DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge season 2016 for FIA WRX

RyuMakkuro said:
Joker is in a position where people like to screw you over, true... only until you realise, that the fastest way through the first corner is to stick completely to the inside. And I mean completely, the standard racing line will make you slower. Quite strange, but works wonders.
That's the line I use! I have been hit from behind a few times though when taking that line. 

As the first European circuit I visited it would be great to see Loheac in game. Though Loheac does have a similar issue with the loose: it's just dirt scattered over abrasive tarmac, so once a clean line has been swept on the track then that is the fastest line. 

Of all the current World Rallycross circuits I think Estering is the one I would like to see in game the most: big sweeping first corner, some rough loose sections and a tricky joker at the end of the lap.

Forgive the double post, but I uploaded a few pictures from Mettet last night. Few of my faves...

...more pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157666353413354

If any of you are interested. Just two more days of work and it's time for Lydden, hurrah! 

tbtstt said:
Forgive the double post, but I uploaded a few pictures from Mettet last night. Few of my faves...

...more pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157666353413354

If any of you are interested. Just two more days of work and it's time for Lydden, hurrah! 
sxxxxhhtt look at the ammount of grip of that!!!

Very nice pic!

We desperately need more rallycross!!  Wheel to wheel racing is where it is at online.  I was floored when I downloaded GRID2 for xbox one and saw the number of players still racing online on that old title.  Most of them on xbox 360.  

My idea is to fund a new rallycross game from both of the big rallyx leagues.  Call it WRX vs GRC!  Get all the sponsors involved to fund it.  So many tracks between the two leagues.  

If they need a third league I would suggest the Lucas Oil Off Road series.  More dirty wheel to wheel racing and tracks.  

Great weekend of racing at Lydden. Solberg had the outright pace, but Ekstrom is a smart driver. You could see Solberg was burning his tyres up during the first semi-final. 

Just uploaded a few pictures from Lydden. Few of my faves...

...few more shots here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157669591452305

For those of you who are interested!

Bakkerud absolutely dominated this weekend. Well deserved win and really happy for him winning on home soil too.

Bakkerud basically unlocked the "Clean Sweep" achievement :D

https://twitter.com/Ryu_Makkuro/status/742066047319179264

A huge congrats to Bakkerud for his second win and to Loeb for his second podium. Not bad for a ''rookie''. I absolutely love the new Focus too. Such an awesome and mean looking car, especially with that livery.

Shame about Timmy's car derping out in the last corner though. Great weekend overall.

Fantastic result for Bakkerud (and M-Sport/Hoonigan). I thought Petter failing to make the final would help Ekstrom increase his lead further but, with the problems he had in the final they are still just 5 points apart... and Bakkerud is rapidly gaining on them now! 

So JRM dropped Liam Doran for the rest of the season. Sucks for him but he deserved it after how he acted at Gatebil.

So if I'm correct, he was at a motor festival in Norway when he and the monster crew got drunk and started fights with security, Doran supposedly jumped on a drift car and caused quite a bit of damage to it? Very strange, bold move from JRM, as I'd imagine that Doran brought in a lot of money with Monster, but fair enough to them

So if I'm correct, he was at a motor festival in Norway when he and the monster crew got drunk and started fights with security, Doran supposedly jumped on a drift car and caused quite a bit of damage to it? Very strange, bold move from JRM, as I'd imagine that Doran brought in a lot of money with Monster, but fair enough to them
That seems to be the crux of it. I have read other accusations, but it is hard to distinguish between the fact and social media fiction. 

As you say @RallyDriven it's a bold move on the part of JRM. And true or not, it's not a good advert for the sport. 

tbtstt said:
That seems to be the crux of it. I have read other accusations, but it is hard to distinguish between the fact and social media fiction. 

As you say @RallyDriven it's a bold move on the part of JRM. And true or not, it's not a good advert for the sport. 
Yeah, luckily it didn't happen st an actual rx event, or it the coverage could have been a lot worse

tbtstt said:

Yeah, luckily it didn't happen st an actual rx event, or it the coverage could have been a lot worse
Absolutely. Will another rallycross team want to deal with him now though? Damn shame really, as he seemed to have calmed down in the last year and he was finally back in a position where the car wasn't his concern.

Here's a little overview for those who don't know what happened: http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/monster-energy-driver-gets-into-brawl-then-gets-fired-1783543595

Man, thats just sad, its like they went all NASCAR.  I've always been a little suspicious over most RX guys temper over competitiveness.  Unfortunately it turned into this mess.  Even though he's a not a kid, I think his Dad should have a long talk with him, there is a family name associated.

I guess Liam just 'bombed' his career for a while.  (bad joke but had to say it)

BtW:  How is it that you act like your going to pound someone into the ground, then when real cops show up, you hide under a car?  I think he needs to find his BIG BOY pants.

Yeah, I'm rambling again..

Well, um.  OK then.

:(

Yeah, @gfRally, that's what I thought too, maybe he's practicing for his debut in NASCAR. :D
It really is a bummer though. Gatebil is very much a for-fun event, it really sucks to see someone bring down the spirit and image of the whole event just because they had a temper tantrum.

dwkGravey said:
More Guy Wilks then, JRM? Please?
  • Please is a sugar on top too short.
Danny Way has already been mentioned with regards to an appearance in a JRM car. I'm hopeful for Guy Wilks though, would be great to see Wilks driving in France!