DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 [PC] XBox One Controller for PC works no more?!

Since I purchased F1 2015 for PC I used to play with the XBox One Controller for PC and had never issues or error prompts.
But suddenly last friday (4.3.2016) I get the error message after starting the game that the XBox One Controller IS NOT SUPPORTED and may not work...
Monday before I saved a GP at Austin (100%) and there was no issue.
I loaded this savegame and for sure, the XBox One Controller failed.
So what happened, was there a non-documented patch/update, is there a workaround for this issue?

i currently have no problems with my xbox360 controller, fyi

Yes, many issues with controllers after latest Windows 10 update KB3140743.  You can uninstall the update and then to hide the update so it doesn't install again.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-fix-issues-caused-by-windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3140743-501298.shtml

I removed it and now everything back to normal.

Good luck,
DrDetroit

DrDetroit said:
Yes, many issues with controllers after latest Windows 10 update KB3140743.  You can uninstall the update and then to hide the update so it doesn't install again.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-fix-issues-caused-by-windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3140743-501298.shtml

I removed it and now everything back to normal.

Good luck,
DrDetroit
Well I´ve done this workaround by uninstalling KB3140743 but the issued problem stays the same - game prompts that the XBOX One controller does not work.

Any further ideas?

Edit: Just installed F1 2014 for tryout - XBox1 controller works properly.

In my opinion it´s a Codemasters issue.

Edit2: XBox360 controller for PC works properly with F1 2015.

Got the same problem.

And I just installed windows 10. So it seems like a problem between windows and codemasters.

Yea, the latest update after the 734 update is causing issue again.  I actually have to unplug my controller, load the game and then plug the controller back in - this seems to work fine.

Good luck!
DrDetroit

I have the same problem, did a controller update, no fix. Yesterday it worked fine. But I've played the game after two month, so steam made an update and today it isn't working anymore

I've been having the same problem with Xbox One controllers in Race 07, so this is definitely related to a Windows update. Hopefully Microsoft will patch it up soon. At least the Xbox 360 controller works fine.

I do not think that Microsoft harms Havok or the XB1 controller´s driver with updates, otherwise XBox360 controller would not work too.
Actually, the Xbox One controller uses a separate driver from the Xbox 360 controller. That's why the 360 controller still works since the Windows update, which only affected the Xbox One controller.

That's weird.  Although running a stream from my Xbox One to my TV on my home network, The 360 worked fine but the Xbox One controller or it's elite version did not.  But upon adding the Microsoft USB adapter to my USB slot all is well again. 

Gave the new Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta at try and o wonder, XB1 controller works fine but F1 2015 still does not...
Still having the opinion it is CM´s fault.

All other games work fine with the pad, even after the latest Windows 10 OS version, and the latest Xbox Devices update.
F1 2015 is the only game I have controller issues with, both with a pad and with a wheel (specifically the pedals). 

Are there any plans to fix this, @ChristinaMc? Just to help those who have the problem until the new game comes out. Please advise if I've overlooked a hotfix.

Hi, I think I have found a workaround:
1- Unplug your Xbox one Controller
2- Launch the game
3- Choose 2015 or 2014 (with keyboard)
4- Skip Intro
5- Press any button (you should then enter in the main menu)
6- Plug the Xbox one controller
7- Select Xbox controller in Driving Control settings, and change your configuration if you want

You need to do steps 1 to 6 each time you launch the game though.
Settings in step 7 should be saved between each launch.