names involved this year I wonder if that situation might be different in the latter half of 2016.

Still more driver announcements to come as well! 

PS: And @Fedemaisonnave is right @gfRally: it's Loeb not Leob!  ;)

This should clear up some:  

https://twitter.com/petter_solberg/status/704274706996838400

I'd give a lot to see them pitted against each other in the WRC instead. At least Loeb might give Ogier something besides road position to cry about.

dotmartin said:
I'd give a lot to see them pitted against each other in the WRC instead. At least Loeb might give Ogier something besides road position to cry about.

Oh, my bad.. sometimes he does actually cry about the weather too. Or lack there of... And when the snow comes, guess who does not want to go first anyway. Poor guy. 

Nitišs will be joining the Allinklracing team

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/status/704630858221805568

I would love a dedicated World RX game, with the whole 2016 season. Actually I'd love a whole career mode, starting in ERX and S1600/Touring Cars, and moving up to RX Lites and a seat in a Supercar. I don't realistically see that happening soon though, let alone an annual F1-style franchise. But maybe it's not too far off.

Really excited for this season though.

dwkGravey said:
I would love a dedicated World RX game, with the whole 2016 season. Actually I'd love a whole career mode, starting in ERX and S1600/Touring Cars, and moving up to RX Lites and a seat in a Supercar. I don't realistically see that happening soon though, let alone an annual F1-style franchise. But maybe it's not too far off.

Ditto! Still a few driver/team announcements to come as well.

dwkGravey said:

As long as CM has no issues licensing RX whatsoever, a standalone RX game with the characteristics you mentioned would be appealing.

Darhour said:
As long as CM has no issues licensing RX whatsoever, a standalone RX game with the characteristics you mentioned would be appealing.
To how many people outside of these forums though? would it really appeal to enough to release a dedicated game?

I think Codemasters already kinda knows. I mean, i'm sure they still have a system to measure all sorts of stuff, including how much each mode is being played. Problem with that is that a lot of people, including me, don't play a lot of RX. Not because I dislike it, but because of the low number of tracks. I would love a dedicated RX game but if Codemasters is looking at hours RX played only than it might seem like RX isn't loved as much as it actually is.

Darhour said:
dwkGravey said:

I think its probable

Realistically, it might not be the case because there aren't many people interested in such discipline, but as long as it is in the game, it needs some polishing to be more appealing.

A standalone RX game wouldn't be that appealing I think. Quite probable. If we have legends pour in such discipline with the presence of more teams and by promoting the discipline even further, in this case, It might entice people to give it a look at least. Now, we have Loeb and Seat entering the competition and many more to come.

What if FIA poured in some money into developing a standalone RX title now that Codies have got their licence? Great way of advertising their product (championships). Just a thought. 

So that Focus RS RX at the end of Ghymkhana 8 is definitely going to be the car Block and Bakkerud will be racing this season.
While the Fiesta was a heavily adapted version of M-Sport’s World Rally Championship specification car, the Focus is a new build from the ground up, with Ford Performance factory support, specifically for World Rallycross.

PaloSamo said:
What if FIA poured in some money into developing a standalone RX title now that Codies have got their licence? Great way of advertising their product (championships). Just a thought. 
If the FIA says so then yes, this will be the sole case for a standalone's development.

dwkGravey said:
So that Focus RS RX at the end of Ghymkhana 8 is definitely going to be the car Block and Bakkerud will be racing this season.
While the Fiesta was a heavily adapted version of M-Sport’s World Rally Championship specification car, the Focus is a new build from the ground up, with Ford Performance factory support, specifically for World Rallycross.

It's an interesting move. I'm still uncertain as to how well the longer Focus will fare against the rest of the field, but the M-Sport press release is a pretty serious statement of intent. They have clearly poured a lot into this project. 

It would be cool to see this spill over to the WRC at some point.  I would love to see the return of some bigger (group B?) type cars...  If only subaru...