Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge season 2016 for FIA WRX

Yeah, a couple of great moments. Bakkerud threee wide in semifinals and Solberg in the final.

Pretty good action and was really nice to see Bakkerud as high as he was, new car with barely any proper testing!
Was pretty good day as an Finnish Citroen fan, Solberg winning and Heikkinen getting third!!  :*

Solberg made a dicey move there on the merge.  Not making blame, but maybe the AI in DR is pretty real <span>:open_mouth:</span>

Was at Brands Hatch today, got home just in time to watch the finals on  +1! Great opening round and a hard fought win for Solberg, especially as he was manually launching the car. That contact with Johan was a bit harsh, but I'd like to think it was a racing incident as Petter isn't usually a dirty driver.

Accordibg to NRK there was a hefty discussion between petter, johan and the stewards. It ended with no penalty for petter.

Awesome opening round, great to see Loeb and the new Focus in the finals. And that was some incredible mud in the first two heats qualifyings. How about getting that Spintires tech, Codies? :lol:

Looks like Danny Way is returning to RX. Starting with Canada and continues out the 2017 season
https://m.facebook.com/DannyWayOfficial/photos/a.203082799719211.54685.115482378479254/1257243987636415/?type=3

Blocked in my country x( UK have it showing on MotorsTV but I don't think we get that!
Quest TV is the way to go for live FIA WRX in the UK in 2016 :) 

PaloSamo said:
Blocked in my country x( UK have it showing on MotorsTV but I don't think we get that!
Quest TV is the way to go for live FIA WRX in the UK in 2016 :) 
Yeah so I found out, there was something somewhere that said it was MotorsTV xD

Glad someone linked it in time before, it was great fun to watch. Brilliant driving, that move by Solberg out the joker had incredible speed. Was like a rocket! But I had to watch back to see if it was worth a penalty and I agree that it was just an incident. I doubt he could see him coming up he was so quick.

Can't wait to tune in next time, excellent season I think its going to be. Bad start for Doran though, hope it picks up for him.

Entry lists for Mettet revealed today:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/Belgium%20RX_World%20Championship%20entries.pdf
http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/Belgium%20RX_Euro%20RX%20entries.pdf

An unknown number of RX Lites, 19 Touring Cars and 49 Supercars. 

MUCH EXCITE. 

You can use the built in VPN of the new Opera Developer build. I tried it and it worked fine. 

tbtstt said:
Entry lists for Mettet revealed today:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/Belgium%20RX_World%20Championship%20entries.pdf
http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/Belgium%20RX_Euro%20RX%20entries.pdf

An unknown number of RX Lites, 19 Touring Cars and 49 Supercars. 

MUCH EXCITE. 

Sad thing is that we wont get much coverage (if any) of anything but the WRX guys.

OMG Did you miss that semifinal 2?
Kristofferson all the race with a flat tire in first position, in the last laps Solberg, Doran and Block overtake him. Lots of contact and CRAZYNESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L5oqB7rJ_k

Both Montegrale and Hockenheim semi-finals have been absolutely nuts. Major shame about Kristoffersson's flat tyre (but that was only a matter of time after Solberg bumping into him) but he still put up an amazing fight.

I really hope this season's Rallycross will garner more coverage and new fans of the sport than the snoozefest that is Formula 1.

The semis are usually crazier than the finals, because of the mad dash to get the top 3. You can relax a little more in the finals.

My god the semis were mental! I almost thought Kristoffersson was gonna make it. Sadly he didn't.

The Focus looks too big of a car imo. Good effort by Block still.

Underkex said:
Kristofferson all the race with a flat tire in first position, in the last laps Solberg, Doran and Block overtake him. Lots of contact and CRAZYNESS.
If only the tires in DR behaved that way, I would be in heaven.

But that semi was insane. Block gained up a lot in the last laps, Kristoffersson put up a spectacular fight and Solberg decided to break everyone's car :D 

Also, that joker looks to be faster than the standard route... On their place I would be taking it on every lap xD The track itself is also nice, would definitely want to see it in DR or next DiRT title.

bogani said:

I'm happy for Block after a pretty weak debut at Montegrale, but let's face it, he kind of had luck on his side this weekend. The Focus looks big in comparison to the other cars but both his and Bakkerud's are damn nice. Easily the best looking cars on the grid.

Hockenheim seems like a really fun track too. Hopefully we'll see it in DR in the future.

zoliRX said:
bogani said:

I'm happy for Block after a pretty weak debut at Montegrale, but let's face it, he kind of had luck on his side this weekend. The Focus looks big in comparison to the other cars but both his and Bakkerud's are damn nice. Easily the best looking cars on the grid.

To be fair, the other drivers/teams had few season to gather data and perfect the setups for each track. You can easily see that drivers have full confidence in the cars, there's no hesitation at all. On the other side, you have Focus team, which is the new guy on the block (pun intended) and has to gather all the data from the scratch essentially. And then you have the drivers themselves having to get used to the car, which may be relatively easy for Bakkerud, but Block doesn't earn his living as a racing driver, he does that for hobby.
When you compare all that to Solberg who's been running in that DS3 for what seems like eternity now, I'd say that the Focus team is doing fairly decent. I bet that Focus team is going to be more consistently in the finals with the season progressing. Mind you, because the Focus is bigger, it can take more beating so Solberg can't just ram them out of the way xD

zoliRX said:
bogani said:

To be fair, the other drivers/teams had few season to gather data and perfect the setups for each track. You can easily see that drivers have full confidence in the cars, there's no hesitation at all. On the other side, you have Focus team, which is the new guy on the block (pun intended) and has to gather all the data from the scratch essentially. And then you have the drivers themselves having to get used to the car, which may be relatively easy for Bakkerud, but Block doesn't earn his living as a racing driver, he does that for hobby.
When you compare all that to Solberg who's been running in that DS3 for what seems like eternity now, I'd say that the Focus team is doing fairly decent. I bet that Focus team is going to be more consistently in the finals with the season progressing. Mind you, because the Focus is bigger, it can take more beating so Solberg can't just ram them out of the way xD
Yeah, I know. Hence why I actually was impressed by Bakkerud's performance at Montalegre in the new Focus. I felt bad for Ken as the engine programming glitched(?) out on him in Portugal. 4th in Portugal and 3rd at Hockenheim is nowhere even near a shameful result for a new team (and cars). Even though I think he raced very good at Hockenheim, if it wasn't for Kristoffersson's flat tyre, the results probably would've been different. Oh well, that's rallycross for you in a nutshell :tongue:

There seems to be a lot of hate for Ken but I'm definitely rooting or his team this season. 

zoliRX said:

There seems to be a lot of hate for Ken but I'm definitely rooting or his team this season. 
He was quick in the GRC, it was just the crap track design and race format that let him down. 

I'm expecting him to challenge for wins in Europe. I was a little unsure about the use of the Focus over the Fiesta, but it does seem to have the pace. Fingers crossed he can reach a few more finals over the course of the year. 

Just four more days of work and I'm off to Belgium for round 3, can't wait! 

tbtstt said:
zoliRX said:

He was quick in the GRC, it was just the crap track design and race format that let him down. 

I'm expecting him to challenge for wins in Europe. I was a little unsure about the use of the Focus over the Fiesta, but it does seem to have the pace. Fingers crossed he can reach a few more finals over the course of the year. 

Just four more days of work and I'm off to Belgium for round 3, can't wait! 
Yeah, the fact that they let 5 year olds design the tracks with crayons was the cause for most of the crashes. How long until they are jumping through flaming hoops over shark tanks?

I don't think the focus looks much bigger than the audis, and the fact it has made it to the first two finals on the trot shows it has some pace behind it

Yeah, the fact that they let 5 year olds design the tracks with crayons was the cause for most of the crashes. How long until they are jumping through flaming hoops over shark tanks?
Haha! I personally think that the continued insistence on 10 car grids for the finals is the biggest culprit. I've seen 10 car finals run at established circuits here in the UK and it's just too much. You are always going to get carnage at the first corner. 

Even ESPN could see the problems that 10 car grids cause. They have insisted on six car grids for the last X-Games rallycross races. Unfortunately the powers that be at the GRC don't see it the same way. Shame as that, along with several other race decisions, has completely killed my interest in the GRC. 

I don't think the focus looks much bigger than the audis, and the fact it has made it to the first two finals on the trot shows it has some pace behind it
Yeah, it's not vastly bigger, but it is obviously bigger than the Fiesta. The M-Sport Fiesta rallycross car is such a weapon (and a proven car) that the model change for a full World campaign surprised me. I suspect that decision was largely marketing driven though.

Oh yeah definitely, they're trying to push the new focus rs road version. It's funny how the RX fiesta is so good, yet the wrc fiesta just doesn't seem to be anywhere near the pace of the others. Just looking at results, the wrc fiesta has won just 6 events since it was first released in 2011, and hasn't won since 2012